electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
The new (up'n'coming) 4 Corners of Your Mind module ......
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: The new (up'n'coming) 4 Corners of Your Mind module ......
Subject description: a short example of 1 of it's 2 joysticks controlling pitches
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a short (just over 1 minute) sample of my current bread boarded new module for my noise machine.

This module - 4 Corners of Your Mind - is a cross between the 4093 NAND Synth and 2 of synthmonger's CD40106 Sawtooth VCOs, along with 2 more 40106 oscillators.

The 4 oscillators are hooked up in various ways for modulating each other, somewhat similarly to the 4093 NAND synth.

The module has 4 output buffers. Each of them have strongly different harmonic content sounds.

This sample that I've included is a short example of 1 of the module's 2 joysticks, controlling the pitch of both Sawtooth 40106 oscillators.

Hope you enjoy. Smile More samples from the test unit are in the audio section at my site, if you're curious.
amplex

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you opamp your nand synth signal? im getting a very low voltage from the one i have on breadboard, chip is MC14093BCP.. im getting .1-.2v from the first gate output on pin 3 (8.2v power supply). is this normal?

really gritty fm sounds =D those are saw waves? hard to tell when they are smashing into each other so hard =] with some filtering this would sound nice.. im putting a little switchable RC lowpass in this noise box, found that a 2.2k/.1uf cap seemed to work nicely while not cutting the volume too much!

id actually like to have a switchable lp/hp filter on each 'channel' made up of 2 syncd nandgates..maybe even 2 audio outs for that! with a fine tune on the oscs for a slight chorusy sound, been getting a few cool sounds like that out of the lunetta lately =B as soon as i have another synth for more tone i will be patching the pulse outs into the lunetta, more patchable clocks, seq cv out, glide, >=D might take me another day to get this finished tho, unsure on amping my signal from the nand gate, i will probably do a tl072/lm386 circuit as thats all i have right now

amplex

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject:  verdict: nand synth needs opamp Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i used a lm386 and it sounds great!!! on the 2 nand synth schematics i have, neither one had an opamp.. but the 50 gain amp works great off the 386 datasheet! sounds nice too with a lil gain, & very simple, low parts count, for caps: .05uf (i used 2 .022uf), 100uf, 250uf (i used 200uf). for resistors, 450k (i used 470k) and 10ohm which i used a 15 and the thing sounds sweet. also for the feedback gain i used a 10k with a 10uf cap, and also used a 10k pot for pre-gain. gonna finish building this tonight, will post results!!!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: