electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
EM members Cartoon Collection
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
electri-fire

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: EM members Cartoon Collection Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of you draw cartoons right? Worth a new topic, so here it is. Please post them.
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really do traditional cartoons, but here are some quick sketches of mine.

sketch1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  552.76 KB
 Viewed:  193 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

sketch1.jpg

sketch2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  354.34 KB
 Viewed:  189 Time(s)

sketch2.jpg

noise
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

K. I gotsta do some searching as both of my note/artbooks in this room, have only electronics in them. For the moment though - this picture is from a HUGE (8 rack units high (8 x 1.75 inches high by 19" wide) panel that I had done in July 2007 or 2008. It were originally intended to be my sequencer controller 'engine'. There were a couple of bugs and it were a lot of overkill. I later moved everything back out of it, to gain the rack space back.
I still have the panel, but I've already started converting my entire modular away from wood / art panels, to purple painted aluminum panels.

This pic, included a 'nod of respect' to Ray Wilson (the garden dummy - scarecrow?) for his wonderful modules that he produces and sells PCBs for.

In the background as well, is my trademark 'sunset' that I draw all over the place. (It were also a mural at the Alberta Hospital Edmonton, that I did, in 1984.)

All find more stuff and photo / scan / post it, etc. Smile

Oh yeah - and in this panel, I'm doing my gardening, harvesting the 0's and 1's that I had planted. Laughing

Edit: Also - the bearded / hat wearing Sun and crow, are tributes of respect, to the Amish people and their dedication to their lifestyles. Smile

Edit #3: Also finally - the sinking ship, below the sun, is a tribute to myself from my past. In the 90's when I worked at an electronics wholesaler, myself and another then friend / member of my noise band Deathlehem, would draw sinking ships every month, on the calendar that hung beside us. I had to continue that tradition, even though the friendship and performing band, no longer exist.
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This panel IS still in my machine as it holds 1 of the 2 power supplies for my modular.

This panel were in dedication especially, to my adoptive dad (8 mos. age) who began my interest in electronics when he taught me how to solder in about 1972, at the age of 9. RIP dad. (1981). Always missing you. Sad
The serial #'s on the power generators in the stream, are my dad's birthdate.

Dedication also, to my former friend - John Simonton, who had founded PAiA Electronics. It were his 5 issue article in Radio Electronics in 1973, on how to build your own modular synthesizer, that started my interest in synths. RIP buddy. Sad (I'd just started guitar lessons, the year before.)
tjookum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thumb up AWESOME!

Really loving the harvest of 1's and 0's, lots of symbolism. I didn't really know what to expect but this definately isn't it Razz, surprised me again

noise
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tjookum wrote:
thumb up AWESOME!

Really loving the harvest of 1's and 0's, lots of symbolism. I didn't really know what to expect but this definately isn't it Razz, surprised me again

Haha! Metaphors! I love it! Very Happy For the moment, forgetting that I do that in cartoon as well! Very Happy (Haven't been drawing much, for the last couple of years.)

I DO have an idea for a picture / symbol for 'The Deathlehem Machine' though. An old one that I had used for my old OLD web page and band name - 'Aural Research Facilities (A.R.F. Laughing ) back in the early 1990s. I'm going to have to work on it again, as I'd like to have a symbol for the TDM. Smile

OMG! Talk about feeling stupid! Surprised Sad I wanted to comment on your works before you got here and I completely forgot! Surprised DOH!

Firstly .... DAMN. And now I can't see them whilst typing. 1 sec ...

Whoa. It just struck me ... in the later 70's an EXCELLENT cartoon magazine came out, entitiled 'Heavy Metal'. Some of the artists in it, were absolutely BRILLIANT! And their stories! Surprised Some were twisted beyond belief and others were gripping as heck! One artist (name unknown) who drew the pen only, black and white 'Tex Arcana' were a MAJOR influence on my work, with his shading style. (Crosshatch, overlaid.) I used that style for YEARS in my stuff. (Will find one pic that I still have, to scan. I still do have 'art' of mine, from as early as the age of 12.)

BOTH of your pieces IMMEDIATELY reminded me of some of the incredible European artists that had stories in that magazine! A completely different style from any North American artists / cartoonists that I had been familiar with up to that point!

The pig eating the man eating the pig! THAT's hilarious! Very Happy Very Happy And the man's face eating / being eaten, is what first tipped me off on the Euro cartoon style I'd become so familiar with in the Heavy Metal mag.

Wow! Surprised K. Now - back to replying to you, above. Wink
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here's 1 of my 500+ cartoons from my once briefly published cartoon strip 'Look On The Bright Side' - comic #045.
tjookum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dark and twisted, loving it!

edit: I think we're totally spamming this thread but I found another one:

sketch3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.5 KB
 Viewed:  191 Time(s)

sketch3.jpg

noise
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tjookum wrote:
Dark and twisted, loving it!

Haha! And that one, is from the 'polite' strip! I have 3 strips ...

Look On The Bright Side
Look On The Dark Side ( can search for one of them to post)
Look On The Erotica Side (I don't think I COULD post any of them here. Surprised )

Quote:

edit: I think we're totally spamming this thread but I found another one:

_I_ don't think so, as it just started! At least there're 2 cartoonists posting stuff! Smile Let's see what happens. Very Happy

CAPITALISM! That is freaking HILARIOUS! LaughingLaughingLaughing I thankfully, do _NOT_ shower / feed myself like THAT! Laughing OMFG! HAHAHAHhahaha. Very Happy
x_x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my girl

alove.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.3 KB
 Viewed:  191 Time(s)

alove.jpg

tjookum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice one gsanchez!

Glad someone else is posting their handywork, there must be more people here into making sketches and doodles, lets see them!

noise
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a Flickr account with some of my stuff if you folks would like to visit, it's at :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/droffset/

If you scroll down you'll see sets for 2D and 3D art.
sketch1

automaton

spiderMime

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
electri-fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did some during my last vacation, but they looked like excrements as there was way more (unreadble) text than drawing. First one, redone.

Dearest.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.81 KB
 Viewed:  202 Time(s)

Dearest.jpg

tjookum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thumb up

Good stuff guys! automaton, hahahahaha.

noise
electri-fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Lamb Stew
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lamb stew.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125 KB
 Viewed:  195 Time(s)

Lamb stew.jpg

electri-fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Bottom Drawer
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bottom Drawer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  193.34 KB
 Viewed:  192 Time(s)

Bottom Drawer.png

tjookum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahahahaha, sarcasm is the best!

I love the simplicity it works really well, great work electri-fire.

noise
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: