electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
MIDI controlled sequencing with the Nord G2
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
lamefrillery

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: MIDI controlled sequencing with the Nord G2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my set up: I have Roland RT10 drum triggers (K and S), a Roland TMC-6 and a Nord G2 Engine. I've gotten relatively familiar with the G2, but I'm still baffled about the sequencer modules.

I'm attaching the RT10S to my snare. Say that I assign it to note 32. I want to work out a patch so that every time I hit the snare, and thus note 32 is generated, pitch information from the sequencer is sent into the rest of my patch. Like, you hit it once and the first note in the sequence plays, you hit it a second time and the second note in the sequence plays...etc. After that I can handle all of my sounds, I'm just having a difficult time figuring out how to get this set up. Any help would really be appreciated!

Also, I appologize for what is probably a terrible description of what I'm trying to do. I'll certainly elaborate further if it turns out nobody really understands what I'm talking about.

Best,
Farley
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like this maybe?

EDIT: Couldn't find original, so made a new one as it is pretty straight forward but might be useful

Trig Seq 1.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Trig Seq 1.pch2
 Filesize:  1.45 KB
 Downloaded:  1450 Time(s)

Last edited by iPassenger on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
lamefrillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is fantastic! This does essentially what I'm trying to do. I had no problem setting up another patch with another sequencer that operates on a different note so I was able to play two different lines with two keys on my keyboard (which I'm using to try these out before I set up the drum triggers).

If you've got time, would you mind explaining what you did with the note detector, the momentary on/off switch and the note sequencer? Like, why does the gate on the note detector run into the click on the sequencer? How does the on/off switch work with the synthesizer? What are you feeding into the gate of the envelope generator?

Sorry for all of these questions, but I'm really unfamiliar with these modules.

If you don't mind me asking, now that I see how to set this up, there are a couple other things I'd like to try doing.

First of all, how does linking note sequencers together work? It'd be awesome if I could seqeunce a melodic passage with more than 16 notes.

Also, would it be possible to jump to an entirely new set of notes by using another MIDI controller? Say I'm playing one part that I have sequenced over and over again but I want to jump to another section in the song. How could I accomplish this?

Thank you so much for your help! I'm so excited to get rolling with this.

Best,
Farley
iPassenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q1:

Essentially the note receive module's gate output sends a logic positive signal every time it is played, progressing the sequencer on one note. The bottom row on the seq contains trigger information and therefore its output triggers the env to open, again with logic positive signals.

Q2:
with regard to linking seqs together for longer seqences see, the help file section it gives clear examples which should get you going, switching between different seqencers at will is more complicated but there are patches on here that do it, have a look at the help file and then have a look through those posted, a recent uploaded perf by "stanley pain" does smiliar things.

Q3: when you say on/off switch i presume you are referring to the reset signal, i just used this to send a logic positive reset signal, so if you wanted to reset the signal you need to send a logic positive signal to the "rst" input of the sequencer.

R.

lamefrillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you referring to the "sequencing examples" section of the help file? The link there seems to be dead (and in a few other places).
iPassenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, that's what u need, odd that it doesn't work. try downloading the help file in pdf format from the Clavia website.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: