electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Outage Planned - April 10, 0400 GMT
Page 2 of 2 [39 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
bachus

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Lagavulin

From my favorite scotch site: http://www.maltwhiskey.com/html/islay.htm

Quote:
The color is a full amber. The nose has the Islay intensity (salt, peat, iodine, and smoke), but is softened by a measure of sherry. The palate has an intriguing interplay of smoky dryness and sherry sweetness, combined with a richness of intertwined, subtle flavors (grassy notes and salt water taffy in the foreground). The finish is big, dry, and peaty.

One of the great malts.

Hey mosc, hope you have something good to celebrate with when the transfer is done thumright

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, the server is upgraded and apparently it has been running pretty well for about 7 hours. We were down for about 6 hours, BTW.

There is still a lot of stuff that needs doing; mainly behind the scenes stuff of interest only to admins. We will be working on this in the background for the next couple of days.

Please let me know by replying to this topic if you experience anything that needs attention.

Thanks again for your patience. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
elektro80 wrote:
Lagavulin

You mean that stuff for making Irish Coffee ?

Probably not ...

Shocked

WWHHAAATT????! Laughing

Bloody stoned Dutchmen with their Englebert Duff-Farts coffee!! Laughing

You put Paddy's or Jameson in yer coffee! Mad Rolling Eyes Laughing

Hot tip;

NEVER, and I mean NEVER offer a Scot a 'mixer' (no- not audio Surprised ) with their whiskey. You're likely to get your block knocked off!! Laughing

With Lagavulin at $90 a bottle, it's with water or nothing else (preferably the latter! Very Happy )

Iron Bru is for the next day. It looks like medicine, tastes like it, and isn't made by Coca-Cola. Hurrahh!! It's a great hangover cure Very Happy Idea

The server seems okay ? Sorry, I'm a flying a bit at the moment Shocked Embarassed Cool, and have just had a Bucket.

A bucket I hear you ask?? Well that's literally what 'balti' translates into!! Shocked

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Bloody stoned Dutchmen with their Englebert Duff-Farts coffee!!

Rolling Eyes

and

happy birthday Tom party time!

bachus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

With Lagavulin at $90 a bottle, it's with water or nothing else (preferably the latter! Very Happy )

Ooooo I take it back, your not so lucky, Over here it's only $80.00 a bottle.

I have to say I like a small splash of soda water in mine, particularly the Islays. It's like imbibing all that's good about the smell of sea foam.

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.....soda water?

Shocked

SODA WATER IN A SINGLE MALT!!!!!!!!

Shocked

you you you you.... terrorist!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
bachus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
.....soda water?

Shocked

Shocked

Naaaa, it's just my lower middle class roots showing Laughing

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my.. Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...soda water... in a single malt..

listen.. I´m too old for such horrible news.. you might have given me a heart attack or something... Shocked I am still in a state of shock

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
bachus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
...soda water... in a single malt..

listen.. I´m too old for such horrible news.. you might have given me a heart attack or something... Shocked I am still in a state of shock

Well, I've only been drinking about a year. Perhaps my sordid drinking habits will abate in time. -- But I doubt it, none of the others have. Laughing

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bachus wrote:
elektro80 wrote:
.....soda water?

Shocked

Shocked

Naaaa, it's just my lower middle class roots showing Laughing

I'd say it's the other way round- ie it's the middle-upper class who terrorise their malt. Laughing

Golf is the popular working class pastime in Scotland. No Scot should be without their clubs Very Happy

Soda water should really go in Bourbon otherwise it's a little like drinking Diesel!! Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Diesel!! :lol:

but bio-diesel at least.

bachus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

Soda water should really go in Bourbon otherwise it's a little like drinking Diesel!! Laughing

Booze snobs! I've had a whiskey sour on a hot afternoon and it tasted mighty fine to me, but maybe not as good as a Margarita.

bachus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

I'd say it's the other way round- ie it's the middle-upper class who terrorise their malt. Laughing

Well, that wouldn't be me, and you'd sure know that if you ever had a look at me. Laughing

Page 2 of 2 [39 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: