electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
WSG Finished, Now I want an upgrade
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
asafnetzer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject:  WSG Finished, Now I want an upgrade
Subject description: How to add an Input jack ?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all

First off, Thanks for all the people who have helped me before,
this is a great forum with many inspiring ideas.
Secondly as a new member in the "art" of making analog noise I have finished building an Apc And A Wsg and now finishing a crackle box.
As Fun as it is in making noises with those devices I really want to Add An Input Jack to the wsg so I could plug a drum machine and maybe a mic in but I have no Idea how to do so, If possible at all.
And Is there a way to learn to do so, Any place on chips that, On general can accept input ?

Thanks and best regards to you all, And thanks for any help you can give.
Asaf
psylux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: WSG Finished, Now I want an upgrade

The WSG schematic shows a spot where you can tap more imputs before the filter section.
asafnetzer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi psylux

I'm kind of a new guy in the electronic business so reading the schematics correctly is fine but understanding how to add stuff is a bit out of my reach.
If it's help I have build the wsg using Andrew Sharp strip board design, Is there any way to add an input jack on this design ? if so, where ?
Thanks, Asaf.
psylux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

asafnetzer wrote:
Hi psylux

I'm kind of a new guy in the electronic business so reading the schematics correctly is fine but understanding how to add stuff is a bit out of my reach.
If it's help I have build the wsg using Andrew Sharp strip board design, Is there any way to add an input jack on this design ? if so, where ?
Thanks, Asaf.

Ok well I'm not familiar with that stripboard layout but the location I'm referring to is between C1 and R12. R7 pads the output for the existing circuit, your additions would start with their own 1M resistor tapping into this area. Basically plug into C1.
crazeydazey

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: WSG Finished, Now I want an upgrade

Not quite sure what would happen if you tried inputing a signal there, I have tried just building the filter seperatley (and so has someone else in this forum on an earlier thread), and although it did work, the signal needed to be really high before you get anything decent out of the output (listen to the output pre filter and post filter and you will notice it's A LOT louder)

Plus if you did do this you are only filtering your input, not really controlling it through the WSG (all the other controls, modulation, frequency, etc are not doing anything to your sound)

I'm not sure it's easy/possible without a very lot of modification to control an input signal through the WSG.

But then again what would I know, I'm also a noob (I've not even finished my soundlab yet..)
asafnetzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the offers so far,
Ive tried to plug it through the filter area and it didn't worked out.
Well I'll try again later and if any one else have ideas, I'm here.
by the way this is my APC, will upload pics of the wsg later, I'm finishing the box for it right now (more effort on the paint job)

APC Pics

Thanks again, Asaf
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: