electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Samples from CGS builds
Page 2 of 3 [52 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
grantb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

andrewF wrote:
Infinite Melody

CGS Infinite melody demo (3.03Mb 3:03)
CGS 1/f melody, clocks and CV from CGS dual LFO, output to CGS VCO, VCO tri out to CGS Wave Multiplier, then thru spring reverb purloined from a dead organ (well, it was dead once I had finished with it).

That link is dead now (?) so I'm going to post the video. Because it rules.

ach_gott

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="grantb"]
andrewF wrote:
Infinite Melody

That link is dead now (?) so I'm going to post the video. Because it rules.

That is the bee's knees Exclamation
andrewF

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CGS V8 simulator
this REALLY makes the windows rattle, wear headphones or use a good loud amp Very Happy
1st part the speed is controlled by a slow LFO, then Blacet event arranger (the bit where it doesn't sound like a V8 ) the remainder is controlled by a CGS sequential switch acting as a regular sequencer.

except for 'fade in& out' , there was no processing/reverb/editing/other bs added, just one take. V8 ->mixer -> PC

v8.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  v8.mp3
 Filesize:  3.69 MB
 Downloaded:  1817 Time(s)

kindredlost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CGS01 Sub Oscillator/Harmonic Sequencer in triplicate (that's three for anyone with only two thumbs).

This experiment is sort of a demo of the new builds. I need to seriously try to hone the skills on these modules a bit and pare down the length of time. Never-the-less it is a fun demonstration of what these modules can do when run in the harmonic sequencer mode using three lfo pairs (that's six for anyone with just one hand) as sources for the inputs on the CGS01's.

Enjoy (for those with ears)

http://vimeo.com/29205740

Under Sea from David R Ryle on Vimeo.

andrewF

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very beautiful! great use of the sub-osc
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love that CGS 01 tune! I don't think it's too long. You can't make a musical statement like that in 3 minutes. I never got bored and thought there was a very organic, logical flow/progression to the piece. thumb up
Abby Normal

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: CGS30 Bandpass Filters
Subject description: MP3 and two module pics
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi - I just finished building my set of 3 CGS30 bandpass filters, and thought I'd share.

Here are two pics and a sound clip:

CGS30 PCBs.jpg
 Description:
BPF30 PCB view
 Filesize:  95.26 KB
 Viewed:  966 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

CGS30 PCBs.jpg

Panel.jpg
 Description:
BPF30, 5U Panel
 Filesize:  81.55 KB
 Viewed:  884 Time(s)

Panel.jpg

CGS BPF30.wav
 Description:
CGS30 BPF audio demo (yes, it's a bit out there!)

Download
 Filename:  CGS BPF30.wav
 Filesize:  4.93 MB
 Downloaded:  1377 Time(s)

andrewF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good stuff - very vocal, kinda sounds like my friend's staffy when he tries to talk
Abby Normal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Andrew - I'm happy with the sound of the module, but I noticed that the mix output is very low in amplitude compared to the indivdual outs. I think I might have to change the feedback resistor on the mixer board.
otherunicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks and sounds great Smile
Abby Normal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Ken. I just got through building the Bi-N-Tic PCB that I had in my queue forever. MAN! This thing is INCREDIBLE! I wish I hadn't waited so long to build it.

I uploaded a sound sample Very Happy :

http://soundcloud.com/goom/stars

Thanks for designing this wonderful module. I can envision using it in many patches to come.
otherunicorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad for a "filter" is it?

Ken

Abby Normal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Kidding! Very Happy

I uploaded some pics. Sorry, I'm still a bit excited...

Thanks again to Ken, and also to Bridechamber/Scott for the nice panel. Kudos!

Bi-N-Tic Front.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.94 KB
 Viewed:  641 Time(s)

Bi-N-Tic Front.jpg

Bi-N-Tic Rear.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.13 KB
 Viewed:  648 Time(s)

Bi-N-Tic Rear.jpg

otherunicorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very tidy!
Abby Normal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile
bridechamber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice work! The samples are great too!
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone have audio samples of the Serge 10-channel Comb Filter?

I'm also worndering if there'd be any inherent problem with taking individual outs from each frequency band?

It seems like a natural thing to want to do-- plus I've had this idea-- sort of inspired by the Moog Murf and the Buchla 296 Spectral Processor. I was thinking about sending each of 10 frequency bands to 10 inputs of a Patch/Switch Matrix, with each of 10 Matrix outputs sent to the inputs a 10-stage Sequential Switch so that Seq Switch Output rotates between the 10 different filter-band mixes. Doesn't that sound like a great idea? Not like it's my idea or anything-- it's esentially just a much more expensive implementation of a Murf. But, I'd really like to build it.
otherunicorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ericcoleridge wrote:
Does anyone have audio samples of the Serge 10-channel Comb Filter?

I'm also worndering if there'd be any inherent problem with taking individual outs from each frequency band?

It seems like a natural thing to want to do-- plus I've had this idea-- sort of inspired by the Moog Murf and the Buchla 296 Spectral Processor. I was thinking about sending each of 10 frequency bands to 10 inputs of a Patch/Switch Matrix, with each of 10 Matrix outputs sent to the inputs a 10-stage Sequential Switch so that Seq Switch Output rotates between the 10 different filter-band mixes. Doesn't that sound like a great idea? Not like it's my idea or anything-- it's esentially just a much more expensive implementation of a Murf. But, I'd really like to build it.

If you made individual outputs, you would need to add buffers to each of them. The same design of single op-amp buffer used on each of the comb outputs would do, with each of their non-inverting inputs connected directly to the outputs of each op-amp in the filter section.

No, I've not tried it.

ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Quote:

If you made individual outputs, you would need to add buffers to each of them. The same design of single op-amp buffer used on each of the comb outputs would do, with each of their non-inverting inputs connected directly to the outputs of each op-amp in the filter section.

I want to ask more about these buffers, but I moved the question out of this Samples topic, to another topic specifically on the Resonant Equalizer
cleaninglady

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a bunch of stuff from my Best Of CGS Panel #3 and SWAMP.

In the near future , i'll have some samples of the MARSH and BOG.

The boards are stuffed ; just waiting on panels.

http://soundcloud.com/cleaninglady
Argitoth

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about some samples of CGS digital noise? I'm wondering why it might be useful.

the links here no longer work: http://electro-music.com/forum/post-189430.html Sad
Abby Normal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Synthacon - Finally built! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I completed another CGS module from my long-term backlog. It's a Synthacon filter PCB I bought around 8 years ago.

Below are some pics. Here's a link to a track I recorded using this filter exclusively (ie. no other filters, but I did use other modules Smile). The only effects are some delay from my DAW, and reverb effects from a Neural Agonizer.

http://soundcloud.com/goom/journey-through-nothing

The front panel is a Stooge panel (RIP Larry Hendry). It has reversible attenuators for High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass and the FM 1 input. I built a reversible input attenuator circuit to account for these front panel functions. There is also a Wet/Dry All Pass Input mix control.

Anyway, nice filter, Ken!

PCBs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.67 KB
 Viewed:  587 Time(s)

PCBs.jpg

Panel.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.38 KB
 Viewed:  617 Time(s)

Panel.jpg

Argitoth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

using CGS116 VC-ADSR as a chaotic signal generator: http://soundcloud.com/elanhickler/cgs116-can-your-envelope-do

will have to make a demo of actually using it as a fully-featured ADSR when I can.
dave_3283

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Argitoth- that sample was replusive sounding. I really like it.
Argitoth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just updated the above sample. Now the first section is the same, the second section mixes the envleope and the oscillator driving the envelope to show how it's frequency dividing and waveshaping.
Page 2 of 3 [52 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Jump to: