electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
The Atari Jazz Console V2 video #3 is up ...
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: The Atari Jazz Console V2 video #3 is up ... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that the 2nd voice is working, with everything in it's new panel, I shot another video, giving more of an idea of the 3 voices working with the 3 modulators.
This video were recorded with a 3 to 5 second long reverb as well to add some 'air' to the recording.
None of the other modules have been hooked up yet. As I get more of them done, the power in this thing will increase hugely.
I hope you enjoy this video as well. The sonic possibilities in this machine are growing, step by step. Smile

slugger

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome stuff.
Ajax

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome stuff. Is this going into your overall modular project I see to the side, or as a standalone?
monokinetic

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rich, at this rate you are going to need your own TV channel Very Happy

Good work on this, your 4023 modulated oscillator (found here on the forum) is one of my favourite CMOS circuits so far. Looking forward to what the panel can do with the rest of the stuff hooked up....

David
adambee7

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="monokinetic"]Rich, at this rate you are going to need your own TV channel Very Happy

I agree. Any chance of a schematic when your finished. Its because of you i'm building a lunetta. Very Happy Very Happy
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ajax wrote:
Awesome stuff. Is this going into your overall modular project I see to the side, or as a standalone?

TY Ajax! Very Happy

The original plan were, to make a small portable Atari Jazz Console unit, that were only 3 x 4023 oscillators with modulators for them - and then a full blown version with the same 4023 + modulator 'engine' to be named The Deathlehem Droning Dimentia. But ... it's looking more and more like this one IS becoming the full blown version, as I keep coming up with more things to add to it! Laughing (It's all being full documented at my forum. It's addy in my .sig.)

Though this one is mounted in a full 15"x9" single sided copper PCB that I have, it still will run on a pair of 9V batteries, without troubles. (The 2 x portamento sections are only portion requiring the negative voltage. Why I designed it that way, I'm not sure - as it could be done from a +V only.)

monokinetic wrote:
Rich, at this rate you are going to need your own TV channel :Very Happy:

!! Laughing I couldn't help it. With all of my excitement in getting something new completed in the machine, I had to shoot a video of it. (I completed the Portamentos last night, but a different bug in each, prevented completion for the moment. Sad Hopefully, it'll be solved tonight, along with completion of the 3 x VC'd SPDT switches.)

Quote:

Good work on this, your 4023 modulated oscillator (found here on the forum) is one of my favourite CMOS circuits so far. Looking forward to what the panel can do with the rest of the stuff hooked up....

David

THAT is excellent to read! You, must be the first chap that had built one of your own, shortly after I'd posted bits on it, early last year. Smile Much happy to read your happiness with it. Very Happy

It's working wonderfully so far!

2 more portions / functions to complete, and the panel as it currently exists in my design, will be complete though, not compleTED. There's panel room still for another function or 2. Wink

1 thing that I'm missing though is pitch modulation in the sense of a standard VCO. (Such as triangle or sine wave modulation.) I've got to come up with a way, to do that. (An idea just popped into my head. I'll go babble it out in a message in the development area for this machine, on my forum.)

adambee7 wrote:
I agree. Any chance of a schematic when your finished. Its because of you i'm building a lunetta. :Very Happy: :Very Happy:

Aye. The schematic is in the Development section at my forum, but I'll post it here, as well. Uno momento ...
Because of ME you're building a Lunetta? Surprised No no no no. I can't take the blame! I don't want your girlfriend / wife / family chasing ME down with a blazing 100w soldering iron! Surprised Laughing I have to run off from my own, often enough, when I've got the thing cranked! Laughing
Ajax

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LSP = Banana plug?
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ajax wrote:
LSP = Banana plug?

Oh gawd - duh on my part. I should have properly labelled those. Sad The LSP is their label for ... whatever. Surprised

Aye. Those connections at the XORs (in my case) go to banana jacks. Smile Sorry about that. Surprised

Video 4 is up as well. I didn't know if I should post, yet ANOTHER one to here, especially so soon. Surprised
Top Top

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rykhaard wrote:

Video 4 is up as well. I didn't know if I should post, yet ANOTHER one to here, especially so soon. Surprised

Post it. This forum needs activity!
1_over_f_noise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject:  Introducing myself and Atari Jazz console Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Rykhaard,

and to all of you guys of Electromusic.com!

Please let introduce myself: I'm an Italian composer that is working into the electronic music field by (more or less) thirty-five years, and so I was delighted when I discovered your site!
Here, I had the privilege to appreciate amazingly clever debates, and so many awesome circuits and ideas that I was totally stunned!
I was building a modular Lunetta mainly based on Rykhaard schematics, so I need of a lot of suggestions, but lately I noticed that the debate is poor.
What is going on?

Best regards

P.S. : I give you my apologies due to my horrible English Embarassed
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi 1_over_f_noise -
We're still here Smile Just busy building and such.
Ask any questions you have - I'm sure you'll get answers....

Thanks for posting! Do you have any clips or vids to share?

bruce

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
1_over_f_noise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there...

Nice to hear from you that everything is OK! Very Happy
As soon as possible I'll post a small video concerning the building of my Lunetta system, hoping that every component does what it has to do... Laughing

Best regards

1/fnoise
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: