electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Is there a Thomas Henry envelope design out there?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Is there a Thomas Henry envelope design out there? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oscillators, filters, noise, lfo's are discussed in electro-music.com's DIY sections all the time. What about the humble Envelope generator? I presume there has been a TH design at some point?

I love the idea of the EMS Traperzoid circuit- because it can behave as both an envelope as well as an lfo. Are there any circuits out there similar to this? Or is that one unique?

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Thomas Henry

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had several ADSR circuits appear in Polyphony and my books. My favorite is the 555 design which I was very proud to have had appear in McGraw-Hill Electronics. About a year ago I returned to that circuit and revised it making it even more versatile.

Here's the deal: it's part of a complete set of schematics (for a complete analog synth with all the trimmings) I call, "An Analog Synthesizer for the 21st Century."

Who wants to take on the role of publisher and put out this set of schems for sale, on a royalty basis?

I think Scott will vouch that there are some wild circuits in this set, and best of all, the parts are all readily available.

Thomas Henry

Last edited by Thomas Henry on Tue May 15, 2007 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, yes, I could certainly vouch for that Very Happy
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thomas Henry wrote:

Who wants to take on the role of publisher and put out this set of schems for sale, on a royalty basis?

Now there's a question! Very Happy

The 555 circuit sounds interesting- I'd love to see it. However, I have to go to bed now Sad

Physics exam tomorrow Shocked Crying or Very sad

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
slo

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the May 1983 issue of Radio electronics you will find a fine article by Thomas about music IC's, CEM and SSM"s. Also the 555 ADSR circuit. Don't know if this is freely available. I have no scanner and I would need Mr.Henry's permission to publish anyway.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good Morning Smile

I'm not interested in hard to find CEM's or SSM's.

The 555 is very common, and it is best to go with common components. Anyway a Curtis chip has a circuit already 'made', so its not as fun as a bespoke design.

Photon

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thomas Henry wrote:

Thomas Henry

A possibility might be to use an 'on demand publishing' service such as lulu.com. The document is printed per order and the author retains full rights.
I can not endorse these services as I have no personal experience with them, but it may be worth looking into.

http://www.lulu.com/
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Photon wrote:
Thomas Henry wrote:

Thomas Henry

A possibility might be to use an 'on demand publishing' service such as lulu.com. The document is printed per order and the author retains full rights.
I can not endorse these services as I have no personal experience with them, but it may be worth looking into.

http://www.lulu.com/

looks very convenient to me.

Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thomas, I didn't have to read for very long, and I'm still kind of hazy from last nights affairs, but all I had to read was
Quote:
Who wants to take on the role of publisher and put out this set of schems for sale, on a royalty basis
I work for a publishing company! We can do GBC, Spiral, 3 ring, perfect bound, all that jazz. I wanted to do the other stuff when there were some concerns of it being released as a PDF. I'll read all the post and see if someone's already bitten, Let me know.
Thomas Henry

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's cool. I've always been interested in the printing side of things, but have never found a printer willing to talk to me about it.

In particular, I'm curious: what would be the price difference (or ratio, if that's easier) between GBC binding, say, and perfect bound? And for that matter, can perfect bound be trusted nowadays? I've seen stuff in the past that cracked way too early.

Also, again from curiosity, does your printing house do saddle-stitched binding? What's the max page count that can handle, and after how many pages do you need to start doing a trim job?

Thanks,

Thomas Henry
Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thomas did you get my P.M.?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: