electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Online Music
Homage to the Lost Soul - Oxygene
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
oxygene

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Homage to the Lost Soul - Oxygene
Subject description: CD!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

The human behind the Oxygene project resides in Melbourne, has many varying polymathic projects, both creative and intellectual. The Oxygene moniker is to provide bounds to that part of his creative pursuits defined as psychedelic electronic music that is not reliant on traditional dance or electronic structure. It varies strongly in tempo and structure and is written in a more stream of conciousness state of mind rather than worrying about traditional forms. To some extent this is a concious decision to write music unconciously, by turning off the critical faculties of the mind and tuning more into the more automatic emotive reactions that arises from spontaneity. For this reason, the music created is not for all tastes, but rather human to this music will hopefully, more than more familar musical forms, be more sensitive to differing mental states between humans. Oxygenes music is hence not created for the masses, or for a niche market where there is a previously provided framework, but rather for whoever may have a random disposition to this music. Although this is the main intention, it does draw a lot of inspiration from varying forms of psychedelic trance and intelligent dance music... but also drawing more abstract and theoretical inspiration from more interpretative symphonic music and from unapologetic creative minds. On the production side, there is a significant focus on not in any way limiting the aural space of the music. The average volume of a typical Oxygene track is much less than a typical track which is a by-product of allowing sounds to actually utilise the full dynamic range available rather than restricting this to compete in loudness with other artists. The aim with this is to provide a much fuller and warmer sound than is attained with typical mastering processes. "Homage to the Lost Soul" was written entirely during a six-month hermitage at a vegan retreat and was inspired by a close connection to nature, a more philosophic and relaxed mindset than that attained in an urban enviroment and also effected by the quite solitary nature of this style of living.

Myspace : www.myspace.com/o2e

Album can be previewed and CDs can be purchased off the website.

320 kbps Sample Track : http://www.soulofanoxygene.com/Oxygene-test.mp3

Oxygene-test.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Oxygene-test.mp3
 Filesize:  13.01 MB
 Downloaded:  2013 Time(s)

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just heard this on the radio - brilliant stuff!
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I liked this one too. In fact, I am sure I played it on my show at least 3 times--a rarity since I usually tried not to repeat songs, instead opting for new material. The year before last I went to his website. At the time he had a lot of music available for free downloads. (I downloaded and listened to quite a bit at work.) I thought about trying to track him down to see if he would do a show featuring his own music, much like you have done. He''s got a lot of variety (if its still posted there).
Steve
oxygene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Smile

I'm still around, I store my music usually at my website http://utopiantrace.com/, although I just unnervingly hit my bandwidth limits

Although my bandcamp is still alive http://oxygene.bandcamp.com/

I also released a new album since then, I'm totally open to anything

Fitz
oxygene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also interested to hear what radio you heard it on?
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All music posted on this site gets randomly transmitted on the shoutcast channel here: http://electro-music.com/radio/ (the radio link at the top)

Great to see new links to your stuff - I had a google around and couldn't find anything, I will definitely check it out. Smile

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oxygene wrote:
Also interested to hear what radio you heard it on?

Glad to hear from you!! In addition to the playlist, people do shows. For a couple of years I did one called "Organized Sound (with Dr. Steve)." For the most part I played music files that had been posted here with an occasional live improv. Later on I started playing Creative Commons music that allows for non-commercial streamcasting. The show has been on hiatus for 6 months or so and I am not sure when and if I will be able to do it again.

Here's one of the shows I posted: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-323003.html#323003 . (For a few I actually created a playlist with links to the tunes.

Some people have done shows on the streaming station here on a once-off or occasional basis. I mention that in case sometime you are inclined to spin some of your tunes in a show format.

Again, I enjoyed listening to your music. For some reason.

Steve
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oxygene wrote:
Hey Smile

I'm still around, I store my music usually at my website http://utopiantrace.com/, although I just unnervingly hit my bandwidth limits

Although my bandcamp is still alive http://oxygene.bandcamp.com/

I also released a new album since then, I'm totally open to anything

Fitz

I found the bandcamp site, but the other one gave me a 509 error message:
Code:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

I remember having to search for your site a few years ago when I downloaded and listened to a whole bunch of your music at work (unless that was a different Oxygene). I am not sure which site that was, though.

I will try your site another time.

Steve
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: