electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Three synthesizer recordings needed.
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Nancy Scarangella

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Three synthesizer recordings needed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello: I ask for information to have the following made for me.

I require three unique (inaudible) frequencies. These require the use of a synthesizer to record sustained digital-keyed notes of the following frequencies:
.0003 frequency (hz conversion required)
.067 frequency (1.31 hz)
.043 frequency (2.78 hz)
Oscillation .177 Set to mild pulsation

Also, what model subwoofer will have the capacity to precisely play these inaudible frequencies.

These is an experiment to rebuild bone.
I'm hoping this can be done easily.
Your expertise and response are greatly appreciated Nancy

Last edited by Nancy Scarangella on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Three synthesizer recordings needed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Nancy Scarangella

She wrote:
... These require the use of a synthesizer to record sustained digital-keyed notes ...
Why a synthesizer? A computer is much more flexible to do something like this.
If it has to be a synthesizer it has to be special build to this need, although I think you're better of with single tone-generators, because I don't see why you want to filter these sounds...
Look for commercial test oscillators or a technician who can build these.
Quote:
... .067 " (1.31 hz) ...
Confused If " means 'second' (1/60 of a minute), than .067" isn't 1.31 Hz Shocked [1 Hz = 1 cycle per second, so 67/1000 is less than 1.00 Hz, at least over here in Europe Wink]
Quote:
Also, what model subwoofer will have the capacity to precisely play these inaudible frequencies.
Every speaker you want! You'll see the .0003 (Hz?) 'tone' slowly move forward and backward, if you use a sine like wave form.
BTW if you mean a frequency of 0.0003 Hz it will take 8 hours and 20 minutes to perform just one cycle... Rather long recording Very Happy
If you'll find somebody who will write a computer algorithm to produce this sound I think the easy way is to use a pulse like wave form.

And last but not least the big question: "What do you want to do with these low frequencies?"

Wout
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Three synthesizer recordings needed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nancy Scarangella wrote:
... .067 " (1.31 hz) ...
Wout wrote:
Confused If " means 'second' (1/60 of a minute), than .067" isn't 1.31 Hz Shocked [1 Hz = 1 cycle per second, so 67/1000 is less than 1.00 Hz, at least over here in Europe Wink]
Or do you mean the recording of the 1.31 Hz has to be 0.067 seconds long, which means it will be just a fraction of the tone, to be precise 11/125 of the cycle, a kind of pulse... Confused

Wout
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm...

Maybe the NordModular G2 Demo synthesizer could help you a little.
You didn't specify the type of wave form, so the easiest is the pulse.
Using a LFO and a divider the cycle is 8 hours 23+ minutes long. Other settings aren't that precise.
Using the NM G2 Demo has some advantages:

1 it's freeware
2 it generates a digital signal
3 you don't have to record it.

Using a pulse results in a click at the start, a click at 4 hours and 12- minutes and a click at 8 hours and 23 minutes, which is the start of the new cycle. Using a sine results in no sound at all, only a slow wobbling of the cones...

Wout
(Maybe I made some mistakes, because I do this a little bit hasty: typing and making breakfest for my son Smile

8.36_hours.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.66 KB
 Viewed:  11981 Time(s)

8.36_hours.jpg

Nancy Scarangella

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Three synthesizer recordings needed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Wout Blommers for your guidance. My responses follow.

These require the use of a synthesizer to record sustained digital-keyed notes ...Why a synthesizer?
.....A synthesizer was recommended as the instrument to create these frequencies........

A computer is much more flexible to do something like this.
.....Where can I find a technician who would understand this procedure?.....

If it has to be a synthesizer it has to be special build to this need, although I think you're better of with single tone-generators, because I don't see why you want to filter these sounds.
.....As these calibrations were given by a "Master", I can only believe that the application of these frequencies to adequately move through the surface layers of skin and muscle, may require filters for clearer resonance. I will present this queston for further clarification and return.....

Look for commercial test oscillators or a technician who can build these.
Quote:
... .067 " (1.31 hz) ...
Confused If " means 'second' (1/60 of a minute), than .067" isn't 1.31 Hz Shocked [1 Hz = 1 cycle per second, so 67/1000 is less than 1.00 Hz, at least over here in Europe
.....All countries would have identical numbers I believe...This too will be reviewed....

Also, what model subwoofer will have the capacity to precisely play these inaudible frequencies.[/quote]
Every speaker you want! You'll see the .0003 (Hz?) 'tone' slowly move forward and backward, if you use a sine like wave form.
BTW if you mean a frequency of 0.0003 Hz it will take 8 hours and 20 minutes to perform just one cycle... Rather long recording
.....This also will be reviewed for clarification.....
If you'll find somebody who will write a computer algorithm to produce this sound I think the easy way is to use a pulse like wave form.

And last but not least the big question: "What do you want to do with these low frequencies?
.....To rebuild bone.....
Until the next time, Thank you. Nancy
Nancy Scarangella

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Three synthesizer recordings needed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Wout Blommers"]
Nancy Scarangella wrote:
... .067 " (1.31 hz) ...
Wout wrote:

Or do you mean the recording of the 1.31 Hz has to be 0.067 seconds long, which means it will be just a fraction of the tone, to be precise 11/125 of the cycle, a kind of pulse... Confused

.....Yes. This combination was given as a conversion from (.067) frequency, converted to (1.31) Hz. for precision and is...a kind of pulse....
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using Sony SoundForge, a commercial sound generating program within a normal budget, the 0.067 second of 1.31 Hz delivers the following...

Picture 1: The settings in the program.
Picture 2: The visualisation of the sound, just a part of the sine wave...
Audio file (wav): 0.067 second of 1.31 Hz.

Wout

SoundForge_Settings.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.16 KB
 Viewed:  11923 Time(s)

SoundForge_Settings.jpg

0,067_1,31Hz_view.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.08 KB
 Viewed:  340 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

0,067_1,31Hz_view.jpg

0,067_1,31Hz.wav
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  0,067_1,31Hz.wav
 Filesize:  11.65 KB
 Downloaded:  923 Time(s)

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW SoundForge is a HighTech precise program; even astronomic observations are measured it.

Wout
Nancy Scarangella

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject:  Sound Forge free download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
BTW SoundForge is a HighTech precise program; even astronomic observations are measured it.

Wout

Great !!! This week I will focus on working with Sound Forge High Techs' program and let you know what materialized.

This is soooo exciting !! THANK YOU for your wisdom! Nancy Very Happy
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does this have anything to do with : http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5520612.html ?
magman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt it, as this patent mentions ultra-high frequency.

If you think of the size of the small fractures this therapy is targeting, the wavelength would have to be small, and hence the frequency high, to cause resonance in the cavity between the bone fragments.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Magman
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought speakers had a lower frequency limit, often around 20Hz or so. Wouldn't a special transducer be required for such low frequeancies. Actually 1Hz is more the frequency of massage therapy than audio...

Les

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
Actually 1Hz is more the frequency of massage therapy than audio...

Les,
I am sure you could locate a masseur/masseuse that can sing and synchronously massage in any frequency range Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Cool Laughing
usw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to convert a number x between hz (frequency) and seconds (time), you just have to compute its inverse (1/x), so :
0.043 s = 23.255... hz
just like 0.043 hz = 23.255 s
and 0.0003 hz = 3333.333... s = 55.55... minutes, and I don't think any speaker nor human would catch this one...(or may be as a massage time-out device ?).
Wink

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
I thought speakers had a lower frequency limit, often around 20Hz or so. Wouldn't a special transducer be required for such low frequeancies. Actually 1Hz is more the frequency of massage therapy than audio...

Les

Not really, Les. A DC coupled amp will quite happily make the speakers move around in sub audio ranges. The rolloff of frequency response has more to do with the measurement method, usually. I wouldn't recommend it, but you can put a square wave through speakers via a DC coupled amp. Not for long, as you're likely to smell smoke pretty quickly, but you can watch the speakers pop in and out, and you can most likely hear the thumps.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, Paul, thanks for clearing that up, I always wondered about that. One trick I've used in the past is to remove the cone of the speaker with an x-acto knife and remove the cone frame with a Dremel tool. Then you have a transducer that can be placed directly on the skin to induce vibrations. Might work in this application.

Les

Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: