electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
postcards
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: postcards Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about an electro-music postcard that we can put on the table with CDs etc. at gigs and shows that we attend? It would be a good way to directly reach an interested audience.
For now, maybe just a file that we can print out (say 4 to a page).
I can bring them to Different Skies next week.
Howard can decide if it's worth printing nice color versions later.
Anybody with some graphics skills want to take a shot at it?
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might be able to help out a bit. I can prepare proper files in various formats. The main form at shold probably be PDF. I could ask Marco Pozzi and some other designer dudes of mine if they wanna help out.

Postcards is a good idea. Stickers might be cool too. I can produce proper files with cutting paths for like the Roland Cammjet 500.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Postcards, and excellent idea, Greg. I'm all for it. I'm too busy to work on this because of my traveling and prep for more traveling. If someone is able and willing to prepare some files, I can put them up on the web site from virtually anywhere. We need to get more artists to sell their CDs on electro-music.com so we can attract more buyers. We still have to reach critical mass before this takes off.

Now for something completely different.

I was eating at luncheon today, here in Atlanta. Someone was talking about all the cool rock concerts and festivals that are going on now. I was kinda bored, so I blurted out, "Rock 'n Roll is dead. It was cool in 1968, but today it is kinda boring." Someone said, you know, I think so too, it's kind of geriactric music isn't it. What's the new thing?". I was pretty shocked at this point. I expected to get some arguments by some of the Dead Heads at the table. I said without hesitation "Electro-Music". Someone said "Pass the soy sauce".

Have faith electro-babies, our time will come.

When time permits, I'll post a file for printing business cards. If you need a title, just send me a PM or email.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

electro-babies!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

electro-babies?

electrons?

electrodes?

electronauts?

electrocitizens?

electro-persons?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there some secret touch to this electro-music.com logo? Which font is this? The logo should be prepared as an eps file. Probably as a version with postscript fonts embedded and also as a version with the fonts rendered to paths. Howard, is there a specific cmyk colour chosen here? Or has it only been done in RGB?
Last edited by elektro80 on Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and what about "electro-music.com banners"? banner exchange etc.?

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Is there some secret touch to this electro-music.com logo? Which font is this? The logo should be prepared as an eps file. Probably as a version with postscript fonts embedded and also as a version with the fonts rendered to paths. Howard, is there a specific cmyk colour chosen here? Or has it only been done in RGB?

Not being a graphics editor, and not knowing what I'm doing, I just put down some text in PaintshopPro 7 and mangled it a little. I made up the electro-music.com blue in RGB. So, I have no cmyk version, like I really don't even know what that is. All I really have are the jpg files you can get directly from the site, and a PSP source file. If that would be of assistance, I'll post it somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
and what about "electro-music.com banners"? banner exchange etc.?

Do you know how that works? I don't know much about this. Are there standard banner sizes? Should we have a page of Banners or something. Please advise if you can. Thanks...
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not have Paintshop Pro.. sorry.. hmm.. Does that program have export to PSD or .. something else.. I do have Corel Draw.. maybe that one can import this?

Which font is used?? I will try to recreate it in Adobe Illustrator.

CMYK is used for print. ( Extremely long story .. trust me.. ) originals for print should be made in CMYK.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just put the "approved" images somewhere where people can get them to use as banners. Maybe a couple of sizes, with or without descriptive text. I noticed that redskull already has one on his site.

CMYK means Cyan - Magenta - Yellow - Black.
It's a color scheme used for printing.
You can convert from RGB to CMYK in programs like photoshop etc.
RGB is apporpriate for things that will be displayed on a monitor.
atomico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, if u need sumone to design the postcard e-mail me at: ammillenium@hotmail.com, and oh ya cafepress.com u can buy the postcards in bulk
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: