Joined: Jun 04, 2012
|Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 am Post subject:
Fyrd Instruments: a new brand and two new products
Subject description: New MIDI Box
The MIDI Control Platform is a hardware device designed to handle MIDI data. Made with poplar and laser-cut aluminum, the enclosure of the MIDI Control Platform looks classy and his 150 x 200 mm makes it a solid yet portable solution for live performance and home studio.
The MIDI Control Platform is USB powered and fully compliant with MIDI over USB standard: no driver installation is needed - the MIDI Control Platform is a true plug-and-play device.
To make it fully ergonomic and ready-to-use we simplified the interface of the MIDI Control Platform: four encoders with integrated switches, two push-buttons and a 128x64 pixels graphical LCD display. However, simplified does not mean powerless: thanks to his graphical capabilities, the MCP can control many parameters depending on the “context” displayed on the LCD screen. Rather than the direct manipulation of parameters, the manipulation of the graphical elements, supplied by the module software embedded inside the MIDI Control Platform, provides evolving capabilities to the MIDI Control Platform.
By combining the interface of the MIDI Control Platform with the power of software modules, the MIDI Control Platform is capable of almost everything: you will be able to turn your MIDI Control Platform into sequencers, controllers, MIDI effects and much more. Each new module is a new way of producing MIDI data with the MIDI Control Platform.
The Harmonic Music Generator is the first module available for the MIDI Control Platform. It is a new kind of sequencer based on harmonic rules of music. The idea behind the Harmonic Music Generator is simple: you can focus on patterns and musical phrases while the Harmonic Music Generator takes care of the overall harmony of your track.
The Harmonic Music Generator can harmonize up to 3 different voices through 3 independent 16-step sequencers:
- A bass-line sequencer with a choice of 3 different pitches
- A chord sequencer with 7 combinations of 1, 2 or 3 pitches
- A melody sequencer with a choice of 7 different pitches
For each of these sequencers, you can independently control:
- The sequence of notes (instant randomization)
- The velocity profile of the sequence (downbeat, syncopation, flat and random modes)
- The overall length of the sequencer (1 to 16 steps)
- The relative speed of the sequencer (2 times slower to 4 times faster)
The harmonization itself can be edited through its own 16-step sequencer:
- Choose among 120 different harmonic structures
- Easily create harmonic variation within the same harmonic structure
- Rapidly change the overall “feel” of your track without affecting the musical structure of the voices
Finally with the Harmonic Music Generator, we make the music creation as easy as possible:
- Each sequencer (bass, chord, melody) produces MIDI notes on its own MIDI channel
- The Harmonic Music Generator can send MIDI Time Clock to synchronize with your DAW
- Transport functions (Play / Stop) directly available on the MIDI Control Platform
More on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fyrd-...93056884042528
or on Fyrd Instruments website: FYRD Instruments
We ship worldwide !!!
Prices are as follow:
MIDI Control Platform: 180EUR/250USD
Module (Harmonic MIDI Generator): 20EUR/25USD