electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Composition
60x60 - Call for 60 second electro-acoustic works
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
VoxNovus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: 60x60 - Call for 60 second electro-acoustic works
Subject description: Vox Novus is looking for 60 second electronic audio submissions for its International 60x60 project
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Continuing to promote contemporary composer and their works, Vox Novus is inviting composers to submit recorded works 60 seconds or less in length to included in its sixth annual 60x60 project. 60 compositions will be selected to be played continuously in a one-hour concert. The 60x60 concert season will begin with a debut in New York City and continue throughout the world in venues to be announced. Please submit recording(s) of work and submission form post marked before March 31st, 2008 to:

60x60
c/o Robert Voisey
Radio City Station
P.O. Box 1607
New York, New York
10101 USA

More information can be found at:
http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/Call.htm
http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60.htm

During the concert each of the 60 pieces selected will begin precisely at the beginning of the minute, this will mark the end of one piece and the beginning of another. There will be no pause between the pieces. Works may be less than 60 seconds in length, but may not exceed 60 seconds. Works selected that are less than 60 seconds long will be “padded” with silence either before, after, or surrounding the composition. Please note that the total duration of the work including silence may NOT exceed sixty seconds.

The 60x60 project’s definition of a record work is as follows: any work created as a musical composition which is captured on recorded media, which does not require live performers for its production in broadcast at concert halls, radio, multi-media, etc. Its creation can include but not limited to acoustic instruments, voice, environmental sources, and computer (Sampling, MIDI, C Sound, ProTools, etc.)

Acoustic compositions should be submitted with the understanding that it is their recording that is of prime importance and is what will be used to determine its selection. Scores of works are strongly discouraged and will not be used in the selection process.

60x60 is a project of “signature works” and short works created specifically for the 60x60 project. Excerpts of larger works are strongly discouraged. Works generated from procedures (i.e. mathematical matrices, organizational systems, or computer programs,) remixed works, or themes and motives recomposed from other of the composer's own work are acceptable.

The call is open to composers of any nationality, age, or career stage. Works submitted must not have been previously performed or broadcasted. Compact Discs that include the audio submission must be labeled with the composer's name and the title of the work. The submission form must be sent at the same time with the submitted work. Submission form must contain the composer’s name, address, email, phone number, composition title, composition length, and track position on the compact disc. Biographies and program notes may be included on a separate sheet, but must be typed and each may be no longer than 100 words in length.

Multiple works may be submitted. Each work must be noted on the submission form(s) and clearly indicated on the CD. Do Not send originals! No works will be returned, and may be performed in subsequent performances after the debut concert. All submissions must be postmarked by March 31, 2008. Selected works will be announced on August 1st, 2008. Submission of the work(s) on compact disc must be accompanied by the submission form and sent to:

60x60
c/o Robert Voisey
Radio City Station
P.O. Box 1607
New York, New York
10101 USA

Deadline: Submissions must be postmarked by March 31, 2008

Submissions must include:

Submission Form (including bio and program notes) and a labeled CD containing the submission in audio format. Submission forms can be downloaded at http://www.VoxNovus.com/60x60/Call.htm or by written request to Vox Novus

Works selected for the 2008 60x60 project will be announced on August 1st, 2008. Composer will be notified of the results by email or they can visit http://www.VoxNovus.com

Any questions regarding the call for works can be addressed to Support@VoxNovus.com
Sam_Zen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is quite a challenge, so I made 4 tracks of exactly 60 secs, using AudioPaint by Nicolas Fournel, rendering from the contest-logo:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I don't fancy the hassle about forms and CD's, so I will publish my possible contribution online.
If any additional personal info is needed, one can check my site.
My works are independant of any royalty-organisation. So only the basic civilized rules are valid.

Last edited by Sam_Zen on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was concerned about CDs because my CD-ROM drive is not working, so I emailed and got the following response:

Quote:

If you wish you can submit your work via the guidelines of the 60x60
Canadian Mix. Please follow the directions at:
http://www.60x60.yaeldad.com/eng.htm

At that site they say you can email your songs in or put them on the web and tell them where they are. They do want an info file with bio and song description for each entry, and they provide guidelines for the naming of the files.

I'm going to be putting together two or three 60 second pieces for them during the next few days, one Rock and one Relaxation, plus perhaps another.
Sam_Zen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I got the mail from Robert Voisey as well. So I will check the guidelines.
I've sent a reply, about a possible typo in the mail-address at item 3 of the "Online Submission" part on that page.

ZooTooK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: OT: Reaktor minute man comp Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rachmiel made a comp on his www.reaktions.com giving the same 60s restriction, although in this case it must also 100% Reaktor based.

http://www.reaktions.com/compilations/minute_mann.html

Just to make it clear, I'm not submitting all the above to the 60x60 project.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Composition
Jump to: