electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Can anyone identify this track for me ?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Can anyone identify this track for me ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was given this on a disc a few years ago, it's so beautiful ! I want to buy the Cd if possible, can anyone identify this track for me ?

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlxT205bTgzMW1Ga1E9PQ

Sorry if I've infringed anyone's copyright by posting it here, but I really would buy the CD if I knew who it was ?

Patchmouse.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for posting that link- the quality was appalling, but that kinda added to its charm (it was beautiful). I haven't a clue who this is by, but it did really remind me of early Fortdax stuff. Fortdax was at one time allowing free downloads of his archive, but that seems to have stopped now- but he does have a myspace page

here;

http://www.fedge.net/fortdax/

and here;

http://www.myspace.com/fortdax

best fortdax track imo was called "w.h.coder", but on the myspace page- "like cream inside your spine" is really beautiful too (followed by "the cat child crying out" Very Happy )

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi patchmouse!

I was going to suggest you put a post up here, and here you are!

I can't really help but I agree - the track is beautiful.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Unknown... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the quality is definitely meant to be as it is, no doubt about that, I think whoever recorded it has the view that's been expressed here, that it ads to the charm. It's frustrating, because I knew his name at on point, a long time ago, but have lost contact with my friend, and can't remember the guys name anymore ! He was definitely American I think.

Tony.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I eventually found out who this is ! It is Tom Recchion, his music is so beautiful, he takes minimalism to places others wouldn't dare too, I haven't been this excited about finding new music since I was a child... a real find....

www.myspace.com/tomrecchion

Patchmouse.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one Patchmouse!

Here's Discogs;

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Tom+Recchion

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And a Youtoob Playlist mix! Cool
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mp3 download from Amazon (no iTunes though)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complex-Shape-Sky/dp/B001IJQ9RU/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1317039382&sr=8-18

(link right this time! Embarassed Very Happy )

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one is beautiful!!

and if you like that......

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll LOVE this (1st track by Murcof)

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/bip-hop-generation-vol.-8/id195785338

The rest of this LP is crap, but the first track is beautiful!

Patchmouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank's for all the links V ! I'll have a listen today, I like the low quality, makes it all more poignant, like listening to cherished memories on old cassettes..........sorry for my slow replies, but my net activity is virtually zero these days, in fact, I hardly ever go on-line, I still make music, occasionally, but all things technical, especially computers, I seem to have tired of completely. I've been doing a lot of painting lately, and spend all of my time making pictures, art, especially painting is still safe from the digital invasion, it's a lot more peaceful. But it's certainly no different from music, when it comes to business, it's probably worse ! Music isn't intrinsically worth anything, it exists in digits, in virtual space, but people will always want an original artwork done by the artist themselves, it is still possible to create something that is unique and not reproducible.
I don't know what Tom Recchion's situation is, but his music is some of the most beautiful I have ever heard, at any time anywhere, full stop, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is struggling to make a living with it, I hope not, that's the problem with the digital revolution, how to address the free download issues, but that's another massive can of unsolved worms.

Patchmouse.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: