electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Online Music
A drifty space-rock instrumental- Pink Floyd meets Hawkwind?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
SonicDoppler

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: A drifty space-rock instrumental- Pink Floyd meets Hawkwind?
Subject description: 'Red Shift' is SD's first release over the Internet.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The high priest of Sonic Doppler steps forward and places 'Red Shift' on the merciless blood-drenched altar of public opinion...

Yerzzz, this track is on YouTube (with a rudimentary psychedelic 'pop vid') if you like your music streamed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLbFJxvS4s.

My electro-drumming is intentionally minimalist and metronomic. The lead guitar i commissioned from a friend: I asked him for "Floydy noodlings" and he tolerantly obliged. The synths are Jen SX1000 and the Wasp - pretty old gear! Now, let's see if I can upload the audio to the site...

Sonic Doppler - Red Shift (2007).mp3
 Description:
Sonic Doppler - Red Shift (space-rock instrumental)

Download
 Filename:  Sonic Doppler - Red Shift (2007).mp3
 Filesize:  2.63 MB
 Downloaded:  2832 Time(s)

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is cool! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very neat track. Thank you for sharing this.
SonicDoppler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay thanx for the positive feedback! I wonder, are all the people who hated it just being tactfully silent Very Happy

It's OK really: I know the majority of people who listen to a track don't comment on it. (Me, I've only commented on about 1 out of 3 downloads, so far.)

btw, the track was recorded on Cakewalk and I think I cranked the volume up too much when I converted it to MP3. It's a wee bit distorted. Oh well, who cares - I like a bit of grunge!
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there Doppler

I like this sort of music generally and liked this track in particular. Ballsy!

I personally found the mixing a little muddy, it was at times hard to pick out certain parts on my headphones.

Cheers

Dovder

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Rock!! Bring it ON! Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I think it is far too little of stuff like this these days. More!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
SonicDoppler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dovdimus Prime wrote:
I personally found the mixing a little muddy, it was at times hard to pick out certain parts on my headphones.

I'm a bit perturbed by that feedback, as I never even thought of using cans. Goodness knows why, as surely the archetypal image of studio musicians is people with whopping great Wharfedales on their ears. Anyway I didn't!

I'm gonna get a jackplug adapter tomorrow and then I can sit down and check it out with cans on. OMG, how muddy's it gonna be??

Yeah, I guess this shows the value of feedback: sometimes someone might've overlooked the obvious. So thanx for that!
gretsch.guitar.girl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Pink floyd guitar? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's really good though I agree the mix is a bit muddy, and I usually like a lighter sound on rhythm samples.

Maybe I don't listen to enough Pink Floyd but I always imagine a pink floyd style guitar more like this guy's guitar piece
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f25/eggy-plays-floyd-72173.html

The track on your guitar has a more modern note vibe in my view.
blackdiamond13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoo hella psychedelio freaky makes me think of red hot chili peppers for some weird reason, and yeh, of course, pinkfloyd. sounds really trippy, splices of it could be really good for an intro to a grindcore song, maybe. standing on its own it's too like... hey, not saying I don't like it btw, but i need something to be more cohesive if I'm going to listen to it for more than a minute... but still, like I said, great as an intro to something heavier - blackdiamond13 @ Jemsite
blackdiamond13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh hey you're on my site too i don't know who u are though... sup!!!
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: