electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Unfinished Bubble Error anyone?
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
retired_1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Unfinished Bubble Error anyone? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All,

Whilst loading patches into my NM Classic I get the stangest error.

Something to do with "Unfinished Bubbles"?!

Even though unfinished bubbles do sound quite nice, I am left wondering whats going on...

Does this have any meaning or have Clavia left some silly developers comments in the classic editor...? Smile

Im not at home right now to replicate this error but basically it happens when trying to load patches into the NM.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Ben

<edit>

To prove that im not completly mad! I have replicated the error. After a time the editor loses contact with the synth.

On reconnection within the MIDI setup this error occurs -- see attachment.

Possibly I have a leak in my MIDI cable? I Think that parts of the bubbles are leaking out before they get to the synth therefore causing this error... Very Happy

Will contact Clavia on this some point soon... this has me really curious now!

</edit>

unfinishedBubbleError.jpg
 Description:
Parts of the bubbles are going missing somewhere...
 Filesize:  35.5 KB
 Viewed:  5804 Time(s)

unfinishedBubbleError.jpg

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mysterious!

One thing that makes me wonder is the double dot behind the word "error". Clearly the last dot is used to end the sentence but that must mean the first dot is there to indicate "error" is a abreviation for something. the full phrase must be something along the lines of "unfinnished bubble erroratiousness." which must´ve been abreviated to "unfinnished bubble error.." by some lazy programmer who didn´t want to type too much.

No doubt all will become clear once we figure out what the full word was.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know, I use dots sometimes to indicate that an error is very odd and really should not have occured in the face of a user.

My wild guess is that it's a flash related error in the synth ..

Only Clavia can tell.

Maybe try to downgrade the synth OS and then upgrade it again to 3.03. This will probably rearrange all data in the flash.

Jan.
retired_1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I do something similar with alerts / validation messages but usually put something completly random like unfinished bubbles.

On the second attempt to dump an earlier OS into the modular. First time failed so fingers crossed for this one!

Also have contacted Clavia on the meaning and hopefully a possible solution to this error.

I cant help thinking that this losing conectivity with the editor and related weirdness happend when I tried to store the currently loaded patches as start up patches. But the current error is very new!

Ill post the findings when they arrive in my inbox.

Thanks for the help Guys!
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Unfinished Bubble Error anyone? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ben Gazzard wrote:
Hi All,

Whilst loading patches into my NM Classic I get the stangest error.
Something to do with "Unfinished Bubbles"?!

Even though unfinished bubbles do sound quite nice, I am left wondering whats going on...
Possibly I have a leak in my MIDI cable? I Think that parts of the bubbles are leaking out before they get to the synth therefore causing this error... Very Happy

</edit>

Hmm. I've never seen this one. Apparently, my NM1 politely finishes all of it's bubbles. Sorry to hear that your synth is being so wasteful with the bubbles.

poison

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem here under WinXP. I've tried to reinstall the OS but it didn't help. I run the editor in Win98 Compatibly mode. The midi interface is a Delta 1010. The problem occurs randomly on patch load. Sometimes the patch loads, then i got a connection loss. If I restart the editor i got this message and the synth stops playing.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: