electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Sell NL2X sound decision?
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
fischek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Sell NL2X sound decision? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Probably not the most popular question on the Nord Lead forum but I would appreciate a word of advice very much.

I am keen on owning a Virus TI but I just don't have enough money for everything I would like to have (who does?Smile

My question is, do you think it is a sound decision to sell Nord Lead 2X + Korg TR and get a Virus TI?

Thank you!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saying my own thing...I hate the Virus, so...
Try its interface first. That's what I like about the NL's the most.

Wout

Last edited by Wout Blommers on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
fischek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Wout - I'll miss you if I decide to sell NL
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah... You'll miss your NordLead, for sure Smile
Luko79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we have a TI and a nord lead

hands down the nord wins for interface userbility - so quick and easy to dial stuff in and so well laid out

Virus = headache

things that are right there in front of you on a nord are hidden away in menus - reason? well the tiny screen for one, all the information about paramenters etc.. are shown on the screen, hence why getting around the synth at times feels cluttered & cumbersome

i do however really like some of the sounds, they are however effected to hell and back so it depends what your goin for

I think everyone couild use both imo, they do different things and sound totally different

i find it odd people compare the two, the only thing they have in common is that they are VA

i will never sell my nord Cool
fischek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Luko79 wrote:
i find it odd people compare the two, the only thing they have in common is that they are VA

i will never sell my nord Cool

Thanks for an elaborate comment - I am close to the decision not to sell my Nord.

As for the comparison between the 2, I don't think they are similar - it's just that I want the Virus but can't have it all.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sold my Virus C because its user interface was a real pain in the ass. maybe the TI version connected to a computer is easier to program, maybe...

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
fischek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
I sold my Virus C because its user interface was a real pain in the ass. maybe the TI version connected to a computer is easier to program, maybe...

Thanks everyone - I'm keeping my Nord Wink Anyway, what's that in the upper left corner of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIDMM0LD8Y at around 7:32? Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: