electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
RESAMPLE
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: RESAMPLE
Subject description: The Audiodef Old Tape Resample Album
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have this collection of recordings digitized from cassette. The original plan was to create an album or two of the best stuff from this collection, but now I'm thinking about something along the lines of the annual field recordings project that Jao runs.

So let's do it. Same rules: splice, cut, dice and chop as you please, but all material must come from this collection.

We need a deadline so I can put it together and release it as a CC net album. What seems reasonable? Is six months too long? Is three months too short?

MagneticWind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in.
audiodef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

And oh, please submit all projects to audiodef11@gmail.com in FLAC format. Wink

1:11

Audio files: 109

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmmm.
i'd be interested in throwing some of your stuff through the Trash Compactor and Recycling it to see what happens, if you know what i mean....

Can you send a reminder in a few weeks if i don't mention it to you?
(i need to do an overhaul and create a system to sort my samples first)

etc.
audiodef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1:11 wrote:
Hmmmm.
i'd be interested in throwing some of your stuff through the Trash Compactor and Recycling it to see what happens, if you know what i mean....

Can you send a reminder in a few weeks if i don't mention it to you?
(i need to do an overhaul and create a system to sort my samples first)

I'd love to hear the result of that. Smile

I'm sure I'll be posting updates and reminders, especially if more people are interested. I'd like to have anywhere from 10 to 20 compositions in this album.

bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi damien,
any chance of zipping all the files up so we dont have to download aeach one seperately? (lazy)

Edit :
ohhhhhh some of those are looong Very Happy, still a zip would be nice although possibly not very practical now that ive seen the file sizes :p

audiodef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, sure, I wouldn't mind creating a zip file. I'll just do it and post a link here. Smile

EDIT: This will be a big file, FYI. I'm zipping the FLAC files for max quality and those don't deflate at all.

EDIT EDIT: 3 GB file... you still want that?

bubzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you are willing to post it.. then sure Wink
audiodef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, here it is!

http://www.archive.org/download/OldTapeFromAudiodefsPast/oldtape.zip

Or go to http://www.archive.org/details/OldTapeFromAudiodefsPast and download the zip file.

Funny, Archive.org claims Firefox can't handle uploads greater than 2GB, but simple little xxxterm did just fine.

bubzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got it! thanks Razz
audiodef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have fun!
MagneticWind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FLAC? ooops. Sorry Damien. I don't render in FLAC. I let Bandcamp bother with that. I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhhh....
Don't think my DAW can work with FLACs Sad

etc.
audiodef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MagneticWind wrote:
FLAC? ooops. Sorry Damien. I don't render in FLAC. I let Bandcamp bother with that. I'm out.

.wav is also good. It just needs to be an uncompressed format. I'll convert it to FLAC myself. Smile

audiodef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm making .wav files officially OK. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Word Smile
etc.
audiodef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

The format doesn't really matter as long as it's lossless. I shouldn't have said "FLAC only" to begin with.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool...yeah, kinda confusing...i was thinking you meant the files are all FLAC, which would be a problem.

i started to d/l the zip, but after 2 hours, was like...ok...too large (don't even have enough room for all our stuff!!).
So i'll have to go through the individual tracks and select what to work with later...

UNLESS..........

Since you're familiar with what we do, maybe you could just suggest some selections to for us (AT) to work with?
Like....which are YOUR favorites?

etc.
audiodef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I wouldn't think there would be any problem importing FLAC into any given program, but there are the ogg files. I could create another zip for the ogg files, which would be considerably smaller.

I do have favorites, but I'm hesitant to mention them out of a fear of interfering with anyone's natural creative processes, which is the crux of this whole thing. Besides, when it comes to resampling, it's all good. Smile

audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the flip-flopping, but because I have a lot on my plate, I'm going to have to stick with my original request that all submissions be in FLAC format.

This is no different from the No Musics project, so it should be easy for everyone here. Smile

audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MagneticWind wrote:

It's the same requirement as the No Musics project... Wink

audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need to put a cap on this. I thought of leaving it open until x compositions are done, but I need to keep my work moving ahead. So...

Unless someone says "but wait!" I'm going to make 1 May 2012 the deadline.

Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: