electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Nord Modular G3
Page 15 of 16 [376 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buzzr wrote:
Rudimentary app, nice try though..

Proof of concept I'd say Wink

Quote:
Looks like the Sonic Core Xite-1 is the only game in town now..

I still have the symbolic sound thingie in mind as well ... would the xite be more NM like?

hurolura

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, the Xite-1 is more modular like.

Quickly:

- The thing you loose is that you always needs the PC Host and there is no such morphing feature.

- The thing you win is the warn sound of some of the modules and the number of modukes that can reach more than 1000 !!!

Then the SC modular is just one of the plug-ins available for the platform, therefore you can had some FX.

Last but not least the DSP power available is just tremandous so nothing to compare with what was available inside the G2 (even extended).

modular3-big.jpg
 Description:
Scope modular Screenshot
 Filesize:  328.41 KB
 Viewed:  325 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

modular3-big.jpg

GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Switzerland is an ace country. I've played live in Zurich and Fribourg. I've also stayed in Lausanne. My neighbours mother is from Lausanne too, but she now lives in England.

Great skiing too!! Cool

I was in Geneva last summer to study French. My parents and I took the Cours D'Ete (three week session) at UNIGE. It was a great time, getting to know the city at a more intimate level than I'd ever had before.

The beer was so much cheaper than what one could buy at a bar here in DC - the equivalent of $3-$4 vs. $6 in DC. They didn't have anything as good as, say, Bell's or Dogfish Head on tap, but what they did have was better than Pabst Blue Ribbon or National Bohemian (the two most popular beers with the young-and-poor set), and for the same price.

Some old stuff on VIRB
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure what I'd do if my G2X were to stop functioning. I don't use it for analog emulation because I have a real analog synth - the Moog Voyager. What I do use it for is running the innovative patches created by this community - they go beyond trying to sound like some modular analog synth. Replacing those would be a bit of a pain.

I really should take some time to study how those patches were created, so that I can use the principles behind the patches to reproduce at least some of the functionality on other synths, or some combination of hardware synths, hardware effects units, and software.

Some old stuff on VIRB
jksuperstar

G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I like about the SCOPE XITE Modular is the fact that the module count is high...sometimes a pain to discover and learn such a large "language"...but it also means there is a module to do Lorenz-Attracter type chaos elements for example, rather than spending hours, plus DSP energy, on figuring out how to make the Lorentz in the language of Nord Modular. Because of this, many patches seem to be much...smaller...but are not less effective. There are modules for sample playback, waveterrain, grains, etc. Things we normally have to build up from scratch in the Nord. Of course, all the building blocks are there as well, so one can easily roll your own filter, or whatever.

Here is a good site that breaks out all the modules (know that the modular device from creamware/sonic|core is now in it's 4th revision (Mod IV), and that third party modules exist, such as those from Flexor):
http://cwmodular.org/index.html
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please stop posting about XITE as it is expensive and the least I know about it the better Wink
hurolura

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Please stop posting about XITE as it is expensive and the least I know about it the better Wink

Just what I thought before I bought one Very Happy

jksuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

Oh, so sorry. I won't tell you about 8 inputs and outputs per patch then. And the third party device that allows a modular patch to directly access the I/O, so you can have more than that. I won't mention it, promise.

Nor will I mention the 2x ADAT I/O on the unit either (16 inputs and 16 outputs).
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I won't warn you guys again!

This post might get moved to the spam forum if you carry on Wink

I'm just glad they are slow doing the mac port.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are the outputs dc coupled?

Also is it possible to work with dc audio signals easily?

Just wondering like
jksuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are 2 D.I./preamp type inputs, then another pair of Line level I/O. I am unsure about the coupling of these.

However, the two ADAT Ins and Outs, plus the AES are digital I/O without coupling, so any external converter without coupling could be used. The same is true of the 64 channels of ASIO.

Related, be sure to check this out, as it's cheap:
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html

There are a few people in the SCOPE community that use that to control the SCOPE Modular (and some have mixed analog systems, too) with dead-on precision through audio-as-CV control, rather than the usual inconsistent latencies found with MIDI.

The SCOPE system can also commandeer any windows WAVE type device as extra I/O.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep I have a demo of silent way, have you seen these http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/es3.html

So adat from scope into a couple of these.

Stop it, just stop it now Laughing
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Yep I have a demo of silent way, have you seen these http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/es3.html

So adat from scope into a couple of these.

Stop it, just stop it now Laughing

Cool! My Fireface 800 has some unused ADAT inputs and outputs, this is too tempting...

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a great idea isn't it.
hurolura

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And use some of the available IO to bring the G2 signal in and out, together with some CV-like MIDI control ... Shocked

Raaah lovely !!! Very Happy

gomidas

G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
There are a few people in the SCOPE community that use that to control the SCOPE Modular (and some have mixed analog systems, too) with dead-on precision through audio-as-CV control, rather than the usual inconsistent latencies found with MIDI.

MIDI over Ethernet could be the solution... check out >> http://www.copperlan.org/

Gearjunkies says : "...On the MusikMesse show there was a booth from Klavis Technologies, who have been developing CopperLan. What CopperLan technology does, is transfer traditional MIDI over ethernet. Apart from just changing the cable, they also created a protocol stack that allows for super flexible filtering, routing and working with MIDI message that actually takes MIDI to new levels. It does require CopperLan endpoints though, but it is easily integrated, as shown by manufacturers from the Analog Superbooth as well as the guys from Feeltune, who integrated CopperLan into their Rhizome. We plan to go in depth with CopperLan, so stay tuned for more. It is out MIDI category winner. CopperLan, congratulations!"

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=6315

I really would like to taste that... Wink
CopperPhil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,

If you want to know more about CopperLan, and especially what was exposed at Musikmesse (CopperLan to CV/Gate and other stuff), you can take a look on the CopperLan page on Facebook (public page, no need to register).

Don't know if it is allowed to put a direct link from here. Let me know if you don't find it.

Moreover don't hesitate if I can give you some explanation about CopperLan, the way to unify digital and analog worlds... perhaps in another thread to avoid polluting this one Wink

=>Gomidas, you can try it, it's free! Download CopperLan from www.copperlan.org for Mac and PC.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call me an old cynic, but did you hijack this thread to tell us something totally OT because of the 25,000+ hits this thread has already got? You may have a great product, but this is really not a cool way of going about to advertise it. Sad
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it was hijacked, the previous thread did mention copperlan and CopperPhil did mention starting another thread.

Have you forgotten to take your pills again Smile
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no. I've just forgotten to recharge my brain Shocked
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
hegeldas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wath about buying modular license to clavia, if someone interest in that way, i ve some money to invest, and i am really interest to participate to buil a g3, is it a dream? how do you think that it will cost
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could offer them £250,000? That should cover all the initial development and production and distribution costs?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually maybe £350,000? Idea
Estarriol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is Clavia willing to sell all the hardware blueprints and software sources? 350000 pounds = ~$530000, which is affordable if you can prove this project profitable.
buzzr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an Xite-1. It's buggy as hell. No good for live use. I never know if it's going to shit can me or not...

Nord Modular Rules and they are finished..
Page 15 of 16 [376 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: