electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Online Music
drone music from mrcluck
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mrcluck

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: drone music from mrcluck Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm new to the forum. Thought I'd just start by posting some music I've created.
http://mrcluck.bandcamp.com/album/birdbone-altar
This is my latest album, released online for free download.
The sounds were all created using tape loops, a bit of amplifier feed back, circuit bent toys, and on the last track a bit of drum machine action.
I'd really appreciate any feedback on these works.
Enjoy!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome mrcluck

I'm listening a couple now while working, sounds good to me.

mrcluck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for listening. Smile
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a really beautiful album!

It evokes black and white pictures of old eastern European sci-fi movies, in fact this music begs to be in such a movie. You have a very balanced mix, everything has its place, esp the noise and crackles, also, you have managed to make the music breathe, like an organism - it's more than organic!

Well done!! I will download this as soon as I have finished listening - I don't want to break the flow!

Sonic Soul Searcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello welcome Welcome Mr Cluck,
Downloading now, but I don't have the time to listen to all of this at the moment. From the snippets I've played, I think I'm going to love it and it sounds like it'd make a great film soundtrack.

Would you mind saying what the tape loops were made from. Did you use any instruments at all?

It's very desolate and very haunting, but ultimately quite beautiful in it's simplicity.
Sonic Cool

mrcluck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonic Soul Searcher wrote:

Would you mind saying what the tape loops were made from. Did you use any instruments at all?

I'm not entirely sure where the loops came from. I have a collection of tape reels I've picked up at thrift stores, and I end up chopping and taping, then not actually labeling them. I know I've used some pieces of a Tchaikovsky concerto and also I believe a piece from a recording of gypsy campfire songs performed by 101 strings. I need to get in the habit of organizing these things for future reference. I also record sessions onto cassette tape that become part of my compositions, and am equally bad about labeling those.
The only instrumentation comes on the last two tracks, where I incorporated some circuit bent keyboards and a circuit bent Teddy Ruxpin along with tape loops.
And that's the long answer.

Thanks for all the kind words! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the sounds.
pliorius

Audio files: 146

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've listened to it today 7.30 in the morning and it was a good experience to go with whisky, tea and smoke just before the dream time. it had this feeling that i get when watching religiuosly charged movies (tarkovsky, von trier). only then i saw it was called 'altar'. good title for this works. my favs were fourth (drone doom) and third tracks. good work.
Sonic Soul Searcher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the explanation, Mr Cluck.
It sounds very fascinating and you must also have a great time getting it all together. I just hope that Tchaikovsky doesn't find out about what you're doing with his music Shocked Laughing

Keep pushing the boundaries,
Sonic Cool

mrcluck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonic Soul Searcher wrote:

It sounds very fascinating and you must also have a great time getting it all together.

Thanks, and yes, I believe music creation should always be pleasurable, and working with different processes like cutting up tape loops and modifying machines always has a therapeutic effect.

Also, just as an update, I put another album up on my site. This one was a labor of love. I wanted to make something my wife would be able to fall asleep to, and take a bit of a journey on the way. I used tape loops, found sounds, and recordings of a music box I modified by filing down some of the bumps on the cylinder.

Here's the direct link: http://mrcluck.bandcamp.com/album/for-joanna-for-sleep

and I'll attach a sample here as well.

02.42308 tape.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  02.42308 tape.mp3
 Filesize:  16.02 MB
 Downloaded:  1734 Time(s)

pliorius

Audio files: 146

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like this album as well. good job!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great music mrcluck...enjoyed this. wonderfully dark darkness Twisted Evil

thanks for sharing Smile

mrcluck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4720117&id=709478337
here's a pic of teddy.[/img]

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enjoyed your music tonight, mrcluck. Thanks for sharing it and for explaining the details about how you made it.
--Steve
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: