electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Weekend of Weirdness
Page 2 of 2 [50 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JJ, great stuff. A fun thread and your Lunetta has a very distinctive sound.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks very much chaps Very Happy I am honoured by your compliments oh great and powerful mosc Wink

I have been working on the box today, my hands hurt from bashing the metal Crying or Very sad I have used all recycled parts, the metal is from an old broken DVD player and I found the wood in skips.

P.S. This thing is getting a metal and wooden case (just like my other devices).
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will it have a steampunk look to it? (judging by your avatar, yes?)

Les

JingleJoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really, It's just going to look industrial and old. Wood and metal, but nothing really victorian about it.
but keep those eyes peeled (eeeew peeled eyes, gross!) I will make one of them steampunk eventually Wink

I'm still working on this device, I lacked some parts but I might be able to get some. However it may have to wait untill after christmas. Bah humbug.
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
garcho

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bravo! Nice phaser-y sounds. Lunetta death pipes from outer space.
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

garcho wrote:
Bravo! Nice phaser-y sounds.

The phasery sounds come form the LFO controlled PWM Smile
garcho wrote:
Lunetta death pipes from outer space.

That is it's new name now thankyou very much Very Happy

Less cryptic and more descriptive videos/photos coming soon! Watch this space!

P.S. eternal salivation could be yours for just £1, act now or don't, the choice isn't yours!

garcho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad I could contribute! And they're waaay more musical than death pipes from inner space. Gross! puker
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Inner space?
It's a bit like lunetta, in that one day my synth will look kind of like the controls of that machine Very Happy

JingleJoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The case is entirely scavenged or second hand parts, old dials from radiogams and old televisions, wood from who knows where and metal from a broken dvd player Very Happy

P.S. the power connector is two bolts Smile

garcho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bravo! It looks like the controls for Mad Max's Lunetta.
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

garcho wrote:
Bravo! It looks like the controls for Mad Max's Lunetta.

I could kiss you! Laughing Not only is mad max 3 one of my favorite films but it is definately an influence on the things I build.

tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks great! I especially like how you use the shape of the front plate to your advantage.

Have you considdered building a filter? Or something like a spring reverb?
Although I do like the sound of a raw lunetta, Im always missing the lower end. A good filter and some reverb adds a lot of body to the sound.

noise
dougseidel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is a totally beautiful instrument, and the music is great. i love that you used knobs from a Radiogram, i device of which i have never heard. I thought a radiogram was the measure of the mass of radio waves. Anyway, i love it!
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thankyou chaps Very Happy

dougseidel wrote:
That is a totally beautiful instrument, and the music is great. i love that you used knobs from a Radiogram, i device of which i have never heard. I thought a radiogram was the measure of the mass of radio waves. Anyway, i love it!

Radio waves don't have mass Laughing a radiogram is a cross between a radio and a gramophone.

tjookum wrote:

Have you considdered building a filter? Or something like a spring reverb?

Yes, I intend to eventually, I have some parts and lots of designs on the line up of things to build.

Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Who run Bartertown? ....Louder can't hear you!"

The Mad Max films are some wild flicks; saw them all as first runs in the theater back in the day.

Okay, okay, Lift Embargo!

JingleJoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal wrote:
"Who run Bartertown? ....Louder can't hear you!"

The Mad Max films are some wild flicks; saw them all as first runs in the theater back in the day.

Okay, okay, Lift Embargo!

But did you see Mad Max: Beyond the Heterodyne? Two waves enter, one wave leaves!

garcho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But did you see Mad Max: Beyond the Heterodyne? Two waves enter, one wave leaves!

brilliant!

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks and sounds superb. Well done.

well done too much coffee too much coffee well done

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sizone

Audio files: 48

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weirdness indeed. I'm working on a minisynth using the top octave divider found elsewhere in the DIY forum. Nothing, but nothing I've tried has worked right over the past few days (waveshapers, transistor latches) and tonight I got kinda frustrated and fed up. The end result is this. I took the tl072 that I been trying unsuccessfully to get to work as an integrator and wired it up as a quadrature oscillator. That didn't really work right either, but after feeding it inputs from the octave divider, the octave divider running through a 4018 sinewave shaper (which works pretty much as it should, but 4 bit sine waves kinda suck) and a 4069 oscillator I got this and it helped to take the edge off. Note that there shouldn't be -anything- on the left channel, what you hear on the left channel is my poor amplifier letting signal bleed through.

fuckola.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fuckola.mp3
 Filesize:  8.55 MB
 Downloaded:  570 Time(s)

JingleJoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krumbeeperly is a word that comes to mind upon hearing your sounds Smile what exactly does a top octave divider do?

sizone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JingleJoe wrote:
Krumbeeperly is a word that comes to mind upon hearing your sounds Smile what exactly does a top octave divider do?

Divides a clock signal into the chromatic scale then divides that down to the various octaves..

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-45583.html

Not terribly Lunetta but very very cmos.
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still don't get it Confused

sizone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a great analogy for the inner workings of a 4040, it involves tiny magical elves of varying heights being electroshock tortured into jumping. I will tell it to you some time.
I put the breadboard away for a week or two while I worked on some stuff using.....premade instruments (hey, my Waldorf missed me). Just broke it back out.
Here are some proof-of-concept sort of noodlings I did testing out using a 4007 as an electrically variable resistor to control a filter. Still need to do much tweaking but I'm fairly overjoyed just that it works. Used the octave divider circuit for the filter's input an a 40106 for the frequency modulation control on the filter, ummm... yay for FM VCF.
(Banana, dancing then possibly exploding).

vcftest1.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  vcftest1.mp3
 Filesize:  7.71 MB
 Downloaded:  555 Time(s)

vcftest2.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  vcftest2.mp3
 Filesize:  8.11 MB
 Downloaded:  572 Time(s)

dougseidel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these are great and rich sounds - that's a cool idea. maybe you can share your implementation - it would be fun to see.
Page 2 of 2 [50 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: