electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Sequencers
WAS - Alesis MMT-8 problem ...
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: WAS - Alesis MMT-8 problem ...
Subject description: anyone else still use the MMT-8?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PLEASE DIS-REGARD MY FOLLOWING POST! (Boy, do _I_ feel stupid! Embarassed )

I JUST found the manual online and (re)learned that I was operating the unit incorrectly. I just went and tried the proper procedure and the unit IS working fine!

------

Hey any and all. On Saturday, I've finally gotten enough gear built / purchased, to start composing / working on cover tunes and I've run in to a major problem that I hadn't seen before, with my Alesis MMT-8.

The entire unit is operational, with the latest OS update uploaded to it except - if I want to record via MIDI, any input - right after I press and hold the Record button, then hitting Play as well (standard operation for recording live input), the MMT-8 goes through it's 4 beat count-in and then RESETs the MMT-8!

Has anyone else who has owed or used this sequencer over the years, ever experienced this problem or bug?

It's hard to tell what may be causing this. A cold solder joint on a component that's required for the OS to check, at the beginning of Record? I'm stumped. I don't know if I could find anything by cracking the case open.

Another thought that I had is to see about putting it's older OS back into it. If there's a problem with a component required for recording live input, then the problem would logically, still appear with any OS.

I'd appreciate any possible help on this.
bunker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ve still got my mmt8 somewhere. Mine started to do odd things and ended up locking out whem trying to record. In the end i cut one of the legs to the battery soldered on the board. hey presto! works fine. I never did get around to replacing the battery tho!
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bunker wrote:
I ve still got my mmt8 somewhere. Mine started to do odd things and ended up locking out whem trying to record. In the end i cut one of the legs to the battery soldered on the board. hey presto! works fine. I never did get around to replacing the battery tho!

Well - what the fuc.....? Laughing I'll have to pop mine open then and see what's up. Perhaps I can find a battery replacement.

Wait though - does yours still retain the things that are stored in the patterns within it?? Mine has no troubles in doing that. I'd figured that the battery inside had been replaced or something. It's possible though, at the internal memory could store things without power, no??

Which model is yours? The grey or the black? I've, the latter.
bunker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for not replying Rych. Mine is the black model. A slight downside is that the unit doesn't remember the data entered when you switch off... Crying or Very sad !

I only cut the battery leg as a trial and error repair and never got around to replacing the battery, but it was nice to find the root of the problem all the same. I wish you luck!

Mark.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Sequencers
Jump to: