electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
THD107 Quadrature Function Generator PCB's HAVE ARRIVED!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Scott Stites
Page 2 of 8 [186 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Coriolis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, thanks for the update! Smile

C
Tallhobbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GAAA !!! How did I miss this?

Oh well, such is life. Since I didn't get in on the pre-order and just now found out about it, I would be very pleased if you would put me on a waiting list (max 2 boards) if you have any order cancellations.

Many thanks, James
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Randall,

What's the status on the QFG boards?

R.
Randaleem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vtl5c3 wrote:
Hey Randall,
What's the status on the QFG boards?
R.

Hi R.

They were supposed to be here already; so I'm expecting them any day now.

Randal
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the update. One would think that they being delivered by rowboat from China. Wink
Luka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

am i too late to order for this randal?
http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
krisp14u

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any news on the PCB's ?

I'm starting to catch up on projects

paul

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
Randaleem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

krisp14u wrote:
Is there any news on the PCB's ?
I'm starting to catch up on projects paul

Any day now is the best I can say. They were supposed to have been here by now. It's a frustrating wait for me too. I have other modules I'd like to announce; but can't do that while these are still in transit.

Kind regards, Randal
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Any day now is the best I can say. They were supposed to have been here by now. It's a frustrating wait for me too. I have other modules I'd like to announce; but can't do that while these are still in transit.

Randel, this may not be my business since I elected not to purchase one of these boards but I do help moderate this forum and I really think you owe the guys here a better explanation as to why it takes you 3 months to get your product out to them. Please don't be upset by me asking but I do feel that paying customers should know why these boards are NOT ready for them. I do respect what you are trying to accomplish and I don't know all the circumstances behind the delay of this project.

I will let you have the next word so please give the guys a better explanation.

Thanks Randel,
Bill
Coriolis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi randal,
It's been a loooong time now; could you please provide some details on what's up with the boards? Have you talked to the board house? Or did they get lost in the mail?

C
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How many have actually paid for this PCB already?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe we are waiting for notice to send payment. At least I know I am.
I've really been looking forward to having this PCB, but must say that I'm disapointed in the lack of communication on this. While I understand that things can happen to cause delays, I'm a firm believer that a quick update now and then would go a long way toward dispelling uneasiness. Take a look at how the Klee team is handling things to see what I mean.

I'm not really trying to take anyone to task here, just mentioning my thoughts.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's obvious he has avoided this thread like the plague. That speaks volumes right there about his character and his business practices. He has been posting in other areas as you all might have spotted already so you don't need me to tell you all that. I know he has seen the latest postings to this thread.

Here is another chance for Randal to answer the burning questions. If not, maybe some private mailing is in order here ........... I don't mean this as some kind of threat to badger him as I want to remain on a friendly basis with Randal. It just bothers me that it would be just so simple to just post at least some kind of status and I, and I am sure others, want to know why. Simple as that.

Bill
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might be wrong, but I do think at least one of our guys paid for the PCB in advance.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
softfin

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least I paid for these boards already... and getting a bit impatient, especially because i ordered the VCA and PWM boards too.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Softfin, you paid for 3 different PCBs in advance? Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
softfin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Embarassed Am i the only one who actually paid in advance ?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, if I´m not mistaken at least Coriolis paid some 27 USD too - in addition to your 146 USD for the full set of 3 PCBs.

Anyone else?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Funky40

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I payed too, and it's a nice while ago.
might be something around 45$ i think.
Yeah, some comments are now appropriate.
but don't turn it to the bad here.
things might go wrong, in this or another way.
Maybe Randal was just waiting, to be able to come with good news....
Anyway, my backlog is just big enough allready Wink
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky40 wrote:

Those are wise words. It's just that it would be good for everyone involved to know how the situation is.

julianw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Everybody,

I paid Randall upfont for some boards, I'm usually a pretty good judge of character and he seems very sincere and seems to love his DIY, and is really enthusiastic.

I'm certain everything will work out just fine, I mean why would anyone invest so much time researching and designing the PCBs and front panels for the THD107/SDS3 and SDSV presets board and then not move it forward.

In my experience, generally people with the kind of technical ability that Randaleem obviously has don't invest such time and effort wastefully, he's probably avoiding posting here until he has some news I would suggest emailing him if you need an update.

Anyway I can wait a bit longer......I have a little bit of a backlog,
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Funky40 wrote:

Those are wise words. It's just that it would be good for everyone involved to know how the situation is.

Indeed. However the longer we wait, the forum members will draw their own conclusions. It's been a fairly long wait, at this point. Perhaps Randal can explain the delay?

Home,My Studio,and another view
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Perhaps Randal can explain the delay?

What we have here...is a failure.....to communicate.....

To put it bluntly, shit happens. It happens to all of us at one point or another. I know this from personal every day experience on this Godforsaken planet. There's nothing wrong with that, except for the shit part of course. Things can go awry - a problem with the layout, personal duties interfere, or (as I can only assume from Randal's messages) a board house utterly and completely drops the ball and leaves you twisting in the wind.

Any of those things is no cause for zipping the lip - you just say "I had a problem with the layout" or "My dog ate the schematic" or "I ordered the boards from (insert board house name here) and I haven't seen the boards. I've contacted them about X and then Y and I'm working on Z to figure out if perhaps they shipped them to the moon, because I ain't got'em".

"Any day now" works maybe once, though technically "any day" could occur in the year 2525, if man is still alive and woman can survive. If you're saving up the news for a big announcement, that's probably not the best of ideas. That's generally a tactic used before people have paid money. The big announcement that's important to most people who have paid money is "I've got your money, here's your product".

Nature abhors a vacuum, and so do people who've paid money, unless they paid it for a vacuum cleaner, then they want as much of it as they can get (alas, the QFG does not clean carpets or furniture). For example, if the board house is this fucked up, sing it loud and clear - it would help anyone else to avoid them and experiencing a repeat of this situation.

You have to consider the people who've put their trust in you. Thomas designed the QFG, but is not affiliated with this project in any way. Still the design bears his name, and that's a name that he has always maintained as an icon of professionalism and trustworthiness, not to mention punctuality. It's not something to be taken lightly, or blithely.

But, above all, consider the customer. It doesn't take much to maintain an open line of communication.

Something, anything is always better than nothing, as long as its the truth, even if it is a "shit happens" moment.

Cheerios,
Scott

Coriolis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I paid for a board and miniparts kit...
And I don't want to throw a lynch party either, just looking for a good explanation, or a "sorry, the boards fell off the face of the earth, do you want your money back". As usual, Scott says it right.

Randaleem, no hard feelings here ( not that hard at least Wink ) just give us something to work with, ok buddy? Please

C
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I paid for 4 boards.
It's taking a while but i think all things wil come to a good end.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Scott Stites
Page 2 of 8 [186 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: