electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
New Links Feature Added
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: New Links Feature Added Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have an important new feature for submitting, organizing, and viewing links (URLs) on the electro-music.com forum. This new software allows any registered member to submit links. The links can be annotated with a comment, and they are organized by categories and sub-categories. There is a rating system as well.

A large set of well annotated links can be one of the most valuable assets we can provide for our community. We encourage you to post links that would be of interest to anyone who creates and/or enjoys experimental and electronic music.

To access the links, and to submit new ones, just click on the "links" menu item on the upper menu bar at the top of any page just under the big electro-music.com banner.

If you have questions or comments with respect to this new feature, please post them as replies to this topic. If you think we need another category, let us know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: links Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have uploaded many links in the "resources" folder that is getting big.
I guess we should think of organizing these folders with sub folders or add new categories

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: links Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
I have uploaded many links in the "resources" folder that is getting big.
I guess we should think of organizing these folders with sub folders or add new categories

Thanks so much, Carlo.

The links still fit on one page, so I'm content to leave it as it is. If you have some good scheme for organizaing them, please suggest it.

Thanks again...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AgentA

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I came across electro-music.com by way of the Philadelphia Ambient Consortium subscriber list. http://simpletone.com
Greg Waltzer posted a pointer to a GTMBA review by "mosc" in the forum.

Really cool that you took the time to do it Sir Howard, and to present it with photos. Especially appreciate the lack of bias considering the variety of performances.
Since I enjoy these shows, I'm going to check out your previous reviews too and take a trip down memory lane.

Cool php bboard, power on! I look forward to revisiting. Okay, now back on topic:

I attempted to add the following link but received an error message saying that the url would not open. Please advise.

Link/Address Name: Headtones Online Radio

Link / Address Description:
Streaming a variety of adventurous musics by both promising and established artists; programs primarily consist of minimal soundscapes and foreground instrumentals. A few monkey wrenches are thrown into the mix, but all in all, it's safe to say that these are tones for the head and will provide a metapsyphonic listening experience.

Link (URL): http://www31.brinkster.com/headtones/

Access: Public

tones for the head
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome, and thanks for joining up. I'm looking forward to your participation.

Thanks for the "heads up" about the links feature problem. I tried it and got the same error. This means there's a problem on the server. I'll look into it and see if I can get it fixed. Carlo sent me an email about this a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll post here when I get this resolved.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello and welcome AgentA
Are you a musician?
If you're at the Rotunda on Nov 21, be sure to introduce yourself.
(Howard, Bill Fox and I will be playing as Xeroid Entity)
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AgentA wrote:
I attempted to add the following link but received an error message saying that the url would not open. Please advise.

Still struggling with this one. I can post links to other URLs, but for some reason, not this specific one. Crying or Very sad There must be something different in the return code. Still on the case...
AgentA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for giving this your attention Sir Howard. Also, the pic of you and your harley is inaccessible from your mosc site. Laughing I was just curious.

Am enjoying the Concerto for Alto Flute movements on your mp3.com page. Movement 2 is especially lovely.

Hello egw or Greg? Yes, I'm a musician but not in the usual sense. Yes I do hope to make it to the Rotunda Nov.21 and am looking forward to hearing Xeroid Entity, considering how I'm enjoying the mosc tracks. This'll be a GTMBA show right?

okay, going to click around some more, see y'all

tones for the head
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AgentA:
Quote:
Yes, I'm a musician but not in the usual sense.

I'm curious what you mean by "not in the usual sense?"
AgentA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:

I'm curious what you mean by "not in the usual sense?"

I'm not a virtuoso on any instrument. I haven't any formal musical education. I don't know how to play any scales, so I'm often at a loss when it comes to improvising with others. I don't practice etc. etc.
So in that sense, I'm not a musician. Neither am I am a working musician with a union card, income from playing etc.
Nonetheless, I have made and performed music.

tones for the head
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AgentA wrote:
I'm not a virtuoso on any instrument.

You must be some kind of propellerhead, judging from your avatar Very Happy

Quote:
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AgentA wrote:

I'm not a virtuoso on any instrument. I haven't any formal musical education. I don't know how to play any scales, so I'm often at a loss when it comes to improvising with others. I don't practice etc. etc.
So in that sense, I'm not a musician.

You don't need any of those things to be a musician.
Except for the part about practice!
AgentA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dang I forgot about this thread.
seraph wrote:
You must be some kind of propellerhead, judging from your avatar Very Happy

heehee it does look like a propellerhead.
Though the only software I ever got around to using was SoundForge, Acid and DSP effects, oh yeah and some soft synth trialware I forgot the name of.
So no relation there to the propellerhead software.

yup egw, practice!

That and learning how to manage money better so I don't lose my instruments and gear next time I get any. (long story that keeps getting longer...)
I was feeding old tapes into the pc for source sounds to manipulate with digitally when my pc died. PC music making is on hold indefinitely now. Just when I was getting somewhere.
O woe is me.
I feel like a three legged dog.

tones for the head
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AgentA wrote:

I feel like a three legged dog.

you know....I own a dog named Cosmo. when he was a puppy he broke all the ligaments of a knee. He could have been a three legged dog but after surgery he has lived a rather satisfying life (from what I can judge) been able to walk again on all four. so even a three legged dog can do marvelous things. it takes only a bit more efforts. Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: