electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Hi
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Carthago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,

I have started with homerecording about six months ago, my dream is producing trance music which I love so much. After testing multiple software synths I came to the conclusion that I needed a hardware synth integrated on a real keyboard.

I wanted to learn the synthesis of sound with a real Synth/keyboard, not just software with a pdf file that explains you the basics.

After a lot of hesitation, I finally decided to buy the G2X, and I'm starting to realize that I couldn't haven chosen a better synth. I can't tell you how childish I was when I started to use it, and I'm still at the very beginning!!!

Is there any advice you could give me in the approach to become a real Modular pro? At the moment I'm reading the manual and having a lot of fun playing with the patches and making my first Synth with the editor, but I believe best would be to start studying the different synthesis methods and to practice them with the editor.

Oh and I'm sorry for the quality of my post, I'm very very veeeeeeery tired today Smile

Regards

-Carthago from Switzerland.

egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're doing the right thing to get started - just play with the editor, try different things to see what kind of sounds you can get. While learning I think it's best to focus on the traditional analog style synthesis - it's straightforward and the basic concepts of oscillator, envelope, filter and LFO will still be useful when you wish to branch out into other styles. Anyway here's a link with lots of good info, and it's all presented in the context of nord modular techniques:
http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~clark/nordmodularbook/nm_book_toc.html
If there are specific things you want to try to do, post your questions here and I'm sure there will be someone who can help you. Good luck!
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Cartago, welcome. You can visit the clavia site and see the NM tips&tricks page. Rob did some good stuff overthere and i did some other and house, techno etc programming stuff overthere workshops. They go for the G2 aswell, but the G2 = better:) I'm busy now with workshops for G2, more into the dance, tekno etc stuff. Basics aswell. The first user manual contains a lot of mistakes(i call it). but it's getting better.
Cheers, Roland
p.s. a lot to learn from this forum, look and study the pch's and perf.
There are many nice contributions in all fields.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: