electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Why is my Master Volume so low??
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ssprod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Why is my Master Volume so low??
Subject description: can't get the volume to get any higher on Andromeda
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the volume on my Andromeda is very low...even with the master volume knob at max level. The headphone volume is also low.. so, I figure it must be some internal setting. I've done the hard reset (soft key 3 while powering up), but nothing. I tried taking out the 1/4" plugs and putting them into my Triton, and it's fine there, so it's not the cable. Any ideas??
edtumog

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Low volume Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey just posted the same question on this forum !
Have you had any luck ?
Divyx

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi folks.

You have checked where andro outputs it's sounds? Main outs or individuals? Otherwise, i had this problem too and unfortunately i had to send it to guarantee repairement. Took only around 3 weeks.

It's coming back this week from germany ( alesis own repairment service fixed it ). I hope they really fixed it. It's remains to be seen.

However, i don't have yet a full knowledge what was broken and if they didn't include explanations of what they fixed, i never know.

In any case, if the outputs are directed right, then i hope you have guarantee left in your A6.

Br, Divyx
giammy81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I am Italian and I write very little in English. I believe to have the same problem, the out outs, aux and phones they are lowered as. The direct outs (voice out) instead I believe works in way corrected. I don't have the keyboard in guarantee because I bought it used, and it has never fallen, has suddenly happened, I have not gotten off her yet. Who has made it mend he can tell me if he has known in what the problem consisted? I have not opened her yet, and I wondered me if it were repairable or there is need to change some card. You can tell more me on the technical support in Italy, Alesis have told me "Esound to Recanati" but they anchors I have not received an answer away mail.
Thanks, kindest regards
Finder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have this problem don't panic, it can be fixed easily, you will need to unsolder mute-transistors. PM me if you have this problem I will tell you what to do.
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had it on one side of the stereo only, in both aux and main outputs.
after the outputboard was replaced it was solved
The Real MC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may have a broken volume pot. I had a similar problem. The aux output bypasses this pot so you can try a quick check by assigning audio to aux outputs instead of main.

The master volume and filter cutoff pots are stereo ganged pots and unfortunately not very rugged. Try not to be rough on them.

If you are the type that likes frequent filter sweeps, use the ribbon.
tmste

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had the same problem
Your Output transistors Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4 need to br replaced
Stef
Finder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can also just take them out, I mean Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4
giammy81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!
Onyx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would this fix also apply to the left main being much lower than the right?

The headphone output has the same issue but the auxs are balanced perfectly.

At the moment I am using my firewire mixer to balance the levels but I am curious if anyone knows if these issues are related or if my audio board is shot.

Thanks,

Onyx
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had the same, output board changed solved the problem
Jaxson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hallo!I bought yesterday a used Andromeda.He have this "too low volume"problem on the Mainouts and phones....can someone tell me the way to make it work right?Do you know how to open the Andro?
Thank you in advance:-)
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there's a very good service centre in germany of alesis numark.
i would take him there ( somewhere koeln enviroment , maybe even more ..)
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that has been seen before; the mute circuitry can need to be replaced.

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
Finder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I just removed Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4 transistors on my synth and the problem was solved.
bamboo123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: andromeda low volume Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tmste wrote:
I had the same problem
Your Output transistors Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4 need to br replaced
Stef

how can i do this replacement please???
stephane
peabreu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, make sure that the volume pot at the left side of keyboard is up...seen this...happened to me after some months without touching the A6... I completely forgot about this pot at the left side of the keyboard and was just trying to control volume with the main volume (pot at the right side)... I know this is ridiculous but as I said, it happened to me....
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: