electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  mosc Back on the air tonight - Twyndyllyngs
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Big Fat NM1 Pad
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Big Fat NM1 Pad Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All,

Here's a patch that combines elements of a few of my recent NM1 patches to make a nice fat versatile pad patch.

It uses three pulse oscs, with a set of mixers and panners to achieve a variable stereo effect, then a set of stereo 12dB + 24 dB filters with variable parallel/serial routing control, which I adapted from a "Shermanish" external processor patch. I really like this filter arrangement.

Also has two LFOs, with a switch to invert LFO "A" to the filters on one side for a stereo panning effect, and a switch to select LFO "A" or LFO "B" for the 12 dB filters.

I assigned some useful parameters to the front panel, but ran out of knobs for some of the functions so you'll need the editor to change some settings. My favorite knobs are #1 (filter fc offset) & 18 (par/ser routing).

Three 'variations' attached. Enjoy!

[Note Blue Hell : I've repaired the patches, hope they work now]

versapulsepad.pch
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  versapulsepad.pch
 Filesize:  6.47 KB
 Downloaded:  226 Time(s)

versapulsepad_a.pch
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  versapulsepad_a.pch
 Filesize:  6.47 KB
 Downloaded:  212 Time(s)

versapulsepad_b.pch
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  versapulsepad_b.pch
 Filesize:  6.46 KB
 Downloaded:  235 Time(s)

Tusker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave:

My modular editor is not recognizing these files as Modular files. It does fine with some of your other files. (e.g. Syncplus) Is there a download trick? Thx,

Jerry
davep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tusker wrote:
Dave:

My modular editor is not recognizing these files as Modular files. It does fine with some of your other files. (e.g. Syncplus) Is there a download trick? Thx,

Jerry

There is some problem with NM1 patch attachments sent from this PC or service provider to the Forum. The patches get 'double spaced' and I think there is some other problem too. I think Wout & Jan know the details. If you open the patch as a text file, you may be able to see the problem. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it at this end.

In case this helps, I noticed that patches sent from here to the email list don't have this problem, only when I send them to the forum.

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about making a zip archive or somethig like that? Shocked Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 150
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The files are indeed double spaced again. This has something to to do with the differences in how various OSes treat text files. Also the files have a mix of two different newline encodings, partial DOS partial Linux.

The problem seems to be at Dave's sending computer, but things to check are :

At the server side PCH files should be marked as having mime type application/nord-modular-patch or something (probably any application sub-type will do, the purpose is to make the files known to be binary).

The person sending the patches can also make such an entry on her/his computer - the easiest way to do so is to install the NM editor on the sending PC.

On my website I've got a little program called UN (for PC only) it will fix patches like the ones present here. Ico Doornekamp used to have an online patch repair utitlity running on his zevv site, but I can't find that one anymore.

It is true that zipping up the files will solve the problem (as all system agree on treating zip files as binary files) but the nice thing of not zipping 'm up is that the files will be opened in the editor directly.

I fixed the patches and will now try to edit Dave's post to have working patches.

Jan.
davep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Another attempt... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jan,

I changed a setting on my PC. Let's see if this allows my NM1 patches to get to the Forum OK. I do have the NM1 Editor on this PC, and when I right click on a patch file it does identify it as a PCH file, but I noticed that it also said "Opens with: UNKOWN APPLICATION". So I changed it to 'Nord Modular 3.xx'. The patches have always opened properly on this PC, but I wonder if this setting was causing the problem when sending to the forum.

So here's another 'variation' of the big pulse pad I sent the other day. Same structure, just different knob settings. I love this serial/parallel filter effect. Enjoy!

VersaPulsePad c.pch
 Description:
Big fat pulse pad, 4th variation

Download
 Filename:  VersaPulsePad c.pch
 Filesize:  6.8 KB
 Downloaded:  221 Time(s)

Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could very well be that changing such a setting helps.

Unfortunately I get a refused connection message when I try to open the patch, but that's (probably) a known and worked on problem with the attachment server - testing will have to wait a bit.

I'll try to remeber to have a look tomorrow.

Jan.
Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks good now int the text editor all CRLF no double spacing, it should work.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last night (early AM in Europe) we had a server failure. That's possibly why the file wasn't accessable. Now things on the file server are working better it seems, thanks to Elektro80. Now we seem to have a little be of trouble with thte main server.

Last edited by mosc on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Last night (early AM in Europe) we had a server failure.

That's what I was refering to.

Everything is perfect now, the patch even auto-opens in the Classic editor - indicating that the mime setting on the server is Ok.

Jan.
davep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see that things are up and running again, but it looks like there is a new problem with NM1 patches. When I try to download, I get the message:

"Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied".

It's not just my NM1 patches, I got the same message with other MN1 patches I just tried to download from this subforum. And this happens on two different computers, one at home & one at the office.

I checked some G2 patches in the other subforum, and they work OK.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... That's a wacky message. I'll look into it.

--- 5 minutes pass - tic tic tic ---

I have no problem downloading or uploading .pch files. Does anyone else see this problem?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, all's perfect ovehere ....

Jan.
davep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.... an update - when I click on "download" and then select "OPEN" I get the error message, but if I select "SAVE TO" instead of "OPEN" and then open the file AFTER downloading & saving it, all is OK.

It's odd, but not a real problem IMO.

Tusker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave thats a very nice patch. Thanks for sharing. Jerry
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: