electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
The Soldering Musician Show Music Archives & Blog
Page 3 of 8 [199 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

last show was a lot of fun bill! look forward to them every 2 weeks!
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
last show was a lot of fun bill! look forward to them every 2 weeks!

Thanks brother !! Likewise !!! Laughing

Cookin up something with "The Allison Project" ... more news to come soon Wink
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Soldering Musician Show is happy to feature a very special guest for an evening of eclectic and stimulating electronic music.

Chris MacDonald of The "Alison Project", on Tuesday, July 21, from 7PM to 9PM EDT, will be performing two 30 minute LIVE sets on his massive analog modular system and one hour of fixed audio play back wedged in between for a total two hours of mind bending electric sounds !! Mark the calendar and please do TUNE in and stop by in the chat room.

Visit his TAP Web Site at:

http://www.thealisonproject.com/

His fixed audio compositions will feature:

1. Just Rage
(from full length "The Nature Of Dis-Ease", uses my Modular, PS3, MAM (Music And More) VF11 Vocoder and Moogerfoogers)

2. Sequence To My Nightmare V
(from upcoming "Sequence To My Nightmare CD-R" being put out by a label called 'Season Affect", live modular recording)

3. Torn Envelopes VI
(live modular recording that also uses a Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter / Delay and a Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb)

4. Sequence To My Nightmare IX
(from upcoming "Sequence To My Nightmare CD-R" being put out by a label called 'Season Affect", live modular recording)

5. The Nature Of Dis-Ease
(from full length "The Nature Of Dis-Ease", uses my Modular, Moogerfoogers and a Dave Smith Evolver Keyboard)

6. Torn Envelopes XXVI
(live modular recording)

7. After The Cut (Edit)
(Edited version of a track from "The Nature Of Dis-ease" which was released on a the 2CD compilation called "New World Order" by the label "Thonar Records").

8. Sequence To My Nightmare I

9. Sequence To My Nightmare X
(from upcoming "Sequence To My Nightmare CD-R" being put out by a label called 'Season Affect", live modular recordin
g)

Thank You,
Your Host: State Machine

the_alison_project_composite.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Viewed:  934 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

the_alison_project_composite.jpg

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to thanks Chris MacDonald of the "The Alison Project" for performing a two hour set last evening. Among these two hours were two 30 minute LIVE sets performed on his impressive modular analog synthesizer proving that the modular is alive and well and when in the hands of a skilled sound designer such as Chris, can be a wonderful live performance instrument. We certainly enjoyed your music and hope to have you, once again, play for us.

Thanks again
Bill
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill, I missed the show, I was crashed out sleeping. When are you going to post the recording?

Les

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it was an incredible performance!!! too bad more people were not there to enjoy it. Will the performance be available to download?
Thanks again Chris and Bill !!! Very Happy

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Bill, I missed the show, I was crashed out sleeping. When are you going to post the recording?

OK Les, Laughing , well, since it was a LIVE set performed by Chris as my guest it's really up to him if he wants it posted here. If he plans to post it on his webspace instead, I can post the link to the recording here

Bill
The Alison Project

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will be putting up mp3's of the two 30 min live sets today on my webpage, I will post the link here when they are uploaded.
www.myspace.com/theyakuzacowboys
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh mince, i was so engrossed in muti band compressors, last night i clean forgot, damn, i wanted to hear that, eye's peeled for Chris' upload.
I'll have to set a phone alarm at 23:50 gmt every second tuesday.
The Alison Project

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Live sets have been added to webpage.
www.thealisonproject.com

Torn Envelopes section numbers XXXX (40) and XXXXI (41).

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks chris!

uploading now Very Happy

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you! I missed it too...
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Chris, sorry i missed the show.
Thanks to Bill for exposing new electronic music. Cool.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Electronic Music fans !!! BIG week here for new music and that's why the Soldering Musician Show is having a CD RELEASE PARTY !!! Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 7PM Eastern daylight Time

The first feature of the evening is a new CD release by Dave Wood of Skrog Productions. The CD is by "Orchard" and is titled "Mono-Mania". The new CD will be played in it's entirety for the first time right here on electro-music.com radio.

Visit the link below to check out the music of Skrog productions.:
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SKROGPRODUCTIONS

Dave says:

To get a list of CDr discs available from various Skrog Productions artists PM me, on electro-music.com or.....
Email SKROG.SOUNDS@VIRGIN.NET

The second feature of the show is Mike Matteo of NEOREV. Mike has finally released his new CD "LINES & SHAPES" and now I am pleased to play the new CD, professionally mastered and all, in it's entirety right here on my show. Mike will be also there in the studio with me to comment on his CD and his recent club performances.

Also, another guest will be Kid Sputnik, master of Reaktor & mad coder, to perform electronic music on his laptop, controlled by his Monome.

Kid vs. Chemical will be back hopefully later in the show to perform some chip music on his Game Boy once again for us !!!

So, BIG show ahead !!! Please don't miss it !!!

To Purchase Mike's new "NEOREV" CD, just click on the image below to get yourself one !!

Also, come and visit these sites:

http://midibear.com/
http://www.myspace.com/neorevmusic
http://www.myspace.com/kid_sputnik
http://www.myspace.com/kidchemical

orchard_mono_mania_cover.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.36 KB
 Viewed:  70582 Time(s)

orchard_mono_mania_cover.jpg

neorev_lines_and_shapes_cover.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.69 KB
 Viewed:  873 Time(s)

neorev_lines_and_shapes_cover.jpg

orchard_press_photos.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Viewed:  929 Time(s)

orchard_press_photos.jpg

Last edited by State Machine on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow looks like fun!!! ill see ya there! Very Happy
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks (and will most probably sound) absolutely amazing! Unfortunately I'll miss it.

/Stefan

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many many thanks to everyone who stopeed by to listen and anyone who stopped by the chat room to say hi Cool

We literally did end up having a CD release party at my home and studio and do apologize for not chatting in the chat room as often as I like. WE did see lots of cool and funny comments Cool Laughing

I feel like I am part of one BIG family and really do appreciate ALL you guys in the forum.

Bless you all and prosper !!

Your friend
Bill

PS: Thank you Dave Wood of Skrog Productions and "Orchard" and Mike NEOREV Matteo of Norotek Records ...
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go NEOREV! I'm a NEOREV fan! Excellent music indeed.
NEOREV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed

thanks inventor!

and thanks to everyone in the chat last night...
appreciate all the feedback and enjoyed the funny comments as well.

it was another great time in Bill's studio...
beer and pizza is always a plus!
maybe next time i'll do a little live set for the show.

i'll be sure to bring "Oh No!" to the floor at EM09 in October!
Can't wait for that!
and it'll be cool to meet some of the folks here at electro-music.com

Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks very much Bill for playing Orchard _ Mono-Mania last night, Chat room was good again and big cheers for Neorev !!.

The album sounded slightly different to when i (tried to) mastered it a few weeks ago.

My lessons learned this time.......
1-Never multiband compress the whole mix ( my Waldorf Pulse annihilates other sounds in the some of the tracks & the drums have artefacts from the compression) .

2-Get all sounds balanced/ E.Q.ed / and correct first time before recording a full take ( i hardware sequence 13 synths & 3 drum modules to stereo).

Probably me being self critical, i still enjoyed the show immensely.

New EPICYCLUS album before Xmas this year hey hey Smile

Thanks again Bill & all listeners , very pleased.

Dave Wood
The Alison Project

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill, any word of this weeks show.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all, well the announcement is a bit late but here is what is lined up for this weeks show !!

As some may or may not know, the MIDI BEAR crew, of which I am a member of, and some friends from Norotek records did an electronic music concert here in the Long Island, NY area on Saturday, August 15, 2009. As part of festivities, we gave out 100 FREE sampler CD's of the core groups music at the show. This and 100's of GLOW STICKS !!!!

See post about the show:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-36117.html

The first part of the show I will play this MIDI & FRIENDS sampler CD in it's entirety. All original compositions by some very fine electronic musicians. I think you will enjoy the listening experience featuring Breakbeat, IDM, Breakcore, Chip Music, and more ...

After this, I will play a 12 minute LIVE "State Machine" set of some hard house that I had performed at the show last Saturday evening. get ready for some "bangin" beats !!

http://midibear.com/

Later in the show I feature a 1 hour block of SID CHIP music using the "Hard SID" and the venerable 8580 Rev 5 SID chip by two fine chipper artists INTENSITY and WACEK .... This will know your socks off so please do join me !!!

Please seek these guys out right here on this website:

http://sid.oth4.com

Also, for some cool technical information on the SID chips, please visit:

http://sid.kubarth.com/

HardSID Information:

http://www.hardsid.com/

So what does the SID chip offer you ask:

3 TONE OSCILLATORS
Range: 0-4 kHz
4 WAVEFORMS PER OSCILLATOR
Triangle, Sawtooth, Variable Pulse, Noise
3 AMPLITUDE MODULATORS
Range: 48 dB
3 ENVELOPE GENERATORS
Exponential response Attack Rate: 2 ms - 8 s Decay Rate: 6 ms - 24 s Sustain Level: 0 - peak volume Release Rate: 6 ms - 24 s
OSCILLATOR SYNCHRONIZATION
RING MODULATION
PROGRAMMABLE FILTER
Cutoff range: 30 Hz - 12 kHz
12 dB/octave Rolloff
Low pass, Bandpass,High pass, Notch outputs
Variable Resonance
MASTER VOLUME CONTRO
2 A/D POT INTERFACES
RANDOM NUMBER/MODULATION GENERATOR
EXTERNAL AUDIO INPUT

So please tune in and enjoy the music and chat in the EM chat room !!

Thanks so much !
Bill

show_aug_18.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.14 MB
 Viewed:  880 Time(s)

show_aug_18.jpg

sid_chip_music.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.61 MB
 Viewed:  878 Time(s)

sid_chip_music.jpg

Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MIDIBEAR KREW & SID TUNES...................................

You'd be insane to miss this ...

" New York New York... so good they had to name it twice" (Overkill - 1988) !!!!!!!!
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On this weeks Soldering Musician Show, the music of Aaron Funk of the prolific "Venetian Snares" will be featured playing the following musical selections:

Infolepsy EP (Glitch/Breakcore)
Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole (Glitch/Breakcore)
My Downfall [orig soundtrack] (Orchestral on Planet Mu Records)

Get ready for the eardrum assault from the the first two selections on the show. We then we take it down several notches with some of Aaron's more unusual, but interesting and delightful musical side. Playing his self titled Venetian Snares full length record featuring some of what I see as collection of experimental orchestral pieces. Very inspiring music indeed as you will agree I am sure.

The show will end with a special piece of music that I wrote this month for a MIDI BEAR and Friends concert on August 15, 2009. The piece is about 11 minutes long featuring several styles and ends in an anthem like fashion using large FAT synth pads and drums.

Aaron Funk Mini-Bio:

From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Funk is known for making electronic usic often in odd numbered time signatures (mostly 7/4). He is an
unusually prolific artist, having released records on the History of the Future, Isolate/DySLeXiC ResPonSe, Addict, Zod, Distort, Sublight, Low-Res, Planet Mu and Hymen record labels. Funk debuted on a record label in 1999 with the 12" vinyl EP, Greg Hates Car Culture. Prior to this, he self-released material on cassette tape as early as 1992.

Aaron Funk Full Length Releases:

* Eat Shit And Die (1998, split with DJ Fishead, self-release)
* Spells (1998, self-release)
* Subvert! (1998, self-release)
* Fuck Canada // Fuck America (1999, CLFST, split with Stunt Rock)
* printf("shiver in eternal darkness/n"); (2000, Isolate Records)
* Making Orange Things (2001, Planet Mu, collaboration with peedranch)
* Songs About My Cats (2001, Planet Mu)
* Doll Doll Doll (2001, Hymen Records)
* Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972–2006 (2002, Planet Mu)
* Winter in the Belly of a Snake (2002, Planet Mu)
* Find Candace (2003, Hymen Records)
* The Chocolate Wheelchair Album (2003, Planet Mu)
* Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding (2004, Planet Mu)
* Winnipeg Is a Frozen Shithole (2005, Sublight Records)
* Rossz csillag alatt született (2005, Planet Mu)
* Meathole (2005, Planet Mu)
* Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms (2006, Planet Mu)
* Hospitality (2006, Planet Mu)
* My Downfall (Original Soundtrack) (2007, Planet Mu)
* Detrimentalist (2008, Planet Mu) [9]
* Filth (2009, Planet Mu)

Aaron Funk 12″s, 7″s, EPs, and mini-releases

* Fake:Impossible (1997, self-release)
* Greg Hates Car Culture (1999, History of the Future)
* Salt (2000, Zhark International)
* 7 Sevens.med EP (2000, Low Res)
* White Label (2001, Hangars Liquides)
* Defluxion / Boarded Up Swan Entrance (2001, Planet Mu)
* Shitfuckers!!! (2001, Dyslexic Response)
* The Connected Series #2 (collaboration with Cex) (2001, Klangkrieg)
* A Giant Alien Force More Violent & Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine (2002, Hymen Records)
* Badminton (2003, Addict Records)
* Einstein-Rosen Bridge (2003, Planet Mu)
* Nymphomatriarch (2003, Hymen Records, collaboration with Hecate)
* Skelechairs (2004, Addict Records, collaboration with Doormouse)
* Moonglow / This Bitter Earth (2004, Addict Records)
* Horse and Goat (2004, Sublight Records)
* Infolepsy EP (2004, Coredump Records)
* Pink + Green (2007, Sublight Records)
* Miss Balaton (2008, Planet Mu)
* Horsey Noises (2009, Planet Mu)

References:

http://www.venetiansnares.com/
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Venetian+Snares
http://www.last.fm/music/Venetian+Snares
http://www.planet-mu.com/

Please enjoy the show !!
Your host: Bill Manganaro

Venetian Snares Promo On Soldering Musician Show.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 MB
 Viewed:  847 Time(s)

Venetian Snares Promo On Soldering Musician Show.jpg

Last edited by State Machine on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bring the Funk on!

Whoot!

Les

Page 3 of 8 [199 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: