electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Greetings, Folks!!
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
1:11

Audio files: 109

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Greetings, Folks!!
Subject description: Introduction
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy All!!

This seems like the place to be. Looking for a place to hang my hat and call home, and meet some like-minded folks.

i've been making "experimental" musick for around 18 years, but with a decade long "break". i've been taking it back up the last year, learning the new gear, ect. as when i was originally doing all this, computers were only used for sequencing. My main tools of destruction were JD800, MS10, Mirage, Bit1, Wavestation, a Roland sampler i forget the model #, Prophecy, and various toys ran through a Quadraverb.
Nowadays, im using Live, APC40, KaossPro, and all your regular virt synths, while using the older recordings for material.( i used to dream of a day when i could have all the gear i need in a backpack...FINALLY!!)

i've had a hard time describing what i do for the longest time. The best i can describe is i make musick for aliens. When i was sent to a VERY bad mental hospital as a kid, i would spend my nights fantasizing what kinds of musick aliens would listen to, running these aural textures through my head each night.

When i got older, i learned of various experimental artists through friends, and began a search for "that sound". Thousands of dollars of albums later, i finally ran into some noise makers who were really pushing the boundries. We instantly clicked and my life was changed forever. Since noone was making what i wanted to hear, it was up to me (us) to create that sound.
For about 8 years i pressed on, trying build the vision, but the technology hadnt caught up to what i needed yet. You only got 2 hands, 2 legs and that wasnt enuff. Technology now though, all things are possible.

i cant say i've reached a proper level a representation yet, im still fresh to the tech, but the recent recordings are getting much closer to whats in the head. What i get into is thick flowing textures, soundscapes, that are presented clearly with as little compression as possible, attention paid to aural bleeding/smearing, dynamic. Tired of the sonic assaults bordering on white noise, like things clearer and electric.

My current project is called AcidTrash.

Pleasure meeting you all,

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a Live user looking for oddish sounds, I just "invested" in puremagnetik's Waveform release for Live. It's a comprehensive sampling of the Ensoniq Fizmo, with something like 1700 wave frames embedded in a handful of samples. Easy to use, and probably the only production synth created in the world that had no peer. And it's only $12.

Welcome!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to electro-music ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanx for the Welcome, GreenHell, ShaneM, and JKSS!!

JKSS, appreciate the heads up on the virt Fizmo release, definitely will add that to the library Very Happy

Shane, checked out your MySpace and watched the first vid and enjoyed it! You guys have an ear for placement, and work well together. One of your FBFriends, Steve Roach, is our towns exp. heavy weight, and had just played not too long ago.

Again, appreciate the welcome,

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

looking forward to hearing stuff from you.

Home,My Studio,and another view
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1111 wrote:

Shane, checked out your MySpace and watched the first vid and enjoyed it! You guys have an ear for placement, and work well together. One of your FBFriends, Steve Roach, is our towns exp. heavy weight, and had just played not too long ago.

Hey thanks for checking it out. Yeah Im a huge Roach fan. I wish I was going to Sound Quest next week... but cant make it this time.
Drop in the chatroom sometime. Several of us here hang out there a lot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Appreciate the invite to Chat, i will definitely make an appearance sometime!!

Shane- You nailed the loci on the head, buddy!! Wink If you change your mind about Quest, maybe you could me a holla and we can shake hands in realtime.

Edison- i'm almost finished with a new track that i could put up. im still learning about this site, and it seems there might be a way to post tracks here(?) i still need to do my research on whats all going on here.
Shocked But more importantly, WHAT is that beautiful interesting piece of gear you've next to you in your avatar!?! Shocked
nobody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the nut-house, 1111.

I look forward to hearing your stuff. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing thanx AD Laughing
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Edison- i'm almost finished with a new track that i could put up. im still learning about this site, and it seems there might be a way to post tracks here(?)

Yes, you can post your music directly to the forums as attachments, which will get them onto the radio as well (one way or the other). You can also just post links.

Quote:

i still need to do my research on whats all going on here.

Just keep reading. There's an awful lot going on here!

Quote:

But more importantly, WHAT is that beautiful interesting piece of gear you've next to you in your avatar!?!

That is my Eigenharp Alpha. Wink

Home,My Studio,and another view
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1111 wrote:
GreenHell,

Laughing

It's a bit like that in this city! Shocked Laughing

Hi 1111. welcome to electro-music.com Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
1111 wrote:
GreenHell,

Laughing

It's a bit like that in this city! Shocked Laughing

Hi 1111. welcome to electro-music.com Very Happy

I don't know... did Jan finally stop feeling blue? Razz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Green" Embarassed Blue Embarassed Maybe a Freudian slip on my end! Must say i'm a bit green with all the talent here, but thats the perfect environment to step things up and learn more.
edit:remember now, i was thinking of Misfits song, Last Caress Green Hell. And the folks i'm green about are the ones building their own synths. i went back to school planning on learning how to build, but i can't get past the Math classes to save my life. Argh.
Howdy AudioDef and V-Un-V!!

Thanx for steering me in the right direction, Rex. Simple enough, should have a track or two up in a week. It should serve as a good reference point, a Before the site and After.

Awesome freaking site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: First Upload Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm guessing this is the way to upload files.

i don't expect anyone to like this track, but this is what i like to do. i am schizophrenic so what sounds good to this brain is much different than what others like. i make this for me, but its fun sharing too.

This track is about a guy who got in trouble with the law, and had to go on the run, leaving his girl behind, and the anguish of that situation. He has noone to turn to but the ultimate void, riding into the sunset and fading from memory.

FolksHateIt.mp3
 Description:
i don't expect anyone to like this track, but this is what i like to do. i am schizophrenic so what sounds good to this brain is much different than what others like. i make this for me, but its fun sharing too.

This track is about a guy who got in troub

Download
 Filename:  FolksHateIt.mp3
 Filesize:  7.7 MB
 Downloaded:  852 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1111 wrote:
i'm guessing this is the way to upload files.

Cool

1111 wrote:
FolksHateIt.mp3

I'm sure some would, there are some very troubled minds around Laughing

Listening now ... like it sofar .. halfway trough ...

Would be handy if you'd post tracks in the online music section next time, but just that .. handy .. no laws really .. it would make it show up on the media page (with default settings).

Listened through it now, still nice, will add it to the radio playlist Cool

When you run out of disc quota here please let me know, I'll up the quota then ... erm .. would love to hear more that means Wink

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love your track to bits!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome to electro-music, F.

You don't mind if I call you F do you? Razz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, i'll post on media page next, thanks Blue!!

Muied, you can call me whatever you want, but what is F? Glad you liked it Smile
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1111 wrote:
Muied, you can call me whatever you want, but what is F? Glad you liked it Smile

It's a very nerdy joke: 1111 in binary = 15 in decimal, or F in hex.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Very Cool!! Laughing Love it!! You can certainly call me that Laughing
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if I get angry because something broke, can I exclaim "1111 THIS!"?

In Linux, the dot represents the current directory, kind of short-hand for "here" or "this". So I can represent my anger at the broken object by exclaiming "1111 .!".

I gets weird if you look at the exclamation point as the negatory in many programming languages.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, 1111 this....im gonna start using that, even though i is a math moron!! Laughing
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All it takes is using your imagination!

(That'd be another math joke) Rolling Eyes
nobody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ego is a fiction, and this is proved mathematically through i.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whawhawhaaaaw hehe The only math tomfoolery ive ever done is taking the letters and #'s on license plates and doing acrobats to turn whatever it says into 75 (band was 75 million Changs). i LOVED doing that, and i actually enjoy doing simple math. But right now, i need to find a good math teach. The current one speaks with a thick Russian accent which makes it a bit hard. Ugh.

What letter would 111 be, doing the same binary to hex?
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: