electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
super basic FL studio question
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
BaronVonNoize

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: super basic FL studio question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi i just started messing with FL since i wont have Reaktor too soon, one simply question. I know i could find this out quite easily with inquiry, but you guys are fast. I transfered a guitar picking melody to the plucked plugin, and these effects throw me off kind of. Lets say i want a phaser on it for a short period of time, then i want to change back to clean with no effects, how would a newb do this? and there are those pattern selectors i think i should using but I haven't really figured them out yet. and how can you have just 1 effect for one certain instrument, when i some effect it effects every single sound you make. I need a manual or something, i've barely messed with it but so far i can only make one loop that can't abruptly change, then go back to where it was...like quick tweaked beats or synths, ir quick effect change and then revert back to clean.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea what FL is.. but I guess it has some kind of midi automation of plugins. however, production wise.. the standard way to do this in a sequencer or on a large analog multitrack setup.. is to bounce a copy of the section to be phased or whatever to another track.
That way you can like crossfade the clean guitar with the phased one.

Actually.. after the introduction of the track freeze feature.. rendering virtual instrument tracks or audio channels with plugings into audio files.. and yu can unfreeze a track again.. this is one reason why this technique still is around.

In a DAW you use a lot of audio tracks just beacuse this is a smart way to administrate a project.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FL = fruity loops perhaps ?
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....uh... right.. not Miami .?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i haven;t used fruity loops, but i would think your answer covers all the possibilities anyway
BaronVonNoize

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shit, i mean FL studio sequencing, not just fl. I guess i just need to look into a manual since i got mine from a buddy and all he had was the disk.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Jump to: