electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
My ChucK Web Page
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: My ChucK Web Page
Subject description: Personal Collection of Chuck Files
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that I have a few interesting chuck files and a couple of songs, I thought I would throw together a web page where I put the better of my stuff. Here it is:

http://www.freedomodds.com/music/

Not to be confused with the main page,

http://www.freedomodds.com/

which is all about my sports prediction software.

In it you will find Impulse2, Female to Duo, a note on ChucK recording, Galaga Bees, and Pam's Synthesizer. I will update the page with more stuff as I learn and explore this hobby.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! Add a link to the WiKi if you'd like.

Sports prediction software? Does that mean you are very well at home in statistical processes and pattern recognition and so on? That might be interesting to explore in ChucK as well?

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Great! Add a link to the WiKi if you'd like.

Sports prediction software? Does that mean you are very well at home in statistical processes and pattern recognition and so on? That might be interesting to explore in ChucK as well?

OK, thanks Kassen, I added myself to the list of ChucK users with a link to the page.

Well, I do have some related skills including some grad work in AI and genetic optimization algorithms, but I'm sorry to say that I barely got through probability and statistics class, haha!

The sports prediction program uses the ELO rating system which is statistical, but I really don't understand the inner workings of the equations, just applied them. It does ELO to get ratings for the teams, then predicts a point spread based on the ELO percent chance of winning. Next it creates what I call "point spread space" where it does bet selections with algorithms like nearest neighbor and gaussian index to create what I call confidence space. Finally it selects which games to bet on by examining confidence space. It is moderately successful at men's college basketball and women's pro basketball, but I can't get the thing to work that well in American football this year. Oh well, you can't have it all I guess.

So perhaps you could say I'm good at creating simple algorithms that solve problems in ways that are often different from the norm. Maybe some of the bizarre mix of skills that I have stumbled upon as I bounced my way through college and professional life will help with ChucK, who knows? So far all I've done is rediscover the wheel but that's been quite a lot of fun in the process!

Also, nice job on the forum, it's a good one!
Nalaregeork

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This product has gotten pretty interesting too bad the gui elements are only available in the Mac version. But even with that not available fft and ASIO support make it very much more usable...
Glad I stopped by at EM otherwise I might not have picked up on ChucK

Great Stuff Smile
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've added a few things to my web page including a song I made by adding a plucked instrument to Impuse2, both of which make random note sequences. Also there is a binary sequence generator and then I expanded that to the attached file which is a base n sequencer.

It has a five-digit counter and counts from 0 to n^5 - 1, all the while turning on oscillators that are attached to each digit. The MSB has a 200 Hz oscillator and the next bit has a 400 Hz oscillator, counting up to the LSB which has 1 kHz oscillator. The number in each bit is coded into the amplitude and the oscillators reduce in amplitude according to binary sequence to keep the high pitches from dominating.

The attached file first counts out a binary sequence, then a ternary one, and continues as long as you let it run. The sequences get long quickly with incrasing values of n. Values of n around 6 or 8 might make a sequence long enough for a whole composition or performance.

If you don't feel like ChucKing the file you can listen to the mp3 samples on the web page, which is here:

http://www.freedomodds.com/music/

Just curious, is what I did here a simplified version of more complex sequencing techniques like using fractals? Happy Chucking...

base_n1.ck
 Description:
Creates music from base n sequences of five digits, starting with base 2 then base 3, etc. MSB is 200 Hz, next bit is 400 Hz, etc. and amplitudes reduce in binary sequence. Makes a pleasant little set of tunes.

Download
 Filename:  base_n1.ck
 Filesize:  1.4 KB
 Downloaded:  255 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: