electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Post Your KLEE Panels Designs Here
Page 14 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello , I've been trying out a few ideas for my KLEE panel on Corel draw 12 . and i think i'm settling on this layout to match the colour scheme of my diy modular system.
The main font lettering reminds me of old "sisters of mercy" 80's goth L.P's Smile .

hope to finalize vinyl sticker through the week and start panel wiring in the Xmas holidays.

KLEEE V3 dec 2009 blue black back2 sml.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  502.91 KB
 Viewed:  880 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

KLEEE  V3 dec 2009  blue  black back2 sml.JPG

Last edited by Skrog Productions on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks very cool Dave. I also noticed that you added an internal clock. Thats good and I wondered why none of us on the prototype team did not recommend this. I think it might be that the PC boards were too far along and would have meant that lots of component shifting and re-routing would have taken place as I recall now. Easy matter anyway to add. Can I recommend you label "RATE", "INT RATE" and re-label "INTR" to "INT"?

And, yes, "Sisters of Mercy", dude remember them well. I also like RED LORRY YELLOW LORRY

http://www.red-lorry-yellow-lorry.com/
Oh those memories !!

Nice
Bill
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Bill Smile , text recommendations are now implemented successfully.

"......Lucretia....my reflection....dance the ghost with me ......." Very Happy

Dave.
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice looking design... Coincidentally enough, I've been listening to "First, Last, and Always" while I solder together stuff all weekend.

Ooh, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry would be good to. Gonna pull out "Talk About the Weather" and give it a spin. Then maybe some James Ray. You guys are gonna get me on an old 80s goth rock tangent... Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is what I have come up with for mine, based on some of the others I have seen here, but rearranged for Synthesizers.com format...

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I still need to make a few minor tweaks. It barely fits into the 8-space panel... I hope I'm not forgetting anything. I'm not sure where I would put it!

I will likely burn the screen and print it this week sometime.
dnigrin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scot Solida wrote:
Nice looking design... Coincidentally enough, I've been listening to "First, Last, and Always" while I solder together stuff all weekend.

Ooh, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry would be good to. Gonna pull out "Talk About the Weather" and give it a spin. Then maybe some James Ray. You guys are gonna get me on an old 80s goth rock tangent... Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Nice designs guys - and how weird that Red Lorry Yellow Lorry came up - I was just listening to them this past week myself after not having done so for about 10 years (and I'm a longtime Sisters fan as well)....

Dan

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, Scott, nice panel. Quality layout ! Cool Musically, wow, I am in good company here. Wink I was also thumbing though my Siouxsie and the Banshees records to this past week. Among others. I have a Huge vinyl collection filled with 80 industrial/electronic and punk rock records ! Hmm, now to sample them and add some Klee sequences .... lol

Bill
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Wow, Scott, nice panel. Quality layout ! Cool Musically, wow, I am in good company here. Wink I was also thumbing though my Siouxsie and the Banshees records to this past week. Among others. I have a Huge vinyl collection filled with 80 industrial/electronic and punk rock records ! Hmm, now to sample them and add some Klee sequences .... lol

Bill

Thanks, Bill. Hopefully I can get a few hours to burn the screen and print it this week. Yeah, I love me some 80s goth rock. Play Dead, Stiff Kittens (the first group of that name), James Ray, Salvation, Altered States (the UK one), Rose of Avalanche, and of course, the progenitors: Bauhaus, Tones on Tail, Joy Division, Virgin Prunes, Alien Sex Fiend, Section 25... there were so many unusual and inspired acts back then. Good stuff.
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scot Solida wrote:
This is what I have come up with for mine, based on some of the others I have seen here, but rearranged for Synthesizers.com format...

looking good on the panel design, i, as well think i've plenty panel space when designing panels only to just get everything in with a squeeze at the end Smile .

Gonna have to dig out my old Front line assembly L.P.s & killing joke - night time L.P. (love like blood) after all this talk Very Happy
theglyph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my KLEE! Designed for the Eurorack format.

Here's a shot of the panel on my bench with the slide pots mounted on a subpanel.

A shot from behind of the subpanel.

More to come when my futurlec order arrives.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Here's my KLEE! Designed for the Eurorack format.

Wow, very nice. Really a nice layout visually and functionally. I like the offset GLIDE potentiometers also Wink Eager to see the rest of your labor Very Happy

Bill
theglyph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Bill,

This is my first DIY and it's a biggie so I put some time into it but I made a few mistakes. Oh well, It's a fun project and I can only say that E-M and the whole crew have been a big inspiration:)

I'll post more as soon as the rest of my parts arrive!

Cheers,
Aaron
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Thanks Bill,

This is my first DIY and it's a biggie so I put some time into it but I made a few mistakes. Oh well, It's a fun project and I can only say that E-M and the whole crew have been a big inspiration:)

I'll post more as soon as the rest of my parts arrive!

Cheers,
Aaron

Well, I am impressed. You have lots of courage and drive to tackle the job! Judgeing from what I see, you will do just fine. Wink Remember, mistakes make you smarter! Wink

Yes, there is a really great core group of very smart folks that have a passion for the stuff. Don;t hesitate to ask questions if you encounter any type of problems.

Chat more
Bill
theglyph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Remember, mistakes make you smarter! Wink

I received my EE degree and within a week went to work at Moog. I've since moved on and the KLEE had been a project lying in waiting which has finally come to fruition.

Funny enough through all of the calculus, physics, ect. I went through in getting my EE degree they were nothing compared to the difficulty in sourcing parts for the KLEE. Laughing
loydb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

theglyph wrote:
I received my EE degree and within a week went to work at Moog.

I'm now less impressed that this was your first project... Very Happy

Seriously, well done!
theglyph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Done and working great! party!

Time to make some noise![/img][/i]
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice build! And a nice panel too!
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful - Nice job all around!

bruce

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
theglyph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everyone! The KLEE is much more expressive than I had imagined.

A big props to all who were involved in the design including Scott and of course EM for such a great forum for us Nerds! Very Happy

Videos to come.
zthee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been working on a Buchla style Klee panel. Yet again! This time it feels better though.. (Then the previous 10 times..).

buchla-klee-take-47-färdigställd.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.13 KB
 Viewed:  1024 Time(s)

buchla-klee-take-47-färdigställd.png

wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First test for my MOTM influenced wood synth. This is 8U, will add 2U for the remaining controls. I'm not happy with the two little pots and jack for the random source, perhaps another control has to be there. Or I can use smaller knobs throughout the whole project.

20100319-kleepaneltest.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.1 KB
 Viewed:  703 Time(s)

20100319-kleepaneltest.png

The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats great woody, really clean!

personally I rather like the idea of different sized knobs!

wmonk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Bad Producer!
Ok worked somewhat more on it. I'm not happy with the clock/load parts. It's difficult to do the measurement on PC, as I always design my panels on the fly. Wink

20100320-kleepaneltest.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.71 KB
 Viewed:  697 Time(s)

20100320-kleepaneltest.png

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really enjoying these builds come to life. Nice panels guys !!!

The Klee is wonderfully popular and I just had a wave of parts kits I just sold over the last week !!

Bill

In an unrelated topic, looks like Bridechamber will be selling panels for the MPS drum module soon. Among other NEW panels
wmonk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting there! Cool
Ok, now it is time to comment on my panel. Do I miss essential mods? Do I have to group the components better? Smile

20100321-kleepaneltest.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.84 KB
 Viewed:  720 Time(s)

20100321-kleepaneltest.png

Page 14 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: