electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Not exactly a Lunetta but check this out.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
slacker

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Not exactly a Lunetta but check this out. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Though this might interest a few people here.

http://www.1bitsymphony.com/

Thanks to markeebee over a DIYstompboxes for originally posting it.
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I've seen his 1 bit music before and still think it's one of the most creative albums out there. It must have been a painstaking process to assemble but I think he's done a great job at showing the simplicity of his design.
noise
Ajax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing stuff.
stolenfat

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i remember this from a long time ago, great idea. i could never figure out how he could put all that crispy programmed sound onto 1 tiny chip.

Last edited by stolenfat on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
pixelform

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tristan is a friend of mine, and his work with 1-bit using MCUs has inspired me to work with CMOS to build 1-bit synthesis systems, instruments to generate compositions in realtime. Ceci Moss from Rhizome recently posted a write up on my work:

http://rhizome.org/editorial/2011/feb/3/homebrew-electronics-studio-visit-phillip-stearns/

There's a video of my 3 voice 1-bit synth. It's a CMOS based synth engine I developed independently. The schematics aren't available but the basic principle is that one oscillator sing the 40106/4584 drives the whole system. It's fed into a 4040. The top 8 octaves are input into a 4051, a secondary 4040 receives it's clock from the first (patchable), and its outputs are patchable to the selection lines of the 4051. The output of the first 4051 is used to clock a 4018 divide by n counter which is wired to a 4081 and 4051 to select between different feedback paths (or different subharmonics). The 4051 receives its control data from a 3rd 4040 which receives its clock from somewhere up stream. This is the basic formula for each of the three voices. The whole system is patchable and can be wired for crazy feedback. A composition made using this synth can be heard here:

http://soundcloud.com/phillipstearns/keep-counting
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tjookum wrote:
I think I've seen his 1 bit music before and still think it's one of the most creative albums out there. It must have been a painstaking process to assemble but I think he's done a great job at showing the simplicity of his design.

You said it man, so many times in my engineering career I worked hard to produce a minimal design only to be insulted by peers for working on something so simple. It seems the average in-the-box thinker wants to add complexity for no good reason. I feel that it is far more difficult and rewarding to accomplish minimization of a system.

Les

droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love to see so much done with minimal complexity. Of course, the complexity is there but mostly comes from the thought and planning done by the designer.

Pixelform, your work sounds great, I like the harmonies you're getting there.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
Lorenzo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A friend of mine link me just now a Tristan Perich video!!!! AWESOME!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: