electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
droscanoo
Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mother misty

Audio files: 82
G2 patch files: 130

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: droscanoo Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This noodle consists of 4 slots
Sounds are generated in slot A, B & C but all routed to slot D.
in slot D you can control
* variations for slot A, B, & C
* Filter & Peak EQ for slot A, B & C
* A master section with filter, eq, delay efx's & 2 phase filters which controls the whole performance.

This one is good for scapes, drones and other ambient stuff...

Check the first 5 variations in slot D for some performance examples
(dunno if this will work on an unexpanded G2)

enjoy!

droscanoo.prf2
 Description:
drone / scape noodle performance.

Download
 Filename:  droscanoo.prf2
 Filesize:  15.26 KB
 Downloaded:  1601 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool, Mother Misty.

I like this concept of using one slot as a control center for the entire performance. It makes the noodle performable. To me, performable noodles are where it's at.

Last edited by mosc on Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like that aspect of your performances, too, mother. i'm with mosc on this. even if the noodle is simple, i really enjoy interactivity. been working on this in my own patches, as well. i like the way rob, for example, uses colors, name bars, and module placement to designate overall control parameters, too.
mother misty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.

This patch was more of an experiment based around slot D. Slot A, B, & C were quickly patched for testing purposes Smile
I thought it would be nice to have a performance with all slots routed to 1 "masterslot" where you could control variations, volume, filter, eq's, for each slot and a final 'mastersection' (filter, eq, comp, del, rev) which would control the whole performance.

As a G2 keyboard user I still spend lots of time behind the monitor in the editor and not that much on the G2 itself.
(a bit weird, since I love tweaking hardware and this must be the most tweakable synth I've ever had)
This is just another attempt to change that, to make things a bit more controlable, logical & easier, at least for me Smile

Sometimes I forget how much fun tweaking this red monster can be without using the mouse!
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one Misty Cool
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All Performnaces are not download able at my computer. They open as txt-file and make the ditor crash. Any idea's?

Wout
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All performances, or only this one? Is it your OS? otherwise you can go to your map opties and make sure that the perf extension opens with the editor os you use.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
All Performnaces are not download able at my computer. They open as txt-file and make the ditor crash. Any idea's?

Wout

I ran a few tests.

At this computer, at work, using Mozilla I do have a similar same problem - I have editor 1.24 instqlled here. The performance opens as text in the current browser window.

At home, with a later version of Mozilla and a later version of the editor I don't have this problem (I think ... I'm pretty sure ... I'll check later).

Using internet explorer at work works OK..

Also from Mozilla at work I can right click and use "save link as" or something alike to save the patch to disk. It will then open withoutout problems in the 1.24 editor. Using this procedure you'll at some stage have to manually change the name from "download.php" into something like "perf_name.prf2" - which is a bit of a pita.

I also tried to manually add an appropriate mime type to the Mozilla settings, but that makes no difference at all.

So .. I guess .. that when you are using Mozilla you maybe try to upgrade to a more recent version. But ... it might be that Howard or Stein forgot to list prf2 files as being binary in the Apache settings ....

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, what kind of mimetype should these files be.

BTW, this file works with FireFox on my computer. When you load the G2 editor it should register these filetypes for use with the editor. A correctly configured browser should check for the default registered application, shouldn't it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once home again using Mozilla everything indeed works as it should.

Meanwhile, listening to some beautifull variations of the patch that started all this and that I had completely overlooked before (foolish me), I communicated a little with Howard elswhere and he is going to try something.

Hope it works.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jan sent me some mime-type entries to try. We might need to put these on both of our servers - the main one and the file server. I'm not sure. I just put them up on the main server. If those that are having problems with the download would be kind enough to try again I would appreciate it. It will help us find out which server is controlling what the clients are seeing in the mime-types.
thanks

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I re-checked at work. The prf2 files still open as text here.

Jan.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh!!!!!????

Ehh.. let me look into this tonight. I did make the changes... but..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meanwhile I installed the G2 demo software here and the public beta as well, and now prf's do open ... sigh ...

Jan.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, forget that last post, it still don't work. Tried a pch instead of a prf ... and that does work (as it did before already)

Jan.
Sander_k

G2 patch files: 16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool performance... i'm still trying to figure out what everything does.. it's hard to figure out others patches

About that txt-file problem, my G2 sometimes pops into an error when opening prf2 or pch2 files... only happened with Roland Kuit's patches (no offence Wink )
monokit

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful soundscape, can't stop listening.

Nice idea of having one slot be in control of it all.

But I understand the G2 also has a set of global param pages, that can control parameters from any of the slots. Wouldn't that help when the performance was not designed with a control slot in mind?
mother misty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can assign any parameter of one of the 4 slots to the global page,
but I don't think there's another way to have performance variations than this one...
monokit

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I understand now. You use the slot D variations to store slot A/B/C variation combos. Nice...
Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Jump to: