electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
New NM-G2 for $US1790 is it a good price?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
funkpatrol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: New NM-G2 for $US1790 is it a good price? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,

I'm about to purchase a brand new nord modular for 1790US$, do you think it is still a good price given that it's a discontinued model?

Thanks!
fp
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the electro-music forum!

That seems like a fairly reasonable price for a brand new G2 Keyboard.

cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: New NM-G2 for $US1790 is it a good price? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

funkpatrol wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm about to purchase a brand new nord modular for 1790US$, do you think it is still a good price given that it's a discontinued model?

Thanks!
fp

Is this expanded or not??
Is the the regular G2 or the G2X (which answers the question of it being expanded or not)?

DrLoK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! I just got one used, but in damn near mint condition w/manual shipped to me for $900. but it isn't expanded though. Yea I know they are becoming more rare everyday, but people are selling them recently and I personally wouldn't pay more than $1200 for a non expanded G2 and not more than $1700 for a G2X, but that's jut me. Wink Though if money "ain't no thang" then why not?
funkpatrol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it's the non expanded one, but it is brand new with the shop garanty. It's never been out of the box, the shop has 3 left!
Keysandslots

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A G2 keyboard with expansion board sold on eBay on April 5th for $2000.00, and a G2 engine for $1075.00. That price from the dealer seems a bit high but possibly close to reasonable.

You could always offer them $1500.00.

Randy
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

funkpatrol wrote:
No it's the non expanded one, but it is brand new with the shop garanty. It's never been out of the box, the shop has 3 left!

well, if it's non-expanded then $1750 seems a bit high to me.
When the G2 was first selling that price would be fair, but in today's market I dont think so. It all depends on how much you want it, and how willing the seller is to get rid of it.

Ask him how long it's been for sale. If he even tells you, and it's been a few months, the bargaining power is on your side.

At least you know you can buy an expansion board for it if you decide to buy the KB.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: