electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
wtf kinda music is this
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
neb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: wtf kinda music is this Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

www.purevolume.com/benny

dnc3 was a track i made last night just for the upbeatness in it, but i like the way it turned out alot.
fuck was a song i made yesterday at 5am
and the other is going to be the first track of a cd im gonna start to work on. (which will include molecule and d@nc3)

lemme know your opinions, they matter to me
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'dnc3'

cool track...

neb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, do you think its possible this stuff could get me signed to some label?
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of the three I like "dnc3" the best. "Leaving" has some interesting moments, but the drum track loses me. It almost sounds as if you think you have to have an obligatory drum track. "Fuck" starts off nice, but the other voices in it don't seem to jive and have any relevance. The title seems crass and juvenile. "dnc3" however, has some potential. It needs to be developed further, and more importantly it seems to beg for lyrics. I think it has the potential to be a really fine pop tune. I like it. Overall, I think you have some neat ideas. Work more on "dnc3". It's quite catchy.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
neb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks. yeah i have attention problems or something thats why my music turns out so quirky cause i get so into the song and get so many ideas at once they all get jambled and then i loose interest. but lately i have been overcoming this by just sticking with an idea for each song, in turn you have the track dnc3. ill work on it some more and post an update in a day or so
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like DNC3. It is interesting. I like the beat kept back so it doesn't overpower the rest of the parts.

I like leaving a lot too, but the beat coming in kills the effect for me. I like FUCK. Everything seems to fit to me.

Great stuff... thumb up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

let me know what you think of this brand new track

it builds up for a while
http://www.purevolume.com/download.php?id=82728
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't get that one. Apparently your provider doesn't allow deep linking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok you'll have to manually download it : Shocked

http://www.purevolume.com/benny/music2

its the track titled "what are you cheering for anymore"
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like downloading entire files. Your provider should configure the server to set the mimetype properly so QuickTime can start playing it immediately.

I like this track. It is interesting in the way it treads on the edge of boredom but changes enough to hold my interest. The sounds are good, musical. The ending is unexpected and pleasant. This is a nice contrast to the other three pieces.
neb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the comment. you seem very wise/knowledgeable about electronic and just plain music overall.

ive been working with what i can for now cause im kinda limited hardware wise. these tracks are all done with fruityloops and cubase sx
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I've been doing music a long time.

How do you used Fruity Loops and Cubase together? What is the process you use.

Loops and delay are very powerful, but they are traps. They must be use carefully and artfully or they become obvious cliches. I guess thats why you don't just use Fruity Loops by itself like many people do.
neb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well for drums, i use fruityloops and then import them into cubase

for all the synth type sounds i record me playing and then edit them/add effects in cubase and arrange them together ontop of the beats in cubase.
Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked "Windcraft" and "Joggled " the most.

It takes you on a journey into the unknown. I like that.
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: