electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
volunteers
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: volunteers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some of the areas where we will be looking for support from the electro-music community.

Musical performers - more details to come, but we expect to have 3 nights of concerts, with several performances each night.

Video artists.

Volunteers to help with setup, selling and collecting tickets, selling CDs, etc.

People who live in the Philadelphia area willing to accommodate travelers coming from a distance for a few days.

Someone to act as the main sound engineer.

Vendors of electronic music related gear or merchandise.

Presenters to provide workshops or seminars on topics of interest to the electronic music community.

Owners of vintage, analog, or modular synthesizers, circuit bent instruments, other custom or unusual devices who want to demonstrate their equipment.

Video projectors, a subwoofer
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Amaranth Signal would love to perform there. Plus I would volunteer in any capacity. . .manning a booth, selling tickets, man a video camera (that's what I do for a living), whatever.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I can't wait to meet you guys and hear you perform live.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're all pretty excited and dying to meet you guys.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
Roland Kuit

G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: electro-music 2005 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Howard,
This sounds great! I like to partissipate(lecture/concert).
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, Roland. Thanks...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Stay here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello fellow electroids
I can accomodate two possibly 3 travellers at my place for a few days
If they don't mind sleeping in sleeping bags .
I have floors and if the weather holds a tent that sleeps four
I live pretty close to the cheltenham arts center
If there is anything else I can think of to contribute I will post .
Input please :
welcome:
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it is needed, I can provide my PA system or any components for the event. It is two 12" Yamaha S12e speakers (each handles 250W@ 8 ohms, is sturdy, and can fit on stands), 80W from an Alesis RA-100 (@ 8 ohms), 4 mono & 4 stereo Ch. Behringer Mixer (same as Greg's ). It would probably be good for that large white gallery assuming that it will be used as the a performance area (as it was for that FE(A)ST event), or the PA could be paired with another system.

I can help out with any odd jobs during the event, so let me know if and where you need help when the time comes.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your offers, guys. Much appreciated.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zynthetix wrote:
If it is needed, I can provide my PA system or any components for the event. It is two 12" Yamaha S12e speakers (each handles 250W@ 8 ohms, is sturdy, and can fit on stands), 80W from an Alesis RA-100 (@ 8 ohms), 4 mono & 4 stereo Ch. Behringer Mixer (same as Greg's ). It would probably be good for that large white gallery assuming that it will be used as the a performance area (as it was for that FE(A)ST event), or the PA could be paired with another system.

The space you're referring to is actually the smaller gallery. Yes, we intend to use it for performances. I think that we may need as many as 4 PA systems. One for the main stage, one for performances in the small gallery, one for jam sessions upstairs, and possibly one for demos and workshops in the large gallery. Counting yours we have 4, so we should be in good shape. I will also recommend that people doing equipment demos may want to bring a small speaker or headphone setup that will be self-sufficient.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
I will also recommend that people doing equipment demos may want to bring a small speaker or headphone setup that will be self-sufficient.

it would be cool to have a projector for equipment demos
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
it would be cool to have a projector for equipment demos

that would not only be cool, but I'd go as far to say it would be essential. If nobody has one of these, I'll talk to a relative over the holidays that has one and see if I can borrow it.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If there's going to be video during the shows, this would be a requirement as well. I'm looking into what's available through friends...I might be able to throw some eyecandy during performances. (Yeah, at this point I'm planning a road trip!)
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great. Yes, we need those projectors. More then one since we'll have multiple venues. Thanks, guys, for the offers. Smile
gsga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone is more than welcome to use my (2) 4X12 cabs, w/ Sunn mixer. 150w o' power!

Also, my friend Diedra is a Philly based digital video artist (does awesome work for TBTMO, Hologram, In, Fluid). I'd have to ask, but I'm sure she'd love to do visuals for any performer that would like to add that element to their live set.

A/D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: performance volunteer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, just wanted to say i'd love to perform at this event! samples of my music are up at the page in my signature, and i know GSGA has been to a couple of my shows Razz

this is a fantastic idea, i can't wait to see where this goes

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome A/D, great to have you here...

Thanks for volunteering to play. Cool

I'm listening to one of your tacks now, Divide by Zero. Very nice. I like it. Smile

We are in the process of putting together a call for participation. Stay tuned.

pyxl8r

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: volunteerage Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count me in to help!

I'm willing to donate use of the Cosmic Coffeehouse lighting/effects/fog for the shows...this music REQUIRES it! My PA's available too, but it looks like you've got that covered already.

I know Brainstatik would love to play too (either as the "core duo" or full band) and I'd be interested in securing a vendor space (for my band and Cosmic Coffeehouse promotion and misc swag).

-Ken

PS: It'd be great if somebody can dig up some video projectors, both for lectures/demos and to encourage participation by video artists, who I'm sure would love to contribute some visual atmosphere to the weekend!

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ken, I must have missed you post. Thanks, that'll be great.
gsga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: performance volunteer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A/D wrote:
hey, just wanted to say i'd love to perform at this event! samples of my music are up at the page in my signature, and i know GSGA has been to a couple of my shows Razz

this is a fantastic idea, i can't wait to see where this goes

Woah. I totally missed this. Abe is one of my favorite Philly electro guys playing... you should do this.

gsga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: volunteerage Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pyxl8r wrote:
fog

Very Happy

LoKi

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Believe me guys, if I could drive there, I would be there - checking coats or greeting guests at the door, whatever...

...but my car is not amphibious (let alone ocean-worthy) and there is little chance I can make this month's rent. let alone afford a trip to the US this year. So unless a (wealthy) european producer planning to visit the event has a spare seat in his private jet - I think I will be absent.

sparky_a

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Sound Volunteer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I work out the details it seems I can be there for the three evenings of concerts and would like to help with anything to do with running sound (that's what I do!). Especially if the show includes the NM. Finding some floor space to crash on at 2 or 3 am will certainly make things easier!
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Jump to: