electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
Another Cubase Novice Needing Help
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Jack1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Another Cubase Novice Needing Help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I'm stuck already with Cubase Sx and just need some help....

I have found how to make a drum beat but cant for the life of me find how to create a guitar beat, or any other instrument... a friend who uses Logic tells me on his its simply in a drop down bar, and he can select an instrument...but i can see nothing like this in cubase?

So to break it down i need help finding other instrument samples like a guitar?

Hopefully you wont all roll your eyes at this Rookie question, but all suggestions would be gratefully welcome!

Thanks Jack
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I am running SX3...

You can go to Devices/VST Instruments -- this will bring up a table that you can populate with the VST instruments of your choice.

Next, create an MIDI track, click on the "out" box, and your VST instruments(s) will appear in a menu -- simply select the one that you want to play from that MIDI track.

Hope this helps.

welcome
Jack1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Thanks really helped! but can i get any more instruments?

Kind Regards Jack
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can download and install free VSTi instruments ( at your own risk Very Happy ). There are sites all over the net with free homerolled stuff and some of this is quite good. You can also upgrade to SX3. This one has more instruments. Another option is to buy stuff. No matter what you do, you should consider reading the Cubase SX manual and use the demo projects in order to learn the software.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Jack1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

Yeah im using Cuabse sx3 but have only found around 7 Vst instruments??? but im about to look for some VSTi instruments any sites recomended?
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are aware that you can use more than one instance of each of these instruments? Frankly, I am not sure you need more instruments at this stage. I am pretty sure you will do just fine exploring what you already have.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
You are aware that you can use more than one instance of each of these instruments? Frankly, I am not sure you need more instruments at this stage. I am pretty sure you will do just fine exploring what you already have.

The quote above is excellent advice from elektro80. One of the great features of SX3 is the help facility. Steinberg really got it "right". In every case, I have been able to answer my questions from the help facility (and I can't say this about many software products).

Whenever I get a new piece of equipment or software, I often set out to write "etudes" for just that one thing and try to extract everything I can get out of it. To master a couple of pieces of equipment/software will open more doors than to have a ton of stuff without the knowledge.

One great advantage is that the knowledge gained from learning a single synth, sequencer, or DAW will transfer to others.

Having said this, there is a LOT to SX3 and sometimes the terminology is confusing. So, feel free to ask questions and we'll learn this together.

-- Kevin
drjoshua

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you have your hardware synth to create a VST instrument.load it up to your computer and play with it like a "soft synth"?
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi again Smile

If your VST instrument is a sampler, why not?
Just record a sample and you can do with it what you like.

Just for the record, I'm still using CuBase version 1.1!!!

Wout
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
Jump to: