electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Lunetta / Modular / electro-music History Made!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
telstarmagikistferrari

Audio files: 43

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject:  Lunetta / Modular / electro-music History Made! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RF and I had a successful trade previously without invoking the unpleasant $.. he was a total gentleman then and has been consistently since. I feel glad to have gotten to know him a bit via writing back and forth re: our trades, music stuff, life in general. The WSG I got from him was awesome, I liked his personal touches and left it totally as-is. As an active troller on the Lunetta forum, I (like others) was agog at his suitcase Lunetta. Around the time I first saw it, I spent a bunch of money on a 20-module Elektor Formant vintage synth on ebay, only to discover its condition was nowhere near as good as claimed in the auction (see thread in Modular Synthesis sub-forum for pics and stuff). I'm not as experienced with a soldering iron and a schematic as others on the electro-music, so I decided to see what trades could be generated for some working gear. I felt strongly about not scorching-out any vintage modules in an attempt to repair it myself (out of respect for the instrument and my own sanity, basically). To make a not-so-long story shorter, I finally just asked RF if he'd trade the suitcase Lunetta straight up for the Formant. After checking out a few pics, he agreed and graciously offered to pay half of the shipping for the Elektor.

This post is basically to publicly thank RF for the trade and let it be known that the guy is really a classy dude, no one should hesitate in the slightest if any future trades or transactions should take place. The Lunetta is AWESOME, everything I expected. Future posts to follow on that subject, I'm working my ass off for an art show at the moment.

THANKS RF! Keep up the work on getting the Elektor working and keep us posted on it, in one forum or another..

Thanks for reading, all.[/img]
telstarmagikistferrari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a little sample of me putting the Lunetta thru a DJ mixer with both sharp and smooth crossfading and general muckfuckery. In addition to all that MF, plenty of noisefarming, clock-rocking, and stuffing square waves into round holes (over and over) has been going on. This thing is great, a noiseman's dream.

ferrariscraaatch01.wav
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ferrariscraaatch01.wav
 Filesize:  5.34 MB
 Downloaded:  1091 Time(s)

telstarmagikistferrari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a little random sampling of nicely clocked logic-noise followed by some thick-ass square waves. This sample and the other posted give not an inkling of the timbre-shaping possible on this instrument. One can do really cool-sounding stuff on the fly, or let the instrument toss voltages around for endless random variations. IT IS REALLY FUN. Thanks again RF, thanks for listening everyone else..

Mark

ferrarinoise01.wav
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ferrarinoise01.wav
 Filesize:  5.17 MB
 Downloaded:  1062 Time(s)

RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Ferrari Institute Rocks!
(I'm really just schmoozing for an Associate Professorship of Electro-Audio Mayhem)

Wink

Thanks Mark - It's a great deal when both parties think they came out better.

bruce

<<Edit>>

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
telstarmagikistferrari

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a recording of a session I had using RF's suitcase lunetta ("1.0") from approximately 10:15-10:27PM. It was fun. I utilized the following modules only:

Quad 40106 Osc with sync
Dual 40106 Osc
Passive 3-imput Mixer
and the Six 40106 Osc module

It was really fun. Thanks RF. I made this song to hopefully inspire others to build Lunetta stuff as well as to demonstrate the amazing range of sounds that can be made using only the basics. Thank you all for listening. The title will hopefully speak for itself.

Marck Ferrari

ReasonableFrequencies#001.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ReasonableFrequencies#001.mp3
 Filesize:  10.5 MB
 Downloaded:  1020 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: