electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
SN Voice connector wiring
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
69charge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: SN Voice connector wiring Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott and Thomas,

I love your SN Voice PCB and I am building up the first of two boards now. I didn't receive any paper instructions but I found most of the documentation here on the web. Is there a place that shows the interface wiring from the panel to the Molex connectors on the board? I can't seem to find it. Also, I'm not sure exactly what component belongs in U5 as it is not listed in the parts list. I suspect it may be a 7805 +5VDC regulator but I haven't reverse engineered the traces to be sure. What is the power scheme / options for the board? The drawings are not clear in that regard. I will have both 5VDC and +- 15 VDC available in my rack design. Any help will be greatlt appreciated.

Bill Barnes
Appliancide*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The post above this one that says "SN boards shipping now" or something like that has a link to the full documentation. U5 is a 78L05, it's mentioned in the notes under the BOM.
69charge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed Thanks! I don't know how I missed the panel wiring page.

Bill
Appliancide*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, now I have a question. What are all of the little unmarked holes on the pcb for?
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ok, now I have a question. What are all of the little unmarked holes on the pcb for?

I'm guessing you're referring to the "vias." They are plated thru-holes that connect the top traces to the bottom traces on the pcb.
Appliancide*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any secret functions, though I couldn't imagine the module that doing much more! I can't wait to play with this!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: