electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Twenty-Four Seven LIVE Concert!!! June 7-14, 2010
Page 2 of 5 [109 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
JovianPyx

Audio files: 224

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, my particular favorite is apricot...

Shane's new digit? He grew another finger?

Time flies like a banana.
Fruit flies when you're having fun.
BTW, Do these genes make my ass look fat?
corruptio optimi pessima
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Strawberry jam?

And party! for shane's new digit!

woo-hoo thanks Jan! thanks party!

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JovianPyx wrote:
Well, my particular favorite is apricot...

Shane's new digit? He grew another finger?

that would be "handy" Wink

Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to partake. Please count me IN.
jfox
Radio operator

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: em247 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
when improvising with others , its like a conversation. So, whatever you bring small or large... people will react to it accordingly as the see fit.

modulator_esp wrote:
and listen and react

JovianPyx wrote:
Ok, I got it - like any other jam.

Blue Hell wrote:
Strawberry jam?

Please note that if you listen to the stream on Port 8056 [Public Port] depending on location participants will experience differing amounts of delay/lag [my stream send/return is about 18 sec]. So you will be responding to something in the past... this is unlike any other Jam excepting of course Strawberry Jam.
nobody

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Raspberry jam with peach preserves on scones. And of course, tea. Always tea.
nobody

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: em247 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jfox wrote:
you will be responding to something in the past

Technically, one can only ever respond to something in the past. Even a face-to-face live conversation is a series of responses to words that were spoken between less than a second and several seconds in the past.

Now if you've experienced otherwise, please let us know, because it needs to be reported to OMNI - which is itself in the past. Shocked Razz Shocked Razz
Symatic Star

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes some jams will not be in real time (made from time travelling fruit) providing a fun challenge - Intrigued. Idea Idea Idea Wink wave
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Please note that if you listen to the stream on Port 8056 [Public Port] depending on location participants will experience differing amounts of delay/lag" [quote]

Yes , Chris . P . Bacon (Dave_SkrogProductions) noticed his drum kit came back around 20 seconds after his little legs were going hell for leather on the double bass pedals , buda buda buda buda.

Very Happy Smile Very Happy

Dave.
nobody

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe Shane's extra digit isn't a finger. Maybe it's a new way of getting extra-lucky. Shocked
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats Shane! 1000 is a lot Shocked
I'll join the jam, and even bring my soundlab and interface to Utrecht Smile

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys are funny... its totally digital

looking forward to what this giant experiment produces Very Happy

kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, count me in!
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I shall build a loop based non-repeating drone composition to stream whilst I'm away, then this can be dropped in or out as required
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jfox had the idea of opening a couple more public ports, such that people could sort of plug themselves in - this would save the current mixer some work maybe, what you all think about that?
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
what you all think about that?

wouldn't that be "asking for troubles"?
I am afraid you need someone controlling who streams what.
but maybe I'm wrong Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
jfox had the idea of opening a couple more public ports, such that people could sort of plug themselves in - this would save the current mixer some work maybe, what you all think about that?

Is this to save work assigning ports and passwords? That sounds like a good idea, but there will still need to be some sort of structure to ensure there are no gaps

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

that sounds like a good idea ... seems like we will have many people that will be participating.

nobody

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extra ports sounds like a good idea, but I echo the sentiment of needing someone to stay on top of things. I say we try it, though, since it's all in good fun while the damage is done.
jfox
Radio operator

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: em247 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A few thoughts...

The idea of the extra open public ports [Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4 [like channels on a mixer]] is that there is always a Mixer[person] that sits between them and Public Port [8056]. Performers can just logon to an empty Channel Port [all ports can have the same p/w]. This makes life a lot easier for the Mixer only having 4 fixed ports to mix [no fiddling around with port address and having multiple winamp/VLC crashes]. It also removes the Mixer from the debate "as to who goes next", "stream me!", "content", etc to concentrate on mixing, how people want it mixed, and the tech stuff [clipping, distortion, No stream], and filling in when no else is streaming [it will be great if people can leave streams running like Jez said for that dark empty space in the middle of the night].

john
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, sounds like something very cool here. I may drop in from time to time also.

Bill
nobody

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like John's idea.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, how do you reckon this will work? I guess people will just log in to the chat and announce that they would like to play, but what if loads of people do that at the same time, and some of them don't get to play?

Personally I was hoping to get to play for an hour or two at a time that isn't in the middle of the night where I am. Either when I get home from work in the weekdays at 19.00 GMT or so, or even earlier during the weekend.

When do you reckon people will want to play the most? Maybe we could do a poll to check?

/Stefan

nobody

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll generally be able to play between 0700 and 1200 GMT, sometimes up to a few hours later than that.

I think it could work in a variety of ways. Obviously, the chat will be grand central station for players. People could request and get specific time slots. For mixing/jamming, x number of players could agree to jam at an upcoming time and the stream op will do the mixing between the players, which would give the op the neat opportunity to himself engage in the creativity going on.
rainshadow

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to play! I am concerned about how it would work for a vocals person though. I wouldnt be able to use the stream to react because it'll be in the past...so I was thinking that maybe I should lay out some drums and maybe a little string or piano melodies to sing over? Am working on the layout today a bit to see if I can come up with something viable that lasts for about an hour. I am trying to select things that wouldnt overcome other contributions...I'm also attempting to write about a page of rambles for vocal material so that what I sing wont be monotonous and boring.

any comments/suggestions?

this is a great idea and a wonderful marathon feat imho...much love, ~deanna
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Page 2 of 5 [109 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: