electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Twenty-Four Seven LIVE Concert!!! June 7-14, 2010
Page 3 of 5 [109 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deanna,

In that situation, I'd probably listen to your own music as you send it out with your voice and go with that. You can listen to the outgoing stream as well, on lower volume if you can rig that up on your system (I can). Something like that should work for you.

Les

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is the idea for this to be:

a. multi-person jams
b. solo performance
c. anything goes
d. all of the above

rainshadow

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
Deanna,

In that situation, I'd probably listen to your own music as you send it out with your voice and go with that. You can listen to the outgoing stream as well, on lower volume if you can rig that up on your system (I can). Something like that should work for you.

Les

i was thinking that if the background music that i rigged for myself isnt wanted that i could just send my voice only and it could be mixed however you all wish...but i'd be singing to something that couldnt be heard is all...

or i could just go with the stream and be late...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jfox
Radio operator

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: em247 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jez wrote:
is the idea for this to be:

a. multi-person jams
b. solo performance
c. anything goes
d. all of the above

this looks like a [cool] plan to me...

> Rainshadow, I'm sure there will quiet times when we could run some glitchy stuff or textures for you to sing over [timing won't matter with this]. Smile

john.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with John again Laughing

7 * 24 = 168 :: here is some room for things to try

party!

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've made some open ports, those are up and running, and you all can use these to test stream .. stream test ... and when the event is there it'll be easy for the mixers to pick up those streams.

The page has :

username : public
password : public

and it is here - please bookmark ;-)

The connection details for the public ports are on that page.

I'm still working on it, so from time to time it may not be available, please try again then after a little while.

The open ports are user ports, these have a maximum of four listeners. The public port is meant for the people who do the stream mixing and maybe it's the one to listen to - this one has a maximum of 32 listeners (but that could be changed of course when it's not enough).

It seems best to stream the event on the public port, such that it won't interfere with the regular shows on the main port.

Alexander

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in, maybe beat poetry with my friend playing clarinet... I'll marinade on the idea and shape it! Great!!
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Technicalities ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, thanks for directing me to this, yes, I would like to take part, but I'm not sure how to go about the technicalities of streaming audio ? or even if I'm set-up for doing this ? Maybe someone could put me right here ? on what I need. I'm a computer based musician that plays minimalistic live improvisations.

Patchmouse.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't we have a thread about how you set up EdCast etc? I can't seem to find it...

Anyway, patchmouse, if you log into the chat room (by clicking "Chat room" at the top right on the forum), there's usually someone there who can help you set things up and check that you've got everything running ok.

/Stefan

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: em247 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jfox wrote:
A few thoughts...
The idea of the extra open public ports [Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4 [like channels on a mixer]] is that there is always a Mixer[person] that sits between them and Public Port [8056]. Performers can just logon to an empty Channel Port [all ports can have the same p/w]. This makes life a lot easier for the Mixer only having 4 fixed ports to mix [no fiddling around with port address and having multiple winamp/VLC crashes].john

Multiple public ports is a great idea to make this 24/7 event happen as smoothly as possible. I am wondering if it would also be good to have people with specific ports who are planning algorithmic or free-running sonic streams use their own ports. These could then be ongoing and available. Any performer might want to use these in a mix as a bed for their set going to the public port--mixed with their own sonic stuff.

Just a thought.

--Steve
jfox
Radio operator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a cool thought Steve..

john.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Technicalities ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Patchmouse wrote:
Hi, thanks for directing me to this, yes, I would like to take part, but I'm not sure how to go about the technicalities of streaming audio ? or even if I'm set-up for doing this ? Maybe someone could put me right here ? on what I need. I'm a computer based musician that plays minimalistic live improvisations. Patchmouse.

Antimon wrote:
Didn't we have a thread about how you set up EdCast etc? I can't seem to find it.../Stefan

Here's the website to get edcast: http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/
Here's the info I used to download and set up edcast: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=oddcast&t=13780
Here's the thread about open port streaming: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-41570.html
See also the links in Blue_Hell's post a few messages back (posted Fri May 21, 2010 5:33 pm)
You also need a way to get your music into the PC--usually a sound card.

Be sure to get the lame mp3 dll and put it in the edcast folder.
Come into chat for help setting up and testing.

Its great to see the 24/7 event attracting musicians to radio.electro-music.com!!! I am looking forward to listening as much as I can.

BTW, in edcast, there is a checkbox you can set to record what you send to the stream (mp3/wav). You are responsible for recording your own stream--just make sure you have enough diskspace to capture it!

--Steve

PS: In the oddcast instructions from mosc, he says to snd him a PM for a port and password. Don't do that step. You should be using the new open port (aka public port) channels as explained in Blue_Hell's info.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found out this weekend that my teaching license program has been moved back a week earlier to begin on June 7th. This means I will be absent from the music throughout the day. I will additionally have a butt-ton of homework each night... so it looks like I will be a spectator for the majority of this event.

However, it seems we have a number of people interested... especially some new comers... so there will be tons of music and I look forward to hearing what comes out of this. Razz

nobody

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be playing, Shane. What are you training to teach?
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that you won't be playing, Shane. What are you training to teach?

middle school science, social studies, l.a., or math. Ntl program. It's nice cause I can teach while I get my license

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad Shane ... hope we'll be able to enjoy you a bit from time to time then.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Morris, I want to go smoke a ciggie in the bathroom, may I be excused?

Razz

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
Mr. Morris, I want to go smoke a ciggie in the bathroom, may I be excused?

Razz

LES HALL!!! Shocked
It's illegal for adults or students to have tobacco or tobacco products on a school campus... You MAY be excused to go to the Office and tell the Principal what you were doing! Evil or Very Mad

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dang, this is the SECOND time I got busted for that! The first time was in 12th grade...
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
Dang, this is the SECOND time I got busted for that! The first time was in 12th grade...

LOLES

......... so you like to learn the hard way! heheheh

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm up for this, of course. This will be really fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nobody

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little tip, Les. You don't ask. You just do it. And then you run. Razz
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
A little tip, Les. You don't ask. You just do it. And then you run. Razz

Hmmm, is that your general philosophy toward life? Question

nobody

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Well, half. I just do it. I don't run. Cool
jfox
Radio operator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: em247 - Credits and Thanks. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

em247 - Credits and Thanks.

Credits and thanks in advance for the members of this forum who have aloud me to use their Patches and Applications in the forthcoming marathon radio event - em247 here on radio.electro-music.com

Teun de Lange - [java application]
- Jazzperiments Jam
http://www.jazzperiments.com/jazzperiments.html

iPassenger - [G2 patches]
- doom_tone
- Haunted_bells
- Landscapes
http://www.myspace.com/ipassengers

tim - [G2 patches]
- antarkis
- ConstipatedTroll
http://www.myspace.com/timkleinertgroup