electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Strings and things
Line6 M13
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Line6 M13
Subject description: Looks like a good idea to me.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't noticed this before but it looks like a great idea to me and it looks pretty solid:

http://line6.com/m13/

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've read some very good reviews, and given my experiences with Line6 products have all been good, except for that wonky expression pedal, I reckon I might be getting one soonish. One of the other guitar players in my band of 30 years ago is most likely getting one too.
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My Line6 DL-4 ceased functioning after 7 years. My bandmate's Line6 Echo Park ceased functioning after 3 months.

I'm pretty wary of Line6 at this point.

Some old stuff on VIRB
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a 15 day demo of Pod Farm Platinum which contains the same FX pedals as the M13, I am downloading it now to have a play to see what they are like.

Any you are particularly interested in Eilert?
Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Andy, I didn't know about that, and seeing as I've already thought about purloining one of the small USB input jobbies they make, maybe I should just go with just the software package, using my Focusrite Saffire to deal with incoming guitar signals. Cheers!
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would look at the demo first, I am not that impressed!

Also look at Waves GTR3 demo http://www.wavesgtr.com/html/product_gtr3.html

And NI Guitar Rig http://www.native-instruments.com/forums.html?id=guitarrig3 you don't need the naff NI hardware!

In my view GTR3 is by far the pick of the crop for €138 without PRS DI Box and €205 with. It is a pretty good DI box but I am sure you already have a good un.

Next is GuitarRig which offers more control and insanity but suffers in the tone department to GTR3. Available for $259.

Lastly (so far and I think it will stay that way) is Pod Farm platinum at €262, awful UI and doesn't sound good to me at all!

If you are going to go the computer way then just get GTR3 it is superb and cheap as chips nowadays: http://www.thomann.de/gb/waves_gtr3_software_native.htm
Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The GTR3 seems to be a very good package, but I've privately boycotted Israeli products for the last 15 years or so. It's not something I'd tell anyone else to do, as it's not my place to tell other people how to live their lives.
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've read so many complaints about Waves products (not just GTR) on the daw-mac forum, particularly concerning customer service and copy-protection implementation (most of the regulars on that forum are PAYING customers) that I'm also leery of supporting them.

Some old stuff on VIRB
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ironically, as a Roland VG-99 owner, I think a set of individual effects pedals are generally more satisfying to use than a single multi-effector. I got the VG because of my somewhat experimental bent. It does have a few quirks though, such as some warbling when plucking too hard with a virtual guitar that is tuned to a different tuning than your real guitar.

It's a good thing I have a limit on my disposable income. Otherwise I would have ditched the VG already in a hopeless chase of the latest and greatest. Wink For example, I have gear lust for a Paca, a 65 Amps Lil' Elvis (tube amp with continous voltage knob - a rather novel solution to the problem of getting full-throated power tube distortion at a bearable volume level), a 2nd Macbook Pro just for instrument processing (my MBP is currently both the recording machine and the audio playground machine), etc.

Some old stuff on VIRB
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:
I have gear lust for a Paca

what's wrong with a Pacarana Question Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oskar wrote:
The GTR3 seems to be a very good package, but I've privately boycotted Israeli products for the last 15 years or so. It's not something I'd tell anyone else to do, as it's not my place to tell other people how to live their lives.

I thought it was an American company I must admit, I just checked it up and you are quite correct.

I also boycott Israeli (and chinese) products, although this can be quite hard sometimes!
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:
I've read so many complaints about Waves products (not just GTR) on the daw-mac forum, particularly concerning customer service and copy-protection implementation (most of the regulars on that forum are PAYING customers) that I'm also leery of supporting them.

I have heard this as well but from my experience Waves support is the best I have ever had. Response to emails is usually in a couple of hours from very knowledgeable support staff from that point on further emails are answered almost immediately and they always sort the problem out quickly.

Copy Protection is just iLok stuff, cannot see the problem with that myself. I have had one iLok go wrong before, Waves had my backup iLok restored for me in a couple of hours.

People also moan about the waves update plan but this has also been good for me, with this all updates are totally free, I started with GTR 1 and now am on GTR3.5, none of the upgrades have had to be paid for. Also I have had an extra 6 or so plugins added to my Gold package. I think WUP works really well.

And also their plugins are exceptionally good.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NI Also do a cut down version of Guitar Rig called XE which is €92.

Not fully sure of the differences most likely less amps and effects. I cant see a demo of it though.

I am going to play a bit more with the Line6 stuff today, I will let you know what I think.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I am going off of Pod Farm!

Attached is a clip.

First half is guitar is via a FatFunker into the computer then into a Waves GTR Clean amp.

Second half is with the PodFarm plugin inserted before the amp. The PodFarm has no fx or amps in it, so just the actual plugin.

Listen to what it does to the sound!

WHatTheHell.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WHatTheHell.mp3
 Filesize:  756.04 KB
 Downloaded:  1271 Time(s)

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
I have gear lust for a Paca

what's wrong with a Pacarana Question Wink

I like to start small. Cool

Some old stuff on VIRB
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Strings and things
Jump to: