electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Moog PianoBar (tm)
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Moog PianoBar (tm) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?main_product_id=71
Moog PianoBar (tm)

What makes the PianoBar unique is the revolutionary, patent pending technology utilized in the Scanner Bar. The Scanner Bar sits ever so slightly above the piano's keys; nothing touches the keys, leaving the touch and feel wonderfully unaffected. The Scanner Bar is less than 1/2" thick and rests against the fall board out of the way of flying fingers. The Pedal Sensor rests underneath the piano's pedals to register their motion. The Scanner Bar and Pedal Sensor work together to capture the full range of your expressive touch - from resounding chords to delicate passages.
The sensors feed the note and the velocity of the note to the Control Module where it is transformed into MIDI information and can be used to trigger over 300 built-in sounds. The configuration of MIDI is called a Setup. There are a total of 100 Setups in the Control Module; 20 can be stored on the portable Library Card. A Setup contains information about what sounds are played on the 16 MIDI channels, programmable zones, volume, velocity curves, and other functions. The Control Module's internal sound generator houses a large array of high quality sounds that can be played by the piano keys. These sounds, layered with the sound of the acoustic piano, can add an exciting new dimension to your playing. The PianoBar is portable and can be installed on virtually any 88-key piano - it goes wherever you go. It all comes in a rugged carrying case for easy transport.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I tried it and it's very cool

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have tried it?? WOW! That siound generator.. what is inside of that one? Is this some GM midi device?
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some of the applications of the PianoBar:

Sound Exploration. Choose from a collection of more than 300 instruments, 16 at time, to layer with the sound of your acoustic piano.

Aid to Composition. Interface the PianoBar to composition software (like Sibelius) and watch your score instantly appear as sheet music on a lap top.

New Tool for Piano Teachers. Play a MIDI file into the Control Module. Watch as the LEDs above each key light-up showing chord changes, patterns, or riffs - great for visual learners!

Entertainment. Play a MIDI file from a computer into the PianoBar and convert your piano into a virtual player piano!

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What does this thingie cost?
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
What does this thingie cost?

it's around 1400 Euro, I guess
it's not cheap but it's classy stuff!

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1400 Euro? Hmm.. it solves a lot for certain musicans so this is pretty acceptable pricewise.
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

schools like conservatories of music should have it (and may be any serious piano teacher too) I am so enthusiastic I should be hired by Mr. Moog himself Shocked

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should!! Really! Moog should hire you! Then he could hire me in order to keep you busy Shocked
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
You should!! Really! Moog should hire you! Then he could hire me in order to keep you busy Shocked

what a plot Very Happy

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plots R us ? We can franchise it!

Cool Reminds I have this extensive patch which should be made into a standalone instrument.. and also a plugin. are there any software developers out there who wanna have my idea?
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Plots R us ? We can franchise it!

Cool Reminds I have this extensive patch which should be made into a standalone instrument.. and also a plugin. are there any software developers out there who wanna have my idea?

why not Mr.Moog himself? Aren't you a devoted "Moogan"?

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well.. sure I am.. Hmm.. but it is probably a lame idea to try to give him product ideas.. but this thingie would be the next big hit I guess if he made it. the sounds such a device can make is pretty awesome. I would love to have the same thingie as a plug .. possibly it could be a great idea for the Mackie UAD-1 too.
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Jump to: