electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Microcontrollers and Programmable Logic
dsPIC Project Boards
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: dsPIC Project Boards
Subject description: Looking for a new project?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey chip heads, I have four project boards that might make an interesting project for someone. Late last year I got all hot and heavy about this project that I called EChucK. It's a synthesizer made of dsPICs and little bitty analog boards. The idea is to make little boards the size of a postage stamp with various circuits on them and then hook them up like building blocks using solid wire, forming an electronic synthesizer "sculpture".

I got as far as having the boards made, which cost me $130, until stoopid me finally realized that I didn't have the tools and resources to program the chips. So now I have these circuit boards in my hands and nothing to do with them. I figure someone looking to do a music project with dsPICs would like the boards and maybe could advance the project some in exchange for free boards.

Each of the four boards has four mini dsPIC boards, one power supply board, and various little interface boards. Unfortunately the boards are not separated so it would be necessary to either use them in place or get out the Dremel tool or the shear cutter to chop them into little smithereens of circuit boards, haha!

Of course, there's no telling if I designed the boards right, so you'd be debugging my work as well... but I think I did a good job. So does anyone want one of these boards? I'd like to keep at least one, so that's up to three people who could get them and play around with them.

I also wrote a web page about the project, just click on my web link and then on the entry page click on EChucK to read all about it.

So, anyone up for a dsPIC project? Should be fun! Cheers!

KammutierSpule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Inventor!

I've checked you webpage and I didn't understand in what way that should work as a synthesizer. What I see seams to be a ADC in 4 channels, and 4 output PWM.

I dont know about Chuck language, is that scripted? ou pre interpreted? will your EChucK suport chuck language? .. dont know.. but.. look that dsPIC is not as fast as a PC Razz ...

If this project will be more based in software, then you should make some diagram block to explain it.

Cheers,
KS
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KammutierSpule wrote:
Hi Inventor!

I've checked you webpage and I didn't understand in what way that should work as a synthesizer. What I see seams to be a ADC in 4 channels, and 4 output PWM.

I dont know about Chuck language, is that scripted? ou pre interpreted? will your EChucK suport chuck language? .. dont know.. but.. look that dsPIC is not as fast as a PC Razz ...

If this project will be more based in software, then you should make some diagram block to explain it.

Cheers,
KS

KS, I forget the project details, but if I recall correctly the filter boards are for converting the PWM to analog. Also the inputs can be made digital.

EChucK is only loosely styled after ChucK but it interfaces with ChucK through the line-in and headphone jacks of the computer.

The concept is that YOU make the block diagram, any way you want it. In the dsPIC software, in the module interconnection, and in the ChucK software. It is purposely unstructured to emphasize creativiity.

Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Microcontrollers and Programmable Logic
Jump to: