electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
substitutes for Sound Lab IC´s
Page 3 of 3 [62 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
PoindexterLabs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Mouser? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Hackbox,
Does www.mouser.com not ship to Aussie Land? The prices on Farnell look astronomically high. The NJM#13700D's on mouser are RoHS compliant and only $.77 (US). I also know that futurlec.com sells the 13700's but they were backordered last time I ordered (about 3 weeks ago).
Good Luck
Ricko

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For Futurlec, I think both websites get serviced from Thailand (not Taiwan!). (I had to teach a seminar in the same building once.) But delivery time seems pretty variable, I find 8 to 16 working days from Thailand to Australia, so I guess some bundling is occurring.
hackbox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never tried mouser to be honest.

I've still got this massive mountain of electronics to assemble....
Get over excited and things get away from me....

My gripe with futurlec is that on every order they've either buggered me around, not put in the correct bits and/or both.

All my diy has turned into do it for someone else this year....

http://theawesomepowerofrockets.blogspot.com
Ricko

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have used futurlec 8 times and never had a problem (except once when my credit card ran out.) And many of my orders were stupid and fiddly.

At the moment I am trying out using their opto isolator mini-board as an external CV buffer. Looking good.
hackbox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh must just be my luck then Rolling Eyes
Components and consumer goods.....
Oh my!

http://theawesomepowerofrockets.blogspot.com
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnny wrote:
there are differences between LM131700 and LM13600

Scott Stites wrote:
The LM13700 has the Darlington buffer unbiased, where in the LM13600,
the darlington is biased by the Iabc current.

The gain cell between the two is identical. Therefore, if you are not using the buffers, there would be no discernible difference between the two.

There are a few cases where one device may work fine, but the other not so fine. One case I recall is the original MS-20 filter (the later version that used the LM13600 OTA instead of the custom Korg IC) - JH noted on the Synth DIY list that replacing the LM13600 with an LM13700 did not work out too well - there was more thumping with the LM13700.

But, as mentioned before, if you're not using the Darlington buffer, there's nothing to worry about, and I imagine in most applications, even when using the buffer, one probably wouldn't notice much difference, except, perhaps in some cases, on fast transients.

Cheers,
Scott

anyone got SL running on LM13600 ?

I replaced a faulty LM13600N with a LM13700N in my Korg Delta and it worked fine. I guess the key here is to experiment if you have spares lying about.

A list of tried and tested Soundlab ICs that work would be great here...

I went and bought some TL0xx series to replace the LF44x series in my project after following the parts list (suggested alternatives) on the MFOS site. Now I'm hearing there is a problem with the TL0xx series chips. Had I read this before reading the MFOS parts list, I would have saved my money and bought the more expensive LF44x series chips.
Ypsi_Synth

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="LektroiD"]
dnny wrote:

A list of tried and tested Soundlab ICs that work would be great here...

I went and bought some TL0xx series to replace the LF44x series in my project after following the parts list (suggested alternatives) on the MFOS site. Now I'm hearing there is a problem with the TL0xx series chips. Had I read this before reading the MFOS parts list, I would have saved my money and bought the more expensive LF44x series chips.

I use TL0XX in my sound labs and have not issues with them.. what are the issues you hear of?

senkun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject:
Subject description: 2SK330 replacement for MPF102?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all,

Just wondering if 2SK330 can be a replacement for MPF102 (2N5457)?

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/toshiba/1033.pdf

Pinouts are different, but in a pinch can I sub these in?
aerogramma

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: TL072 for LM741? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more WSG than Soundlab but can the TL072 be a substitute for LM741?

thanks!

Wink
alieneYe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello all,

i just replaced the LF444 chips that make up the oscs for the minisynth with some AD713 quad op amps by analog devices. wow, this thing sound amazing now. the osc fattened up quite a bit.

i highly recommend this chip, and really anything by AD (op275[dual op], op27[single op], ssm2019[mic pre] ssm2142[balanced xformer-like line driver])

of course it is a little more pricy than an average quad op amp. i got 2 from digikey. they cost about $9(us) each. price break from digikey on them is 25 for $178

i will try to put up some sound comparisons of the different chip types soon.
alieneYe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: TL072 for LM741? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aerogramma wrote:
more WSG than Soundlab but can the TL072 be a substitute for LM741?

thanks!

Wink

tlo72 is a dual op amp, so i don't think you can use that. try a tl071, nte941, lf411. those should work.

a more expensive route would be a analog devices OP27. more money but more phat:)
maxdemian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey the only thing thats missing in the online shop i'm ordering is the zenerdiode:

can i use this one instead:
http://www.reichelt.de/Z-Dioden-1-3W/ZD-9-1/index.html?;ACTION=3;LA=444;GROUP=A422;GROUPID=2994;ARTICLE=23103;START=0;SORT=artnr;OFFSET=500;SID=11TVmniH8AAAIAAFUCJUMda162cc70cf4df7643ddf2307adcb846

sorry for german page but you propably still get what this one is about Smile

best
Page 3 of 3 [62 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: