electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
electro-music 2009 - who is attending?
Page 2 of 4 [97 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, yes, the BIG line-up here

http://event.electro-music.com/

ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll be there for the whole weekend. I expect to bring a laptop, G2, APC40, WX-5, VL-70m, and probably some more traditional instruments. It's only a 35-minute drive from my house, so I can stuff the car Smile
Wayne Higgins

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does anyone know how to put a luggage rack on a 2004 Scion XA?
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gekko wrote:
Hey, I'm new to this forum, so where is the electro music festval being held this year? Smile

Star Lake Camp in Bloomingdale, New Jersey, USA

http://event.electro-music.com/

dubathonic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First time attending the festival...looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out your music. Peace.
electri-fire

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'll be able to come, very looking forward to it.

I can't take a lot of stuff with me. Maybe a bent sk-1 and some effects. Would someone be willing to lend me a guitar for the jammings?
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

electri-fire wrote:
Yes, I'll be able to come, very looking forward to it.

I can't take a lot of stuff with me. Maybe a bent sk-1 and some effects. Would someone be willing to lend me a guitar for the jammings?

Sure, you can borrow my way-cool modified squire with the "Own Your Tone" invention that improves sound quality. It will be at the ChucK demonstration table for anyone who wants to try it out.

Les

johnbyrne@mac.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Ready, Ready Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brand spaking newbie here but I am completely jazzed about what i am reading. So, I got myself registered for the event and will be driving up from the Baltimore area. Just got to figure out if I am going to bring anything or just take it all in and learn.

jb
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome jb, I'm sure you will have a great time!

Les

laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ready, Ready Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

johnbyrne@mac.com wrote:
Brand spaking newbie here but I am completely jazzed about what i am reading. So, I got myself registered for the event and will be driving up from the Baltimore area. Just got to figure out if I am going to bring anything or just take it all in and learn.

jb

Yeah I'm a newbie too, glad I won't be the only one!! I have been learning keyboard & synths for a year & 1/2 and I'm hoping to attend the jams, but I don't know how well I'll do. If I bring a humble Yamaha keyboard or Alesis Micron I wonder if I'll get laughed at....I wonder if there will be some Amps set up there, 'cause amps are a real pain to carry around.

egw
Stream Operator

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trust me, no one cares what equipment you bring to the jams, as long as you bring a good attitude. It's not about impressing anyone, just having some fun and sharing your love of unusual music. There will be a PA system in the jam room. All you need is your instrument and cables to connect to the mixer.

The only rule is to be respectful of the other musicians. Generally that means listen to what is happening, try to play something that complements others or inspires them, and don't play too loud.

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't play too loud? I was gonna blast ChucK music through my guitar amp! I better not do that then, heh! Laura, you can borrow my guitar amp if you like.

I'm a newbie too. I'll be celebrating my second anniversary with music creation and electro-music.com, which I discovered at the same time in October of 2007. It will also be my 43rd birthday. Whoot! Three good reasons to party!

Les

electri-fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:

I'm a newbie too. I'll be celebrating my second anniversary with music creation and electro-music.com, which I discovered at the same time in October of 2007. It will also be my 43rd birthday. Whoot! Three good reasons to party!

Les

Two years of making music and already you know how to use Chuck and come up with your own guitar modifications? Impressive! I'm looking forward to try your Squire.

Loads of reasons to party. The more the merryer, I love to see/hear you all, newbies, nestors, madmen/-women and geniusses.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

electri-fire, nice nick BTW... You'll want to bring your own guitar strap cause the chainmaille one that I made for myself is like huge because I'm like huge myself. Either that or rest it on your leg, whatever. If they make a recording of your jam on it, then I would like a soft copy of it for my website if you don't mind, eh? See you at the festival.

Les

JEM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Jam Sessions
Subject description: Who's Recording?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speaking of which, is anyone going to be recording the jam sessions as a matter of course, or do the participants of each respective session have to bring their own recording gear?
Some jam sessions are so good , they HAVE to be recorded.
Everyone likes to reminisce and recapture the feel of the event in the privacy of their home. Even those who didn't participate are sometimes blown away by the recordings just as if they had heard a live stream from a scheduled band performance.
I KID YOU NOT,sometimes you can't tell the difference!!

JEM
electri-fire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Jam Sessions
Subject description: Who's Recording?

JEM I agree, the jams HAVE to be recorded. Will there be recording facilities?
I'm sure there will be several laptops and soundcards around. Some decent microphones for acoustic events would be nice.
Coming from the Netherlands I can hardly bring enough spare clothes I'm afraid. I promis to bring an ampel supply of deodorant though.
electri-fire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
electri-fire, nice nick BTW...

Thanks. For a couple of years it made first page when Googling. Now some energy drink stole my name. If I had registered or deposited it somewhere I suppose I could sue them but I didn't. Ah well, it's all for a larf...

Finding a good internet name benefits from having a slight psygnosis or a little Miss Spelling.
Also English not being my native language makes me come up with some surprising things sometimes.
Any recordings of sounds I might utter may be freely distributed. I'm quite modest but still I like to expose myself.

The "own your tone" fetched first page on Google, congrats!

Maybe after Rosemary Haskins' workshop on Internet Marketing and Promotion we could gather to call eachother names.

(moderator, should we start seperate threads?)
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this point no one has volunteered to record the jams.
JEM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Jam Sessions
Subject description: Recording

I suppose I'll have to do the honors for the Symmetry jam.

We'll be joined by State Machine and Synthetic Block,...and anyone else who's willing to stay up that late.
It's going to be a unique experience.

Since I plan to use the Micro BR for looping purposes, I'll have to resort to cassette.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Symmetry jam is technically a performance, not a jam session. It's on the upstairs stage. As such, it will be recorded and streamed like all of the other performances. Same goes for Ricochet Gathering, British Invasion, and Space Port Zero Nine. They are "collaborative sessions."

As the owner of Symmetry jam, JEM, it's up to you who will play. But I would caution against leaving it completely open to anyone, unless you like train wrecks! Best to have a reasonably limited number of musicians whose styles are compatible. And can all fit on the stage at the same time. I've seen it done sucessfully with as many as 16-20 musicians at Different Skies, but these were people who had practiced together for a week.

nobody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wayne Higgins wrote:
does anyone know how to put a luggage rack on a 2004 Scion XA?

Try putting a luggage rack on a MINI! Razz

I wish I were going and performing. Logistics make that impossible. Next year! This is an annual thing, right?

If I had to bring only 2 of my instruments, I'd bring my V-Synth and Ion (the Ion is NOT to be underestimated despite it's humble price tag). The V-Synth's time-trip pad and D-beam (Roland-ese for "Theremin-like infrared sensor) make for all kinds of interesting stuff.
billy_boogie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone who missed Spinning Plates @ EM07, killer, killer stuff. One of my fav. memories. not to be missed!
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man I'm jealous, someone please record the whole event!

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
billy_boogie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It appears as if Rinse, Repeat will have to withdrawal our bid to play the festival this year due to technological and financial constraints. Uber-bummer, but we plan on attending the Poconoskies event next year.
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I've got an economy-class luggage restriction friendly rig to bring. It will be a Macbook Pro with quite a few toys on it, a MOTU Ultralite interface, a small keyboard controller (maybe I can borrow someone's grown up controller for a bit) and I can bring cables and a stereo mic since I've got recording capability on this thing too. Hopefully someone else has a stand for the mic. Oh yeah, and the iPhone with all the stuff on that too, and the audio cable which mates nicely with the Ultralite.

So there, I'll record, where needed, or where I'm at.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Page 2 of 4 [97 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: