electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Forum issues - deleting posts
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
General Elektrick

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed
How can I erase a message here? If i want to correct myself, is this possible?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

General Elektrick wrote:
How can I erase a message here? If i want to correct myself, is this possible?

Do you see and "Edit" button on the upper right of each post you author?

Do you see a little "x" next to the edit botton?

Please tell me. There may in fact be a configuration bit or two that I need to set. I can't tell because I have admin privs and stuff. Thanks...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
General Elektrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From my side it looks like this, am I missing something?
I hope the pictures will help.

Best General Elektrick

[editor's note: deleted pics - mosc]
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You obviously don't see the little X by the Edit button. At any rate, you can edit old posts by clicking on the edit button. I'm going to have to work on why the X isn't there. According to my admin panel, it should be there.

Thanks much...

I'm going to delete the pics from your post because they slow down the experience for people on dialups and this is sorta OT.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I can't delete the pics because the file server is off line for some reason. Anyway. Please tell me this. If you click on the "edit" button, do you see a "Delete this post" check box under the text entry box - in the Options section? That's the way to delete a post. Apparently the X is only for admins.

A lot of forum admins don't allow people to delete posts.
General Elektrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, please delete them... thanks for your work!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The file server came back up and I was able to delete the pics.
General Elektrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I don't see this delete box! There is no other entry below the" notify me when a replay is posted" Box in the option section.
General Elektrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers
Now the delete box is right to the edit button, Super!
Thanks Howard!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm even more confused because I didn't do anything. Shocked
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If a post has been replied to or a poll voted in you can't delete it yourself. Mosc or Bluehell will have to do it for you.

Maybe as wishlist features are added to the G2 OS each thread can be locked or something? So it's still there for interests sake but no one can vote or reply...?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I split this off to a new topic. This is more like forum issues.

Thanks for the info on how the forum works. Good to know. I assume people can still edit their posts, just not delete them, if it has been responded to.

I'm not sure I understand what locking a wish list topic accomplishes. The polls are really just informal surveys. Why does it matter if someone votes even weeks after the poll was first posted. Sometimes it really nice if a topic gets resurected after a long time - it can take on a new life. Rolling Eyes
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is going to be one of those confusing days. Ignore my lock topic suggestion, I misunderstood Elektrick. Embarassed
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. No problem...
General Elektrick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afrokid wrote:
I think this is going to be one of those confusing days. Ignore my lock topic suggestion, I misunderstood Elektrick. Embarassed

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Actually I feel like I was very confuse yesterday as well, so the main confusion got started when I wanted to erase an email that was too confuse
to let it stand on the forum, this was the reason for me to ask for the erase function.
Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: