electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
DJ Mag Top 100
Page 2 of 5 [108 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
It must be said that the Creative Cultures people haven´t really made a huge effort in order to hide their idenities.

yeah but that's hardly surprising because at the moment it is 'fresh' and hasn't reached the dizzy heights of being accused of being just another type of spam yet.

elektro80 wrote:
Shouldn´t these guys pay for ads?

Of course they should. VM is marketed as 'punk' but punk it ain't. VM intends to make money like any other capitalist system does. There's big money behind it, and its making big money- but at others expense. therefore it's morrally distasteful- well in my opinion anyway.

perhaps these people are 'anarcho-capitalists'?? Rolling Eyes Shocked
hmm perhaps not. perhaps they'd like to think that they are?? Idea

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
OK, I unbanned the domain but locked the CC001 acccount. I hope we´ll see their managing director showing up here and explain why they are exploting us.

We could simply mail them and publish the results?

bachus

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The guy who is being VMed is so pathologically self absorbed that it sometimes feels a bit like parody. I don't get out much, so tell me are people really this empty? Is this why pop culture smells like crap?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bachus wrote:
Is this why pop culture smells like crap?

steady.....

Pop culture only smells bad when it steps in something undesirable- like the "Creative Industries" for eg;

Quote:
Dear Tom,

Time is running out to register your place at the First Contact event and Exploring your Creative Enterprise seminars .... contact Emma Forman on 0121 224 7375 or e.forman@creativelaunchpad.co.uk now to reserve one of the remaining places.

First Contact Event

Tuesday 25th September
Time: 15:00 – 17:00
The Theatre, Custard Factory, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AA

What a great way to find out what’s going on in the world of support to the creative industries in the West Midlands with this engagement event.

At this event you will be able to find out what is going on; whether it be events, training, seminars, funding, jobs, networking opportunities, work experience, support etc. and hear from just of few of the providers:

For more details go to www.creativelaunchpad.co.uk/firstcontact or call Tel: 0121 224 7375

---

Exploring your Creative Enterprise

If you are passionate about setting up your creative industry enterprise or have just started up in the Creative Industries then this programme of training support is for you. In association with the newly formed and refocused Business Link West Midlands, Creative Launchpad can invite you to attend one, or many of these training seminars as short, sharp bursts of critical information that you need to develop your enterprise.

The training seminars will be delivered by David Roberts, Programme Manager, and original founder for Creative Launchpad and is a great chance to learn from his experiences of supporting creative companies set up over the past 4 years.

Full information can be found at www.creativelaunchpad.co.uk/enterprisesupport

Introduction to Your Creative Enterprise

Tuesday 25th September
17:30-20:30
The Custard Factory, Theatre Space

Or

Saturday 29th September
10:00-13:00

Finding it difficult to work out what to do next with your business idea? Well, attend this Introduction to your Creative Enterprise session and you will learn about what you need to do to develop your business, identify some keys areas of support required, plan what support you need and find out what support is available. You will also get a chance to get to know other course participants and expand your contact base.

Show me the money, and I'll manage it … promise!
Keep it Legal!

Friday 28th September
14:00-17:00

With increasing pressure on small businesses to comply with financial management and reporting to Inland Revenue and Companies House, this seminar will take you through the basics of managing your money. The result will be that when you do start invoicing clients, or receiving grants/bursaries/funding to set up, you can be confident that you will be able to manage your money properly. We will also spend time in the seminar identifying different types of funding available to you, and what funding is most relevant to your business.

This seminar will also look at the legal requirements that exist when you set up in business, whether it is the legal requirement to register your Business, sort out tax and National Insurance contributions, protecting your Intellectual Property, Data Protection or sub-contracting to freelance workers.

Successful Selling and Target Marketing

Friday 28th September
10:00-13:00

This seminar will help you to identify and generate your own business leads, build a Contact Management System and manage your contacts so they lead to greater sales. It will also help you to improve your networking skills and widen your circle of contacts.

This seminar is also designed to give you knowledge about the best ways to identify your market and sell to them.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Show me the money, and I'll manage it

Shocked

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Custard Factory.. seems like an excellent venue for reenactments of Custer´s last stand. Keep in mind that revisionism is a way of life, not a virus. ( or was it the other way around.. Shocked )

Whatever

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

Uh... isn´t that one supposed to go like:

Show me your oil and I´ll bomb you

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Show me your oil and I´ll bomb you

More honest ... so probably not to be used in public Laughing

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unfortunately nothing to do with Custer's last stand (great idea though Laughing )

It's more to do with that yellow sticky stuff so beloved by the English (.....nope. not baby banana puke Shocked Laughing ), but this stuff....

images.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.71 KB
 Viewed:  9993 Time(s)

images.jpeg

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
unfortunately nothing to do with Custer's last stand (great idea though Laughing )

It's more to do with that yellow sticky stuff so beloved by the English (.....nope. not baby banana puke Shocked Laughing ), but this stuff....

I know.. but keep in mind that you have told me some about the Custard Factory scene already... I didn´t play with words here.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

well yes, well spotted!

cynical isn't it?

They laugh about it- but they mean it too Shocked

I once tried to get money out of these sharks for a website (I wasn't 'allowed' to make my own btw). They gave me a 'grant' of £1500 for a website that cost £3000. The deal was that I was getting it for half price (because I had to cough up the other half). HOWEVER- there was a strict condition. This condition was that I could ONLY commission one of their recommended web designers- and no one else.

This is the state of British 'arts' right now. means tested and to targets Sad Evil or Very Mad

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course Stein Very Happy

Good that this is in Schmooze too. It'll be nice if something filters back to the filth that flies round what little money is available for British Art right now.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
This is the state of British 'arts' right now. means tested and to targets Sad Evil or Very Mad

Take care unless you want to end up like Custer´s horse:

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

come get me sukkahz!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Viral marketing is music to Highland ears

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

What a great way to find out what’s going on in the world of support to the creative industries in the West Midlands with this engagement event.

That's not even a sentence.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See, it isn´t too hard to spot a dodo these days. Amazing.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back to the DJmag and Creative Cultures and what they have been up to.

Seems like they have created a character called Clive Rudloe, and have been making "funny" videos - with the djmag.com message at the very end.
Try googling Clive Rudloe! They have posted these links and vids all over the web.

This is nothing but a fairly ambitious marketing campaign.

A few words about DJmag. As far as I can remember the publisher killed the magazine, it simply didn´t survive in the marketplace. The Djmag.com website is a spinoff.
Corrrection:
Future Publishing eventually sold the carcass to Music Industry Manual ( MIM ), which is mostly known for the infamous Promoter´s Handbook.

As part of the campaign, the clever kids at Creative Cultures have been busy at the Wikipedia.

See the attached PDF:

DJMag - Wikipedia.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DJMag - Wikipedia.pdf
 Filesize:  74.53 KB
 Downloaded:  798 Time(s)

Last edited by elektro80 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.. why wouldn´t Djmag.com play inside the djmag forums instead of here?

They have more than 20 000 registered users. We have only 7002. However, our userbase is responsible for 137 171 posts. The DJmag forums
have less than half of this ( 62831 ). Consider what the numbers really mean and consider what is the most successful website ( as seen by a marketing professional ).

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

imho, e-m should just send them a bill for advertising.

deknow
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:

And make it a big one, it's a lot of work to keep this thread alive for them Very Happy

deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...shouldn't be too big to start. add big late fees every month, then hie a collection agency Smile

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no problem with MIM giving large sums to a marketing company in order to promote their DJMAG.com business. It can be argued that Creative Cultures of course already knows that the DJMAG.com website is a dead duck, so how ethical this is .. well.. Rolling Eyes

The real problem is getting to used to having fake personalities posting stealthy promo stuff here. I´m pretty sure I really hate that idea.

It must be said that the Creative Cultures marketing gods, even though they haven´t covered their tracks well, are lying and stealing. They should pay for ads and not act like leeches. As for the fake personalities and such, those games are theirs to play at their board meetings. We won´t have any of that here.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:

unfortunately they are more likely just to laugh at it and throw it away (I would imagine).

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, not if the member agreement text is edited a bit in order to "handle" viral marketing companies.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 2 of 5 [108 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: