electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
The Soldering Musician Show Music Archives & Blog
Page 6 of 8 [199 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just heard the Wacek/Cirbuit Ben is killing music/Aide Auditive & Miosine episode yesterday and wow it's great!

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I just heard the Wacek/Cirbuit Ben is killing music/Aide Auditive & Miosine episode yesterday and wow it's great!

Hey, thanks Cool I personally liked this episode myself to since Wacek is one of my favorite chip artists.

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am sorry to announce that this weeks show is canceled due to work commitments. I will be back on February 16, 2010.

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Soldering musician is back with over two hours of music that spans acid style electro, chipper, and just plain unusual works by a wide variety of artists.

Some of the music features unusual works by "State Machine" and demo music that was prepared for the "Analog Heaven North East" synthesizer convention that's held every spring in Bolton, Massachusetts.

Please join your host Bill Manganaro this Tuesday, February 16 at 6PM EST (23:00 GMT) for a evening of electronic music.

275142789_29944b9b3c_o.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.69 KB
 Viewed:  874 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

275142789_29944b9b3c_o.jpg

-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi State Machine!

Really loved your show las night/morning! The chip tunes were amazing! Can't wait for the archive download to be posted. I want to play it to my son... he was asleep when your show was on.

Thanks!
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good show Bill! Love the close-up photo of the transistor. Keep on solderin' man...

Les

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys. I had fun and was very pleased at how many listeners there were last night. Les, I feel bad I can't catch your show LIVE as I usually am on the road coming home from work. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for all the support and for the next show, I am getting all the MIDI Bear crew fellas together for a night of some fun and good music Cool

All of us will be appearing on stage at The Pocono Skies and have to start brain storming on what we want to do for the show. We also will discuss a rehearsal schedule.

Thanks again !
Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scheduled for Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 6PM EST (23:00 GMT)

Well, no MIDI Bear Crew for Tuesday evenings show but I have a nice show , nevertheless, lined up for you.

In the true spirit of DIY electronic music, I present to you Funky40, a member of the forum here on electro-music. He was kind enough to send me 80 minutes of music featuring sounds from many of his DIY synthesizer modules on two CD's with music or "Jams" spanning from 2008 to 2009.

Also, I will be playing music by NEOREV from his "This World Without You" sessions.

Other selections to follow so please join me in another evening of fine electronic music

Bill

409820965_db064c2c0b_o.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.84 KB
 Viewed:  1010 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

409820965_db064c2c0b_o.jpg

'State Machine' Manganaro_Tue Mar 02 2010.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  'State Machine' Manganaro_Tue Mar 02 2010.mp3
 Filesize:  150.76 MB
 Downloaded:  2362 Time(s)

Last edited by State Machine on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool Bill, and nice chip photo - i like those machined sockets!

Prior to Bill's show by one hour will be Inventor's Inventions, this week featuring a beginner's Lunetta breadboarding show. See the Inventor's Inventions Show thread for details.

Les

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Cool Bill, and nice chip photo - i like those machined sockets!

Prior to Bill's show by one hour will be Inventor's Inventions, this week featuring a beginner's Lunetta breadboarding show. See the Inventor's Inventions Show thread for details.

Thanks Les, I like them to. The chips don;t back out during any vibration ... Wink If you look really close, the chip thats socketed is an AVR Tiny MCU chip. A cool little dittie !!! lol ....

Your show sounds really cool Les, I will try and catch part of it when I get home this afternoon.
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aww, missed the show. Will you post a shor recording Bill?
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My apologies for not posting the latest shows that have been broadcast. I will make my best effort to get those posted this weekend.

Thanks to all who listen and enjoy the show.

The following shows will be posted this weekend:

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
>> Sascrotch <<
>> Anamanaguchi <<
>> Mr Spastic <<
>> Bit Shifter <<
>> StarPause AKID <<
>> Cornbeast <<

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Acid style electro, chipper, and just plain unusual works by a wide variety of artists.

Some of the music features unusual works by "State Machine" and demo music that was prepared for the "Analog Heaven North East" synthesizer convention that's held every spring in Bolton, Massachusetts.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In the true spirit of DIY electronic music, I present to you Funky40, a member of the forum here on E-Music. He was kind enough to send me 80 minutes of music featuring sounds from many of his DIY synthesizer modules on two CD's with music or "Jams" spanning from 2008 to 2009.

Also, I will be playing music by NEOREV from his "This World Without You" sessions.

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry about not posting my shows. Woops. Embarassed Let me see what I can do after writing this.

NOTE : Just to let folks know, because of daylight savings time, my show will now be broadcast [GMT-4] or 7PM EDT every first and third Tuesday of each month. This will continue until October when it changes back to 6PM EDT.

I will be announcing my show contents shortly so stay "tuned" Very Happy

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a CD Realse Party at sMs Studios this Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 7 PM EST on the "Soldering Musician Show". Dave Wood at Skrog Productions has produced a new album from Epicyclus entitled "Obscuration"

The new album was recorded late 2009 after the AE autumnal equinox, using the many DIY instruments Dave has made, from his first DIY synth .. the PAIA Fatman to ASM-2 / Soundlab / WSG & my modular system.

This is a very sequencer driven album with most of the tracks starting out as a simple sequence jam, then they are built upon .

The set up Dave uses consists of my main platform of a Yamaha RM1X hardware midi sequencer. The Hardware MIDI tracks are assigned as shown below and represents the rig dave used to create the album.

Midi track 1- clock running dividers for 2x MFOS 16stp seq's , 1 KLEE & modular.
Midi track 2- cv/gate - modular
Midi track 3- cv/gate - Soundlab
Midi track 4- cv/gate - ASM-2
Midi track 5- Rm1x drums
Midi track 6- Rm1x drums
Midi track 7- Rm1x drums
Midi track 8- Rm1x drums
Midi track 9- Oberheim Matrix 6R
Midi track 10- Drum synth - 1x bass++, 2x MPS , 2x Synare, 3x DS8.
Midi track 11- Paia Fatman
Midi track 12- Roland juno 106 / Roland juno 60 (DCB)
Midi track 13- Korg X5
Midi track 14- Novation bass station keyboard
Midi track 15- Novation superbass station rack
Midi track 16- Waldorf Pulse rack

All into a 24channel desk, then into wavelab for a master stereo mix recording.

If anyone is interested in the album they can send Dave Wood a PM on electro-music forum just click on skrog productions.

Want to hear the full Obscuration record again? Well, you have to just purchase it here and help a fellow Musician out Wink Please do vist Skrog Productions :
http://www.myspace.com/skrogproductions

Please "TUNE IN" as we play this selection and find out what other surprise selections I have in store for all to feed their ears Cool

epicycle; small circle centred on perimeter of larger circle

Your Host Bill "State Machine" Manganaro

t_epicyclus__obscuration_846.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.42 KB
 Viewed:  55670 Time(s)

t_epicyclus__obscuration_846.jpg

t_skrog_studios_187.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.31 KB
 Viewed:  55670 Time(s)

t_skrog_studios_187.jpg

Last edited by State Machine on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed Gawd, look at the grubby finger prints on my wall, i'm ashamed Laughing
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Gawd, look at the grubby finger prints on my wall, i'm ashamed

At least it's not blood spatter. Laughing

Bill

PS: Had fun doing the show last evening.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great show last night Bill! Very Happy
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My show from March 2 has been uploaded for your enjoyment. Cool

April 6, 2010 at 7PM 23:00 GMT is my next scheduled show.

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The show for April 6, 2010 at 7 PM EST (23:00 GMT) will feature the following artists:

Analog X

Featuring songs from his "Hacksaw Record"
Background:

I transitioned back over to the computer for this one, and the result is a much more beat-oriented style than my normal studio electronic style. While I try to marry the two styles I generally tend to fixate on one or the other - because of the more aggressive feel of this album (plus the fact that it's entirely done on software again), I always consider this the sequel to BuzzSaw. That's also why I made the delineation on the albums of Sine or Saw (mellow or more aggressive), and why I picked a name which was similar to BuzzSaw.

http://www.analogx.com/

Neorev
http://neorevmusic.com/

Featuring music and remixes specially prepared for the show. Many thanks to Mike. He is a truly gifted individual and I love his music.

Not Breathing

Featuring:
2004 | Carrion Sounds

Tracks: 1. Melloncholie Battlecat 2. National Anthem Of Wor 3. Astral Sexual Predator 4. Worlok Radar 5. Space Between II 6. Bebe Baron's Panties 7. Hawkin Chakras 8. Aleatoric Funk 9. Polaris 10. Night Driving 11. Garmonbozia
CD.

Features Dave Wright, Brian Herman, Karl White, Chris Cones and Jack Dangers.

http://www.notbreathing.com/news.html

Please tune in and check out some of the great talents in electronic music today.

Your Host
Bill Manganaro
"The Soldering Musician Show"

electromix_vol1_cd_label.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  538.23 KB
 Viewed:  55417 Time(s)

electromix_vol1_cd_label.jpg

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DUE TO PREPARATIONS FOR ANALOG HEAVEN NORTH EAST, AND PAINTING MY KITCHEN, THE SHOW FOR APRIL 20 WILL BE CANCELLED.

OH WHAT BUSY LIVES WE LEAD SOMETIMES Rolling Eyes

THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORT MY SHOW EACH INSTALLMENT.

BILL
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:

OH WHAT BUSY LIVES WE LEAD SOMETIMES Rolling Eyes

Thats why we like lead fumes. Smile

Lookin forward to the next show Bill, in the meantime there is hell a lot of material already here Smile
Good luck with painting!

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't miss this next show on Tuesday, May 4, at 7 PM EDT (23:00 GMT)

The featured artist for the evening is Kasson Crooker of the "Symbion Project". I had the pleasure of meeting Kasson at the Analog Heaven North East 2010 synthesizer convention in Lowell Mass. last weekend and Kasson was kind enough to hand me a CD release of his to play on our show this month. Pictured below is Kasson himself.

Check out his very cool web site and perhaps you would be kind enough to purchase some of his fine music.

http://symbionproject.com/

More artists from the music collective "8 bit Peoples" will be featured such as:

http://www.8bitpeoples.com/
http://pulsewavenyc.com/

The Receptors (Featured EP: USER Deluxe)
Mesu Kasumai (Featured EP: 3 Channel Metropolitan)
Linde (Featured EP: Lander)

Please Join Me !!!
Your Host
Bill Manganaro
The Soldering Musician Show

symbion_project_photo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.24 KB
 Viewed:  55157 Time(s)

symbion_project_photo.jpg

Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic music last night Bill, thanks for letting us hear some damn good electronica Cool .

Feel free to upload an edited version of the mp3 , March 16th 2010 , with a couple of tracks from the Epicyclus album (first 3 maybe ??) if you want to post that nights show again.

Thanks Bill

Dave.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Fantastic music last night Bill, thanks for letting us hear some damn good electronica Cool .

Feel free to upload an edited version of the mp3 , March 16th 2010 , with a couple of tracks from the Epicyclus album (first 3 maybe ??) if you want to post that nights show again.

Thanks Bill

Thanks Dave !! Thanks for your continued support Cool Always fun to chat also Cool

Oh Gee, your right, I forgot to post that show. OK, cool. I have a rehearsal this evening BUT will get that posted this week. I fell behind in my show posts.

Thanks again
Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Due to the lack of submissions, the "Soldering Musician Show" will no longer exist. Thanks to those who have given their support. I had fun
Page 6 of 8 [199 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: